RAVEN Thread

lperron

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for other Ravens to go to battle with. I'm still learning the in and outs of the game, I have a mic and I am on daily for a few hours a night EST. So if you have a mic and wanna play add me PSN: lperron

Trust me id LOVE to join your clan but i havent gotten the game yet unfortunatley:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It seems that everyone in raven sucks bigg

yeah i noticed that; it seems that Raven can't seem to win battles. dunno if it's because the other teams are unintentionally better (easier to defend/better equipment) or if Raven players are just incompetent.

regardless if anyone wants to add me i'd be down have others to play with. I'm currently lvl 10 and my PSN is Vo1cl

Guys I would just like to apologize for Raven losing all the time. You see, I always wind up on the losing team, so I have cursed all the good people of Raven by joining its ranks. :p

Anyway, if any of you guys want to get together and work on getting wins every now and then let me know(say something about MAG/Raven in your message please).

I have a mic and have accidentally won some games as a squad leader, so I would be happy to be squad leader or follow orders, i don't care.

Generally I'm on evenings/weekends EST.

PSN: Raul_Atreides

I find I lose much less when defending than when attacking. Of course, a good squad leader and squad communication makes all the difference in the world. I had a match with a great squad defending a bunker. We won and I had nearly 500 experience out of it, going from level 8 to 10 in one match. Getting pwnd makes for some grueling matches, though.

We filled another bar in acquisition, and now have 2 of the three contracts in acquisition(Yay). Does anyone know what happens if we get all three contracts in a game-type?

I saw this yesterday when we had the 2 contracts and our rewards screen says "+5% leadership range" twice. So I think if we get all three it would just give us +15% leadership range(assuming they stack). This is yet another area of the game that is poorly explained(or not explained at all), so i'm not totally sure.

My followup question to this is: Does this bonus apply to all modes or only to acquisition, since that is what it is listed under?

My followup question to this is: Does this bonus apply to all modes or only to acquisition, since that is what it is listed under?

I am pretty sure it only applies to the game type we have the contracts in. They really need some more incentive, for controlling 2 of the 3 contracts in a game type all we get in an almost unnoticeable adjustment to leadership range. They should have made it an exp bonus i mean it only makes sense more contracts=more $.

I am pretty sure it only applies to the game type we have the contracts in. They really need some more incentive, for controlling 2 of the 3 contracts in a game type all we get in an almost unnoticeable adjustment to leadership range. They should have made it an exp bonus i mean it only makes sense more contracts=more $.

I have heard from some SVER dudes that the contracts for winning domination are 5% xp bonuses, so there is that. But we seem to have a harder time winning domination than the other 2 PMCs.

That makes me wonder what the bonus for sabotage is now...

SOB! I joined RAVEN before checking this site, and have been pwned by SVER ever since.

Currently I am level 18, Medic/Support specialty, and have a mic. But to be honest, I am disappointed by several things with this game and have been playing less lately due to the following:

S-L-O-W respawns that get S-L-O-W-E-R when a blockade is in place

It takes forever to level up and get decent guns/perks (6 hours and I finally have 1 decent loadout)

Lone Ranger teammates with no mics

Squad leaders who ignore the flow of battle and never change FRAGOS, depriving the squad of XP

Medics who ignore teammates bleeding out beside them

Length of time to repair items

Being shot in the back while repairing items because teammates run away

Ridiculous ribbon/medal/trophy requirements

Look at the trophies: 15 sidearm kills in one game twice? 30 kills with an LMG/SMG/Assault rifle/etc. 5 times? 1000 kills for each weapon category in the game X 8 categories? What are these developers thinking? This is really dumb, and it turns me off to this game. You'd have to play around 1000 games to get all these trophies, unless someone has found a way to boost. Oh, and you can only get one ribbon per category per game. Example: The Silver Cross ribbon is 250 healing points in one game. I earned 763 healing points one game, but I only received 1 Silver Cross, not 3. Rip off!

I'll still play for a bit, but this platinum is not worth the effort.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Guys i can't believe i'm saying this but I had the distinct pleasure of being on a team that beat SVER on domination on their own map last night! It was amazing! You know how when we defend we usually get steamrolled within 10 minutes or so? Well that's what we did to them. Man, our leaders were on the ball, we were taking out the AA and leaving dudes to guard it for the whole match, all their bunkers were down in 5 minutes, it was great.

Of course, the next match, same map, we never made it past their bunkers, but oh well.

I also had the most pathetic squad leader last night on an acquisition match. We were attacking valor, and methodically blowing up bunkers. We get to the third bunker and i move in to plant on it and get shot in the back by my own squad leader so he could plant it. I assume he was trying for the "blow up 3 bunkers" ribbon, but I was glad when they killed him and defused it. That is not how you lead a squad.

Anyway i'll add some of you guys who posted lately.

Poetic_justice_ I agree with all your complaints, but to me this game is so awesome when you have guys that work together, that i forgive it for all its flaws.

I also had the most pathetic squad leader last night. I got shot in the back by my own squad leader so he could get the "blow up 3 bunkers" ribbon.

Poetic_justice_ I agree with all your complaints, but to me this game is so awesome when you have guys that work together, that i forgive it for all its flaws.

Yeah, if people work together! But that kind of thinking - "shoot my own squad in the back for a ribbon" - is what is ruining so many games. SVER isn't composed of 100% superstar players, but they work together, and that's why they are dominating the Shadow War. I've seen SVER guys in crappy sniping positions, but because they provide crossfire for each other, even if one goes down a teammate revives him. In contrast, about 1/4-1/3 of RAVEN hide in the back and try to snipe the whole game, leaving everyone else to do the work.

Sorry, peeps, but I am selling my copy of MAG and playing MW2 till BFBC2 comes out next month. This is not worth it. Don't add me. :mad:

Edited by poetic_justice_
I accidentally farted, turning my declarative statement into an interjective punctuation. Sorry. It won't happen again!

hey RAVEN dudes....... keep up with the program!! everytime we SVER go up against you guys, you lose 98% of the time!

well as part of SVER community, i wanna issue a friendly challenge to all RAVEN reading this post, to work together as a team & get better results........

i was actually a RAVEN on the BETA. but once you go SVER, you cant go back!!

The maps are unbalanced - the medals are time consuming - the ribbons need to be concentrate on.

But all over this isn't a hard game/platinum. I mean, sure, Raven is going to be spanked nearly every match. Winquote in Sabotage is maybe 25% - in Domination just 10% or something - but Raven rules in Acquisition with a winquote around 85% or something, at least we are able to reach max store as first to get the contract of the worsest faction.

But even if we have the worsest maps - and maybe Valor and SVER being non plus ultra in communication and teamwork (dunno) I also played a few domination games which we won (on our defend-map but also attacks on Valor and SVER).

And honestly, if you realize that one person in your own squad plays real selfish (like shooting down the squad or other people on your side) just for getting a bit more XP (a bunker can bring up to 100+ XP) - start to vote him out. If you have a mic, say your squad what he has done that they shall vote too.

And honestly, if you realize that one person in your own squad plays real selfish (like shooting down the squad or other people on your side) just for getting a bit more XP (a bunker can bring up to 100+ XP) - start to vote him out. If you have a mic, say your squad what he has done that they shall vote too.

If you are referring to my story, I appreciate your suggestion, and that's what I did! but nobody else in my squad with mics spoke english so they either didn't understand me or didn't care, and I was the only one to vote to kick the guy.

Anyway, I played a bunch of sabotage last night and we won most of them, it was awesome. Everybody had medkits and covered each other and we rarely had to respawn back at the base. Crazy thing was, i was the only one with a mic. But these dudes knew teamwork.

Also, a question. Has anyone actually played domination on the valor map yet? I've played for 34ish hours and have yet to see it.

EDIT: I play domination quite a bit and if i never have to attack SVER on the "C and D" front again, i'll be happy.

Edited by Raul_Atreides