Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom

Update Not Working!

• 3 weeks later...

yea, well, same thing has been happeneing to me, and ive deleted it and tried redownloading it and it still does it, ive tried it 5 different times over the course of like a month and a half and i still cant get it to work. any news if it will get fixed. because its pissing me off that i cant finish the game because of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

still not working for me. it frickin hates me. have most recent ps system update too. delewted patch, deleted game, tried redloading it, tried installing the patch first. tried all possible combinations, but EVERY time i go to install the mahjong game patch, it freezes and restarts itself. its been months. i NEED and answer cuz this is beyond rediculous...

still not working for me. it frickin hates me. have most recent ps system update too. delewted patch, deleted game, tried redloading it, tried installing the patch first. tried all possible combinations, but EVERY time i go to install the mahjong game patch, it freezes and restarts itself. its been months. i NEED and answer cuz this is beyond rediculous...

Like I said, it was hoaky for me too and it was upsetting me as well. I'm not entirely sure why it suddenly worked for me or I would help you out. If reinstalling and restarting your system and trying to sign out and back in ans such doesn't ever get it to work, I would try to contact the company... Wish I had some solid answer for you... :(

• 6 months later...

Just bought this game because of the sale and I ran into the same problem. I start the game, it wants to update to 1.01, PS3 restarts on its own and nothing gets updated. I tried re-downloading and re-installing it and there was no change, I noticed that it seemed to be a little slow to respond when you agree to the update. I started the game without updating and noticed that the game seems sluggish even at the main menu. I restarted and tried to update again with no luck.

One of the older bad PS3 ports?

Anyway, I let the game sit at the update question for a minute. I think I heard music starting in the background when I agreed to the update. The update started downloading and installed and the game starts fine now. The download is slow so maybe that's the way things are with this game. It gives you time for quiet introspection.

Hopefully anyone that buys this game during the sale and has this problem can try this and get it to work. I guess anyone that didn't get it to work in the last 6 months can try this, too. Oh, this was on a PS3 Slim so I doubt it's an old hardware issue.

Just bought this game because of the sale and I ran into the same problem. I start the game, it wants to update to 1.01, PS3 restarts on its own and nothing gets updated. I tried re-downloading and re-installing it and there was no change, I noticed that it seemed to be a little slow to respond when you agree to the update. I started the game without updating and noticed that the game seems sluggish even at the main menu. I restarted and tried to update again with no luck.

One of the older bad PS3 ports?

Anyway, I let the game sit at the update question for a minute. I think I heard music starting in the background when I agreed to the update. The update started downloading and installed and the game starts fine now. The download is slow so maybe that's the way things are with this game. It gives you time for quiet introspection.

Hopefully anyone that buys this game during the sale and has this problem can try this and get it to work. I guess anyone that didn't get it to work in the last 6 months can try this, too. Oh, this was on a PS3 Slim so I doubt it's an old hardware issue.

Did just that and it worked! =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...