Bonus Plan Trophy

Patriotbball5460

in ONE game.realy hard, u have to start at 1-1.it takes me nearly to the end of the game to achieve this one

Shit, really? Can anyone confirm this? Cause I was playin tonight and was gonna stop playing PS3 for the night so I waited till I got to a million and then I quit it. I would have kept going if this had to be done in one run.

usually you get a gold coin from each level, sometimes more, sometimes less.....anyhow lets say i started on 1.1 and got a gold coin, reset 200 times (providing i actually collected a coin) would that count?

cus you could go through to the last level then do this for the remaining coins you need.

im on level 1.19 now and have only collected about 50 coins so far :-( im gonna try it out when im at the last level.

I got this around 2-11 as well. I got this and Morris in the same playthrough. I never failed completely, but I did restart levels when I didn't get a heart early on. So you can definitely restart (by hitting start then selecting "restart level" - do NOT hit quit).

Something I found out about the 200 bonus points trophy......... When I played through I kept a running tally, I reset levels if I lost too many lives or the level didn't send me any coins. Well my trophy popped when I had 164 coins counted so what I figured if you restart level or retry after you lose your last life, it counts the coins you gathered as well. This is the only logical explanation for my trophy popping so much earlier, although i'm not complaining.

Something I found out about the 200 bonus points trophy......... When I played through I kept a running tally, I reset levels if I lost too many lives or the level didn't send me any coins. Well my trophy popped when I had 164 coins counted so what I figured if you restart level or retry after you lose your last life, it counts the coins you gathered as well. This is the only logical explanation for my trophy popping so much earlier, although i'm not complaining.

Or it doesn't need to be done in one run. Unless that was your first run, then never mind me.

Yup, just got this last night.. its not too hard.

if you can score on average at least 50,000 on the bonus levels, you should get it early, in the second stage.

If you read the advice on the forums (like I did) I got a bunch of trophies on one play-through (took me about 1.5 hours)

I got the:

10 and 25 in a row

completing the two chapter trophies

and the 500k + 1000k

9 lives (immediately restart the level if you loose a heart)

minuteman trophy

plus the 200 COINS :)

i got pretty much 9, on one playthrough

(couldn't save the knight on my first try) hah

personally, i thought the 'through the fire and flames' trophy was the hardest

also, the collect the SKULL one, you have to COLLECT 5 within the same try I'm pretty sure.

because one game I collected 4 in one level

(level 22 i believe from the pirates - where there are 3 tiki guys)

then i died, but accidentally pressed 'continue' so i had to start from the menu again.

I collected 2 the next game, but nothing happened -- so i just kept restarting the level (keeping it the same game) and got the remaining 3, and then it unlocked right away.

my total skulls though in the stats is 18 :confused:

haha, so yes... 1 play you must get 5 skulls, doesn't matter if you restart the level.

k40!!

thanks ps3trophies.org

Edited by kawaks40

thats what the guide said.. but personally, if anyone's isn't unlocking - that what I had to do.

under stats, it said I had 13 skulls - but I didn't receive a trophy.

So I started up that pirate level I mentioned, and collected 5 skulls (restarting every time I had no hearts left/almost done the level)

And it unlocked exactly on my 5th.

bringing my total to 18.

so i guess it was just random luck.. thats the only reason I said do it on one try.

which isn't hard - and will happen 100%

thanks for the guide :)

just including the skull part incase anyone has the same luck as me

k40!

After two runs through the entire game and missing it (bad luck on bonus rounds), I did it again (i kept a tally the last time and this time). I also counted the coins i got but lost when restarting a level. Sure enough, the coins you get during a restart are counted. So essentially, if you get close to the end, and still havn't recieved the trophy, you can keep restarting and getting coins on the same level.

You do not have to collect all five skulls in one run.

I'm pretty sure you do.

I had collected 8 skulls but didn't get the trophy. Then I started a new game and went for the skulls, just hit "try again" a couple of times when I lost all my lives, and got it after collecting five of them.

So the skulls seem to behave just like coins, you do have to get them in one run, but all collected skulls count towards it even if you restart the level.

Does anyone remember when the Bonus Plan trophy pops up, during a level or after completion of a level? I've been restarting level 2-24 for hours collecting coins and I feel that I must have 200 by now, but the trophy never pops up. I know I should just try the game again from the beginning but I'm stuck in the "I must only need one more coin" mentality. Thanks!

Does anyone remember when the Bonus Plan trophy pops up, during a level or after completion of a level? I've been restarting level 2-24 for hours collecting coins and I feel that I must have 200 by now, but the trophy never pops up. I know I should just try the game again from the beginning but I'm stuck in the "I must only need one more coin" mentality. Thanks!

I got mine during the level also.

thats what the guide said.. but personally, if anyone's isn't unlocking - that what I had to do.

under stats, it said I had 13 skulls - but I didn't receive a trophy.

So I started up that pirate level I mentioned, and collected 5 skulls (restarting every time I had no hearts left/almost done the level)

And it unlocked exactly on my 5th.

bringing my total to 18.

so i guess it was just random luck.. thats the only reason I said do it on one try.

which isn't hard - and will happen 100%

thanks for the guide :)

just including the skull part incase anyone has the same luck as me

k40!

For the skulls one... its level 23, and you can just keep restarting it everytime you get 1 skull. I just did it and got the trophy after about 5-10mins of playing/restarting the level.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so I just unlocked the "Bonus Plan" trophy. I read numerous post saying you had to do it in one play through. I dont actually believe this to be correct. I got mine around 110 bonus points coins. the way I understand the trophy description is collect 200 "Bonus points" POWER-UPS. power-ups being the key to the description. I don't think the bonus levels actually count. i counted all the coins i got including restarts and the bonus levels. like i said it was around 110 it unlocked. Now, I'm not saying others are wrong, just this is only my opinion on it. maybe it must be one play maybe not.