Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Paid DLC Unlocking Cards

equiray

Wow.

There are a lot of trophies I would pay for (such as one that magically locates my final missing shard in Infamous, or Treasure Hunter from FFXIII) but I have to agree with Puppet. This seems a little silly, having gamers pay for something that is usually handled by a cheat code.

No, a lot of developers are selling "time saver" unlocks. This is just one of them, for those who like to enjoy MTG without having to play so many battles to unlock everything. NFS Hot Pursuit, Blazblue, and even Burnout Paradise all have these "keys" you can buy to unlock early.

It still strikes me as odd. If you LIKE the game then you're going to play it. And through playing it you're going to unlock the cards for the decks you play. If you don't like particular decks then I guess I could understand not wanting to play those. But I'm not really sure who the target audience for this is. Especially considering how easily players can band together to unlock everything super quickly.

No, a lot of developers are selling "time saver" unlocks. This is just one of them, for those who like to enjoy MTG without having to play so many battles to unlock everything. NFS Hot Pursuit, Blazblue, and even Burnout Paradise all have these "keys" you can buy to unlock early.
Well. It's the customer's money and gaming experience, so no harm done.

But I'm with Puppet. It's silly...

Wait, does that make me elitist? I always wanted to grow up to be one of thsose! :applause: :dance:

I really only bought the game to play with my friends online, I dont really enjoy playing the CPU, MTG is more of a social game for me. Having the ability to pay to unlock the cards so I'm not always losing due to not having as many/as good cards as people we play online is awesome.

Its also more of the MTG 'feel'. If you buy a deck IRL and the people you play with beat you down consistantly, you can always go buy a few booster packs or new decks to augment your deck and playing style.

If they were to allow you to buy booster packs or new decks that had nothing to do with being unlocked in the game, I think I would be more against it, but as it stands, I think it makes it closer to table top MTG.

• 2 weeks later...
You can buy all the gun unlocks for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

It isn't very hard to unlock the guns and if you are going to play the game for more than 5 minutes a waste of money IMO.

Well, I bought the blue deck yesterday because I can't play it very well and I don't enjoy it. Sure I'm a slacker but I had a choice of ending it quick or working through something I wouldn't enjoy.

It's all in the eye of the beholder haha. Sure, it's a bit bad that you can't create your own decks but the decks in the game are pretty interesting. Atleast if you ask me :)