Rate the trophy difficulty...  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.49

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but you can do an initial poll to guage how people view it now and then restart it in a few weeks, once people have started dedicating more time to getting the trophies and there is a better understanding of exactly what is involved in achieving some of them.

its going to be mad hard, some of the ribbons ask for too much. i havent voted because i dont vote until i get the plat. but its going to be a whilllle if i get it. theres just isnt enough time in the level to get the requirements for ribbons easily. you have to go so far out of way to get some and then you find yourself playing a match for the ribbons instead of the win and then your team losses because you spend most of your time doing other crap to get ribbons. there should be more objective based ribbons like taking the letter objectives in domination and stuff IMO

I agree. I haven't even thought about getting some of the ribbons and probably won't because it takes me out of the realm of my game. I like reviving/healing/helping teammates and taking objectives. That is name of the game.

*signed* . I love to run around healing others, repairing stuff and taking objectives. I even ended on first place in my platoon once with just 5 kills :rolleyes:. Ribbons like "30 kills with gun x" or "streaker" are pretty much impossible to get this way. I tried going for kills instead of doing objectives a few times, but even then i didn't get those ribbons (at least 1 kill per minute with just one gun, that's insane in these vast maps....). So, i'd have to play dozens of games in a way i don't like just to get the plat. Don't like that idea.

A few of those ribbons you need to get really make this a difficulty 10. I'm pretty sure i can say this being lvl 28 now.

Edited by Wub^4

Platinum isn't that hard after all.

In average I earn around 1000 XP per hour (actually I played around 38 hours and are at around 39000 XP (which is level 48)). So reaching level 60 won't take that long if you have fun playing this game and having good friends playing with you.

Also the ribbons aren't that hard if you are going for them in special. I mean, sure, it's nearly impossible to earn a ribbon like "repair 3 AA guns" or "repair 3 mortars" while playing with SVER - cause they have the best maps for defense and when playing good the attackers won't get behind the bunkers.

But with Raven for example (that's also the faction I started with) it's pretty easy since your defense mostly will be overran pretty fast. Just try to get to the thing you want to repair as often as possible - and you will have these ribbons after a few matches.

Got problems with the killing x enemies in one match with weapon y? There is also a simple solution. Improve your skill (okay, easy spoken, I know). Or just try to skill the weapon, use it as often as possible and - as most important point - get the silencer for this weapon, if one is available.

As long as you concentrate on the ribbons you want to earn you will get them pretty fast.

And the medals in the end are even easier then the ribbons since they only need endurance. Sure, you maybe don't get 100 great victories or 100 victories as defender while playing Raven - but since there is this veteran mode allowing you to switch the faction without loosing your stats you will get these after joining SVER for example. Also you need to play all 3 factions for platinum - so everything will come over time.

This game deserves a solid 6 for platinum - Time consuming? Yes. Endurance needed? Yes. But the difficulty isn't that high - at least for players with average to good skills.

On the other side I wouldn't suggest this game to beginners for which it could be a hard 10.

Platinum isn't that hard after all.

In average I earn around 1000 XP per hour (actually I played around 38 hours and are at around 39000 XP (which is level 48)). So reaching level 60 won't take that long if you have fun playing this game and having good friends playing with you.

The only people I know earning EXP that slow are people who AREN'T in clan (X). A friend of mine is earning on average 700 - 1200 exp per game and leveled from 58 to 60 in an hour. Another member of his clan has already reached 60, played 60 for a few days, then switched to Raven and is over level 25.

There's nothing hard about this game. At all. The only truely time consuming trophy is getting all the ribbons, since a few can only be achieved once or twice a game and make you do them 500 - 1000 times.

To make the online play difficulty curve fair, this is a 5 or a 6.

The only people I know earning EXP that slow are people who AREN'T in clan (X). A friend of mine is earning on average 700 - 1200 exp per game and leveled from 58 to 60 in an hour. Another member of his clan has already reached 60, played 60 for a few days, then switched to Raven and is over level 25.

There's nothing hard about this game. At all. The only truely time consuming trophy is getting all the ribbons, since a few can only be achieved once or twice a game and make you do them 500 - 1000 times.

have you not read about how hard the ribbons are. level 60s are nothing. its the ribbons and metals that are the problem. after i finally get it if i get it im going to vote 9-10. getting these ribbons are stressful

Hahahahaha do you think that be the 1st MVP (player with best score) on 25 matches is easy? that medal ruined my platinum, other ones are only time consuming, but this one... i'm not a very good player.

The ribbons aren't the hardest about this game. As long as you concentrate on doing them they go pretty fast. The only two ribbons which need some kind of "luck" are the ribbons for the AA guns (destroy and repair 3 ones in one match) since you mostly will see just one AA gun per match.

The easiest are level 60 - followed by all ribbons - to the hardest being the medals (mostly just endurance - mostly).

For all having problems being best (second/third) player of the platoon: Try doing as much as possible near the target set by the squadleader - this doubles the XP. Destroying enemy things ike mortar, sensor, doors, bunkers and so on are also great ways to earn XP. And if everything fails, pull out your medic setup. Playing the medic earns you pretty much XP and can be done also by players not so good (I saw a people on sabotage with 3/27 kills - but being the best player on our side by just healing and reviving friends near the target).

The ribbons aren't the hardest about this game. As long as you concentrate on doing them they go pretty fast. The only two ribbons which need some kind of "luck" are the ribbons for the AA guns (destroy and repair 3 ones in one match) since you mostly will see just one AA gun per match.

The easiest are level 60 - followed by all ribbons - to the hardest being the medals (mostly just endurance - mostly).

For all having problems being best (second/third) player of the platoon: Try doing as much as possible near the target set by the squadleader - this doubles the XP. Destroying enemy things ike mortar, sensor, doors, bunkers and so on are also great ways to earn XP. And if everything fails, pull out your medic setup. Playing the medic earns you pretty much XP and can be done also by players not so good (I saw a people on sabotage with 3/27 kills - but being the best player on our side by just healing and reviving friends near the target).

Exactly. They aren't that hard, they just take a long time. Getting exp isn't much of a problem, you don't have to be very good. Like Jjos said, just go to where your platoon leaders set the frago and you get double exp for everything you do, Make sure you have improved resussitation and once you get to the higher levels you can raise your life total to 120, which is helpful. Just use teamwork and the exp rolls right in.

you have to go so far out of way to get some and then you find yourself playing a match for the ribbons instead of the win and then your team losses because you spend most of your time doing other crap to get ribbons.

Yeah, this is one of the things that will kill this game. On the RAVEN thread, Raul_Atraides wrote about how his own squad leader shot him in the back so he could get a "bunker buster" ribbon.

The requirements are too *&@% much! If we could respawn faster (like MW2) and respawn on our teammates, maybe, MAYBE we could get the 30 or 35 kills IAR with certain weapons. These developers fell in love with the legend of their own game, but it is turning out to be a myth. Less than a month after its release, you can buy a used copy of MAG for $35-$40 online.

It takes around 5-7 minutes to load a Domination game. Unless Zipper Interactive changes the trophy requirements and finds a way to cut down queue loading/respawning time so we can actually PLAY THE GAME INSTEAD OF WAITING, MAG will not last.

Oh, and to all you SVER guys, I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! Ha!

there should be more objective based ribbons like taking the letter objectives in domination and stuff IMO

Yes, a "Take the Alphabet" trophy or something like that. It should also adjust so that you don't have to have a full 128 vs. 128 to start a game. The waiting is so monotonous.

Lets say I get to 60 on my Valor character and delete him and start a new one. Do my stats from teh Valor character roll over to the new guy (meaning some of the lifetime kill medals etc are tracked over any characters) or are they deleted and all stats reset. I know the new character has to be refought through all the levels.

Lets say I get to 60 on my Valor character and delete him and start a new one. Do my stats from teh Valor character roll over to the new guy (meaning some of the lifetime kill medals etc are tracked over any characters) or are they deleted and all stats reset. I know the new character has to be refought through all the levels.

You dont delete it, you start the Veteran mode.