Info Needed for Project Platinum

ShadowAFC

Hey guys,

I currently have this game listed within http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/173239-project-platinum.html, but I'm missing some key pieces of info. Any insight into the following areas would be much appreciated:

Hours to Platinum?

Long/Hard trophies?

Glitched/Unachievable trophies?

Thanks.

Hours to platinum really does depend on skill and luck. So it's really hard to give out a true estimate, but I would say 100-150 hours.

There are a couple of trophies that are not easy to do as well as many trophies that will take a long time to achieve. Some even depend on what kind of tiles you have when you win.

Glitched trophies? I don't think I have come across any. Though there is 1 trophy that i'm not quite sure how to achieve it.

Hours to platinum really does depend on skill and luck. So it's really hard to give out a true estimate, but I would say 100-150 hours.

There are a couple of trophies that are not easy to do as well as many trophies that will take a long time to achieve. Some even depend on what kind of tiles you have when you win.

Glitched trophies? I don't think I have come across any. Though there is 1 trophy that i'm not quite sure how to achieve it.

100-150 hours!!! No way! ;)

This is a 40+ hours platinum (and even less with a guide).

The game plays with modern japanese mahjong rules. As long as you know how to play it, it is fairly easy. No skill nor luck involved. You MUST buy cheat cards to win; this is the whole aim of this game (like a Suchie-Pai game or the recent Tottemo E Mahjong on PS Vita).

Most trophies are all related to win with specific hands (対々和, 四暗刻, etc...) and specific scores (倍萬, W役満, etc...). Other trophies are related to game modes (tournament, online) and options (change avatar, reading tutorial, using roulette, etc...).

No big grind here; no trophy related to reach the last grade, 天人.

One trophy is impossible without buying a specific DLC:

(S)免許皆伝:国士無双 (Certificate of advanced proficiency: Kokushi Musou)

国士無双を10回あがった (Win a hand with a Kokushi Musou 10 times)

This is one of the hardest hand to make in mahjong. Buying the DLC makes it really easy.

2 trophies are online; there's not so many people playing nowadays... so better start with online at first :D

100-150 hours!!! No way! ;)

This is a 40+ hours platinum (and even less with a guide).

The game plays with modern japanese mahjong rules. As long as you know how to play it, it is fairly easy. No skill nor luck involved. You MUST buy cheat cards to win; this is the whole aim of this game (like a Suchie-Pai game or the recent Tottemo E Mahjong on PS Vita).

Most trophies are all related to win with specific hands (対々和, 四暗刻, etc...) and specific scores (倍萬, W役満, etc...). Other trophies are related to game modes (tournament, online) and options (change avatar, reading tutorial, using roulette, etc...).

No big grind here; no trophy related to reach the last grade, 天人.

One trophy is impossible without buying a specific DLC:

(S)免許皆伝:国士無双 (Certificate of advanced proficiency: Kokushi Musou)

国士無双を10回あがった (Win a hand with a Kokushi Musou 10 times)

This is one of the hardest hand to make in mahjong. Buying the DLC makes it really easy.

2 trophies are online; there's not so many people playing nowadays... so better start with online at first :D

Maybe if you only play the game on 1 of the girl's birthdays. But getting DP to me is very grindy. You only get at most 100 DP for winning.

Maybe if you only play the game on 1 of the girl's birthdays. But getting DP to me is very grindy. You only get at most 100 DP for winning.

You got free DP for winning a game but also for:

- all girls on their birthday dates

- your own birthday (when start a new game, choose your birthday date to be the day after)

- winning without using cheat cards

- winning with a support girl

- some random reasons (5000 DP and 10000 DP, could be time related though)

- clearing the tournament

- getting 40 trophies

- getting 50 trophies (well, means you cleared the game; very useful to get the last rank and costume, the venus swimsuit, which is really time consuming)

As you can see, you can get a lot of DP.

And you get more if you beat other opponents with high score hands.

18 trophies can be done quite quickly in this game without buying cheat cards. And most of all the others with some save/load swapping.

Don't give up :dance:

You got free DP for winning a game but also for:

- all girls on their birthday dates

- your own birthday (when start a new game, choose your birthday date to be the day after)

- winning without using cheat cards

- winning with a support girl

- some random reasons (5000 DP and 10000 DP, could be time related though)

- clearing the tournament

- getting 40 trophies

- getting 50 trophies (well, means you cleared the game; very useful to get the last rank and costume, the venus swimsuit, which is really time consuming)

As you can see, you can get a lot of DP.

And you get more if you beat other opponents with high score hands.

18 trophies can be done quite quickly in this game without buying cheat cards. And most of all the others with some save/load swapping.

Don't give up :dance:

Oh I know, I did most of those things already. I even unlocked every outfit. Or at least that meter that shows up after a match for how many DP you earned no longer ranks up any higher.

Cheat cards don't guarantee a win depending on what kind of tiles your 3 opponents have since maybe 1 of them might still get a better hand than you. You can even be put at a disadvantage even with using Cheat Cards. I know I have by getting rid of tiles I discarded that I didn't need. I think the best way is to use the see each person's hand card so you don't make that mistake along with 1 of those cards that gets you mostly the same kind of tiles.

Oh I know, I did most of those things already. I even unlocked every outfit. Or at least that meter that shows up after a match for how many DP you earned no longer ranks up any higher.

So you are at 天人 rank, you should have a lot of DP by now... if not you might have used them all in cheat cards already, which was a mistake in my opinion.

I checked your gamercard and can see you have 33 trophies. Only 7 left to get a good 30000 DP boost.

It seems you did things quite randomly and thus wasted DP too much early for some hard trophies. To make short, at this point you should have cleared some easy ones and have left the hardest for the very last part of the game.

Now, I would be you I'd do:

- 2 online trophies (オンラインデビュー and もう人見知りじゃない!)

- read all tutorial sections (勉強家)

- play in support mode with the same girl (僕だけの応援ガール)

- 免許皆伝:平和

All without buying cheat cards.

And then:

- リーチの鬼 if you're close to it or any other 免許皆伝:XXX remaining trophy; I personally would go for 免許皆伝:四喜和 or 免許皆伝:大三元

- set all opponents to negative scores with one hand (完璧なる勝利の法則) and that can be done in with going either for 免許皆伝:四喜和 or 免許皆伝:大三元.

Cheat cards don't guarantee a win depending on what kind of tiles your 3 opponents have since maybe 1 of them might still get a better hand than you. You can even be put at a disadvantage even with using Cheat Cards. I know I have by getting rid of tiles I discarded that I didn't need. I think the best way is to use the see each person's hand card so you don't make that mistake along with 1 of those cards that gets you mostly the same kind of tiles.

Mahjong is like poker for western people; you must "read" other people game by what they declare/discard. So any "ミエール" or "ヨクミエール" is useless in my opinion; better use DP on something more efficient to beat your opponent. Of course you can still loose with cheat cards as AI is tough and lucky but you should do the save/reload trick. At the end of the game, I would win all my hands/games in one turn using 2 cheat cards only. Minimum DP spending for maximum result.

I'll send you a PM also.