9 Lives?

homicide9209

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
You have to go through the WHOLE episode at least and if you still don't have 9 lives, then continue on with the next one. I remember picking up a few lives in the first 12 or so levels of the Pirates Episode.

Damn i got all the DLC trophys and story ones sept this 1..it seems like it sucks.

• 8 months later...

struggling with this myself, just need this and the kill all dragons before the knight one to get my gold trophy. great little game, just a shame a lot of the trophies are luck based. gonna download the jungle and witches dlc, got the winter one. surprisingly really fun.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1155/BEANO_BRFC.png

Edited by jimmylad

• 2 months later...

I too had problems getting 9 lives during the 'Plundering Pirates' episode, the hearts never really dropped that often.

When I switched to the 'Naughty Knights' episode however, the hearts dropped A LOT more frequently. I got 9 lives in about 7 or 8 levels.

Of course, this is random to a large extent, but it does seem that the hearts are more common in the second episode, so give that a try if you're having trouble.

• 1 month later...

I found lives totally random, but this trophy is pretty easy:

1: Just don't let yourself die. Restart a level whenever you lose more lives than you gain.

2: All the treasure boxes will release a good pickup every two times they are hit by the ball, so screw the level and hit the box as often as possible until it breaks. You'll almost certainly get at least one life from a treasure box if you hit it enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.... I think this game hates me!

I just played though the first 20 levels of the pirates

Lvl and only got 3 lives! They did drop

Probably 30 instant kill skulls which I was forced

To hit 2 of them...... This sucks

There must be a better technique. First I tried using evey upgrade they have me, but then I thought it would be better to make the stages last as long as possible, that didn't work.

I also tried destroying as much as possible and that seemed to

Drop hearts.

AHH HA!! I got it.

I didn't realize when you quit a level and continue it saves the exact amount of hearts (lives) you had.

I was reading the guide as if you fall behind your starting amount of 3 that you should start over! This makes it 100x easier! I got 9 hearts in the first 5 levels and they were extremely easy/slow levels too.

Just for the hell of t I kept going after getting the trophy and saved it with 15 hearts. ;)

So yeah. If you lose a heart simply quit and restart the level with all of your hearts intact.

Edited by spoonman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...