Magic Orbz DLC: Winter & Jungle - Trophy Guide

TigerLust

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/Orbz-RoadMap.jpg

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Overview (for all DLC)

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 5.0/10 (A bit harder than the base game, which is rated 4/10)

+ Winter Offline: 4 (3(S) 1(B))

+ Jungle Offline: 4 (3(S) 1(B))

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time: 2-3 hours each (depends on your skill and luck of which random power-ups drop)

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

+ Missable trophies: None. (You can use chapter select.)

+ Glitched: None

+ Cheats: No cheats

Roadmap (for all DLC)

First off, yes, you need to own the base game in order to play the DLC. I will assume you have followed the excellent trophy guide that exists for the base game and Wicked Witches DLC. If you haven't, this is a good time to do that. This roadmap will just get right down to the additional DLC's.

There are a whopping four trophies in each DLC. I suggest just trying to complete all the levels, going for the completion trophies. Then when you are done, start a new game on the other levels that have specific trophies. If you luck out and randomly unlock the level-specific trophies along the way, even better of course.

There you have it, the most comprehensive roadmap ever ~ now even including a third paragraph! :rolleyes:

Trophy Guides

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/Orbz-Winter.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/18.jpg [Winter] Let it snow! (B)

Complete the "Winter" episode

As with all episodes so far, there are 24 levels you need to complete. After completing the final level, this unlocks. You can do this in multiple sessions, just select the highest level you have unlocked.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/19.jpg [Winter] Penguins in Danger! (S)

Help the valiant penguins fight the nasty bears!

On [Winter] level 15, kill the terrifying bears before destroying any penguins. Use power-ups like torpedoes, cannons and guns to your advantage by aiming for those vicious polar bears ~ and don't look into their eyes, trust me. This is the easiest of this DLC. If a penguin dies, hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies//71/20.jpg [Winter] Call for Help! (S)

Call for help by launching the fireworks! Don't let the witch notice you! Avoid hitting this elderly lady.

On [Winter] level 17, you will notice a witch who decided to be wicked and sneak into the wrong DLC. Break all the fireworks boxes to launch them before you hit the *itch. There are fireworks boxes above her as well, and you need to bust those before hitting her. This trophy will unlock as soon as you set off the fireworks, so don't hit on her until after the trophy unlocks. If you knock her up first, hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/21.jpg [Winter] I fly only first class (S)

And finally, send that old man in a red cap off on a big air trip

On [Winter] level 24, Santa is standing on top of a ton of boxes and his hat is touching the top of the screen. You need to knock him off the top box with the wind power-up. If Santa falls off with anything but wind, this will not unlock.

• If the stack of boxes Santa is on gets hit and goes down a box, this will not unlock.
  • Avoid the earthquake/hammer power-up at all costs, as this will instantly destroy your chance at this trophy.
  • Also avoid iron ball power-up, or be carefull to aim away from Santa's boxes...
  • If Santa's hat is not touching the top of the screen, you need to hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.
  • If you see a little wind/tornado powerup, grab it and wait for the trophy to unlock!
  • The power-ups are random, so you may luck out and get the wind power-up, otherwise just keep re-starting.

Edited by TigerLust

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/Orbz-Jungle.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/22.jpg [Jungle] Conquistador (B)

Conquer the new continent's land.

As with all episodes so far, there are 24 levels you need to complete. After completing the final level, this unlocks. You can do this in multiple sessions, just select the highest level you have unlocked.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/23.jpg [Jungle] Keen cannoneer (S)

The villagers have been attacked by tigers. Help them by shooting the tigers from the cannons without hitting any other objects (except for the fireworks).

On [Jungle] level 9, you have to hit the Right Cannon, then the Left Cannon, then the Right Cannon again and wait for the chain effects to all finish. You can hit other objects, as long as you don't destroy them.

• To make it really easy, start a new game on [Jungle] Level 9
  • You dont want anything to move or break, don't catch any power-ups other than, say, magnet or heart/life.
  • Aim for the right cannon and don't catch the ball.
  • Wait for the chain effect to finish, then aim the next ball at the left cannon, again don't catch the ball.
  • Wait for the chain effect to finish again, then aim the next ball at the right cannon. Keep the ball in play this time while the chain effect plays out, being sure not to hit anything enough times to break (other than fireworks).

(Credit to Tparsons5150 for the solution of which cannons to hit in what order)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/24.jpg [Jungle] Enchanted water (S)

Three enchanted waterfalls maintain the shaman's force. Destroy them to defeat the shaman.

On [Jungle] level 17 there are three waterfalls (when hit they will turn your ball into the crazy ball for a few seconds). After you hit a waterfall several times, it will eventually be destroyed. It is a pain, but keep at it. When you get shoot-able power-ups, try to clear a path for the ball to the upper left waterfall. When you break all the waterfalls, this trophy will pop. (NOTE: I had actually killed the shaman before the third waterfall, but the voodoo guy on the upper right was still alive and it still popped. Not sure why it unlocked this time, as my first time completing the level it didn't unlock, and I do not recall if I got the "Level Clear" power-up before destroying all of them.)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/25.jpg [Jungle] The enemy is defeated (S)

Now the shaman is defenseless, but he's not that easy to beat! The thunderstorm will help you.

• On [Jungle] level 24, you need to destroy the shaman.

• SOME have said they get the trophy after killing the shaman with regular/iron/big balls, and it flat out does NOT work for others.
  • SOME have even gotten extremely lucky with two lightnings, and had the whole tribe+shaman get zapped with a thunderstorm :eek:
  • SOME have gotten the trophy without wiping out the tribe first.
  • What DOES work for everyone is wiping out the tribe, then using lightning to zap the shaman.
  • It does NOT matter if the waterfalls are destroyed or not, as this popped with one left for me
  • If the shaman dies and the trophy doesn't pop after a few seconds, hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.

(credit to rockordie56 for saying it is level 24)

(credit to claytonhorning for saying he got it without using lightning)

(credit to C-Train for saying that it is after the tribe that matters)

Closing Notes

PS: Yes, there will be more DLC...

Trophy Guide and Road Map are complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other physical form, electronic media, or any other form. This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Edited by TigerLust

To get "THE ENEMY IS DEFEATED"; kill the shaman in level 24 with the spiky ball. Mine triggered IMMEDIATELY afterwards.

Can anyone else confirm getting this without lightning? My first time doing the stage, he died (I forget which way, not lightning) and the trophy didn't unlock...

Can anyone else confirm getting this without lightning? My first time doing the stage, he died (I forget which way, not lightning) and the trophy didn't unlock...

Pretty sure my trophy popped without the shaman being killed by lightning. Can't remember how he died, but I remember thinking I was going to restart the level when the trophy popped.

hmmmm... i've killed him 3 times now and no trophy... once with the big ball, and twice with normal ball, any idea's?:confused:

I got it with lightning, as that is in the trophy description, I knew it would work. That would be my suggestion.

claytonhorning said he got it with Spikey (Iron Ball), so just waiting on a second person to confirm this before adding it to the guide. Irish95 isn't 100% sure what he had, but it wasn't lightning...

Just killed him twice in a row with the spiky ball and didn't get it either time. The only reason I even tried a second time was because I wasn't sure it was him the first time because he was sideways from the wind, but the second time it was most definitely him. Does not work.

UPDATE: I just killed him with a normal ball when he was the only character left on the screen and the trophy popped. Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe he has to be the last one if not killed by lightning.

Edited by C-Train

UPDATE: I just killed him with a normal ball when he was the only character left on the screen and the trophy popped. Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe he has to be the last one if not killed by lightning.

ya i think you have to kill all his pals before you kill him, they're the defense....my problem is i keep getting the pink ball, and that kills him, before i can knock off his pals...

By the way, does anyone know when you're trying to get rid of the fountains, if you hit them with a cannon or bazooka does that count towards the number of times you have to hit them, or should I save my bullets? Thanks.

save your bullets

Edited by shamrock54

ya i think you have to kill all his pals before you kill him, they're the defense....my problem is i keep getting the pink ball, and that kills him, before i can knock off his pals...

Yeah, apparently the key here is Now the shaman is defenseless, meaning you need to kill out the whole tribe first. Thanks to C-Train for the info.

PS: Damn, that crazy pink ball sucks.

...I just killed him with a normal ball when he was the only character left on the screen and the trophy popped. Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe he has to be the last one if not killed by lightning.

When I got the trophy with lightning, he was the last man standing. So the only important factor is apparently that he is the last one. Thanks for the info, guide updated (with credit of course).

On level 5-24 I got one Lightning icon while my paddle was magnetized early on, then I held on to the ball until the lightning bolts on screen produced a second Lightning icon, I grabbed that one too. The difference between 1 and 2 lightning icons is you get a massive screen filling "thunderstorm" (hence the trophy description) that killed most of the guys on screen including the Shaman. Seems difficult but if you can get that first lightning icon while your paddle is magnetized you should be able to hold on to the ball while the current lightning storm produces a second Lightning icon.

Yeah, apparently the key here is Now the shaman is defenseless, meaning you need to kill out the whole tribe first. Thanks to C-Train for the info.

PS: Damn, that crazy pink ball sucks.

I didnt.I got lightning early on in the level with all the characters left.It only killed the shamen and the trophy unlocked.By the way am I the only one who found parts of this game very hard?

I hate to throw another variable into the [Jungle] The enemy is defeated! Trophy but I just got it and I hadn't met any of the requirements that people have said. I was still trying to get my ball up in the left or right corner to get behind the first metal great when a lightning power up dropped. I picked it up expecting not much because of what has been said on here. Well it struck once or twice normally then BOOM it wipes out the whole tribe and the Shaman. I waited and sure enough the trophy popped. :applause:

This one time (in band camp) I got a lightning power-up. I didn't shoot my ball again, and that lightning struck something and another lightning power-up came down. Then a third, without shooting my ball again, still. After the three thunderstorms, I noticed the shaman was still standing. Then I shot the final ball and had to restart...

Gotta love the consistency! :rolleyes:

Edited by TigerLust

ill add mine, cleared all his defenders and decided to try kill him with the ball or lightning if it happened to come up, it didnt come up and my ball got him and no trophy

such a good run too, was getting tripple crazy balls and they were hitting everything but him and his pedestal, you suck magic ball

Edit: 5mins later I got it, cleared all the defenses and got a lightning that killed him, trophy poped

Edited by TheNukes