does the game get better?

i honestly dont know what i expected from this game.

i put it on my gamefly list out of just a "why not give it a fucking try" but im having a problem with wanting to play it. does it get better at any point or is just dull the whole way?

i mean this game feels like EVERGRACE from the ps2 which isnt a bad thing except for the fact that i was never bored when playing evergrace (or everblue). i keep waiting for a PSA to pop up talking about planting a tree for a better tomorrow while playing. i just dont know. im thinking about doing this game in parts like just beat it while i have it, send it back and later on when i do get in the mood to play it finish it off trophy wise then.

I've been looking forward to this game since it was first released. I just platinumed it 10 minutes ago and, let me tell you, it was the worst 3 days of my trophy-hunting life (not really, but you know). It was such a disappointment. The game was subpar and lackluster in many ways - endless backtracking, boring fighting systems, clunky AI (majin), relatively subpar graphics - the list goes on and on. The two attacks you started off with :square: & :square::cross: are the only ones you have on you, everything else is done through the majin. And the cheesy plot and dialogues are just horrible. By listening to the Majin talk in broken English and act as if he's mentally challenged for 15 hours lowers your IQ by 20 points. I felt dumb upon finishing this game, seriously.

tl;dr - if you really want the trophies then finish it - it's only 15-18 hours long. But if you expect it to be all fun and whatnot - spare yourself.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I liked this game a lot more than I figured I would. I didn't have any hopes for it though. The AI does suck, I mean.. They did a good job making it to what it is, but it does suck sometimes. I loved the power ups. They way they did it was old school but it was nice that it told you if you were missing anything from certain areas which absolutely amazing for me. I love legend of zelda and this is the one thing that game was missing. So congratulations on having a great map. =)