Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Best Decks in CO-OP mode?

I combine the green deck with the green/black/red deck. The green deck has quite some heavy hitters that are quite easy to summon. The deck is made to get a lot of mana. The green/black/red deck is quite compatible (it gives you green monsters for that seed of life) but also has a lot of removal cards to destroy artefacts and other spells.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit old but for anyone else who decides to do co-op by themselves like I did (and doesn't buy the DLC) I recommend a combination of the all-green and elf decks whenever either of your opponents is at least part green.

Combining Elf Champion's forestwalk (making elves unblockable when there's a forest on the enemy side in either deck) and Jagged Scar Archer's unblockable ability to hit flying creatures made the last three fights in the game some of the easiest since each team is reliant on flying creatures and has forests.

And on the green side there's Troll Ascetic who can't be hit by spells like Pacifism or Persuasion (combine him with Blanchwood Armor and get him trample to make him unstoppable), Roughshod Mentor and Vigor. Both sides get healing from Wurm's Tooth too.

Of course getting these cards into play relies on luck.

For me the hardest fight in the game was against the all-blue and all-black team. And it came less than half way into the campaign.

Edited by mactael

I know this thread is a bit old but for anyone else who decides to do co-op by themselves like I did (and doesn't buy the DLC) I recommend a combination of the all-green and elf decks whenever either of your opponents is at least part green.

Combining Elf Champion's forestwalk (making elves unblockable when there's a forest on the enemy side in either deck) and Jagged Scar Archer's unblockable ability to hit flying creatures made the last three fights in the game some of the easiest since each team is reliant on flying creatures and has forests.

And on the green side there's Troll Ascetic who can't be hit by spells like Pacifism or Persuasion (combine him with Blanchwood Armor and get him trample to make him unstoppable), Roughshod Mentor and Vigor. Both sides get healing from Wurm's Tooth too.

Of course getting these cards into play relies on luck.

For me the hardest fight in the game was against the all-blue and all-black team. And it came less than half way into the campaign.

That was easy to me. I used all green and all white decks. I'll try all green and elf deck co-op later.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...