Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Trophy Difficulty Rating

FiftyQuid

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.53

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a difficult one to accurately gauge. It's going to come down to luck, skill, which deck(s) you favor, how knowledgeable the people you run into online are, which decks they favor and the fact that downloading the DLC apparently slows your ability to earn the gold trophy.

Also the Two Headed Giant style games can rapidly get out of hand. When you have about 17 creatures attacking you the interface gets waaaay too cluttered to really tell what's going on.

1 maybe 2 difficulty. Nothing in this game is hard.

-Any campaign match can be won with any deck if you try enough. Sometimes the computer gets bad draws and you can walk all over them.

-Unlocking cards is just a grind. Zero difficulty.

-If you can't figure out a challenge there are plenty of places where you can find the answer online.

-Online trophies can be boosted.

Edited by skazzzz4

1 maybe 2 difficulty. Nothing in this game is hard.

-Any campaign match can be won with any deck if you try enough. Sometimes the computer gets bad draws and you can walk all over them.

-Unlocking cards is just a grind. Zero difficulty.

-If you can't figure out a challenge there are plenty of places where you can find the answer online.

-Online trophies can be boosted.

There is a trophy for beating the game in co-op and a beginner at Magic will have a very difficult time beating the last boss especially if he is playing alone.

There's also the added problem of the DLC complicating the difficulty depending on the order it is downloaded...

I looked into this after reading your post. I put off downloading the DLC until after I unlock the 100% trophy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Unlocking all the cards is a pain in the ass. Each match takes about 10 minutes, and assuming you win every game, that's like 2-3 hours per deck.

I'm almost done with campaign, but havent had any luck connecting to people online yet so obviously I havent voted yet.

If you set the AI to easy the computer is really, really stupid. It's not that hard.
I'd still have to say there is skill-level to consider. I've found using some colors to be difficult against some decks even on easy, but then again, I'm also semi-inexperienced with Magic.

Overall- I'd say a 4. There's a grind that can be frustrating if the difficulty isn't brought down. Of my 11 downloaded games, this has to be the hardest.

If you set the AI to easy the computer is really, really stupid. It's not that hard.
I actually have to admit that I had stupidly put the AI on Planeswalker, making this really hard. I hadn't realized this until I checked in the Game Settings. :think:

There's a lot to consider on the difficulty of a game. In Rock Band, for example, it's a lot easier to platinum if you're a master on every instrument. The same applies here, only it is a card game. If you're new or even relatively new, you can struggle for sure.

EDIT: However, after playing with the AI set to the lowest- Mage- I've still lost 3 times to the 10th challenge's Black deck and four times now (really frustrated) on the 11th challenge's blue deck (using the White deck).

Edited by Azgard12

I actually have to admit that I had stupidly put the AI on Planeswalker, making this really hard. I hadn't realized this until I checked in the Game Settings. :think:

There's a lot to consider on the difficulty of a game. In Rock Band, for example, it's a lot easier to platinum if you're a master on every instrument. The same applies here, only it is a card game. If you're new or even relatively new, you can struggle for sure.

EDIT: However, after playing with the AI set to the lowest- Mage- I've still lost 3 times to the 10th challenge's Black deck and four times now (really frustrated) on the 11th challenge's blue deck (using the White deck).

That's because it's not really based on your skill at the game but moreso on your draw versus the opponent's draw. I've won a Campaign match after repeated losses because my opponent had like 6 lands in a row with no other cards in his hand. Even more importantly, if you get either too many lands or no lands, you're screwed.

That's because it's not really based on your skill at the game but moreso on your draw versus the opponent's draw. I've won a Campaign match after repeated losses because my opponent had like 6 lands in a row with no other cards in his hand. Even more importantly, if you get either too many lands or no lands, you're screwed.

Very true. If this game actually had a 'real' deck editor that let you formulate your own deck out of all the cards including unlockable cards, then it would be more skill oriented. Of course even then you can have bad draws, but it would still be more skill oriented than luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play Magic:TG long time ago and stopped buying cards a long time ago but when i saw the demo I gave it a try so I purchased the game. This game is luck of the draw and knowing when to change your intial draw of cards. I played yesterday for 6 hours plus didn't know that you can change the AI difficulty till i saw a post in this thread, beat the last guy on campaign but haven't done co-op campaign hell i don't even know which AI setting I beat the game is. After i complete the challenges going to do co-op if there's anybody on.

I gave it a 3. That is based on setting the AI to easy ("Mage"), having a boosting partner to swap wins with for those trophies and unlocking additional cards, getting 100% before installing DLC. You can also get the "Last One Standing" easy by having your boost partner team up with you on the third player till he's defeated, then your partner concedes (be sure to leave DLC enabled or no trophy). I posted strategy for beating the harder bosses in the strategy guide too.

You can increase your difficulty by not doing the above, or wearing a blindfold, but that doesn't make the trophy difficulty itself harder, just your experience.

Edited by TigerLust

• 2 weeks later...

I think there should be two vote for this one.

If you've already played magic seriously, difficulty is 1. The challenges are a walk in the park and both campaign are pretty easy (even on planeswalker). Wining online is much much easier than with the real "Magic Online", once you've unlocked enough card that is.

However, if you're new to Magic, I guess it might be a 4 or 5.

I've played Magic for many years and am disappointed in the lack of customization in the game. That being said, it's definitely one of the better implementations of the physical card game. AI's pretty decent too. I'll give it a 2, only because of grinding for the 100% if you don't want to pay for the unlock codes.

• 2 weeks later...