Just got the game, how dead is the online? Should I even attempt the plat?

Da-Hedgie

The (P) is just about possible but the 100% is near impossible if you don't boost as most of the modes you need for the DLC trophies are dead or nearly dead. If you intend to try for the (P) then follow the guide to the letter.

Okays, thanks for the info. Is it very difficult to boost in this game? By that I mean the two kind, the "need to gather a large amount of people for a boosting party" and the "Need to be hopeful to be matched up against the other boost party" issues other games has.

And, urm, most importantly, how many people are needed for the DLC trophies boost?

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

It's a fun game if you're into competitive FPS mulitplayer games, but it's quite a bit of work. If you have you have friends to play along with you, that would be a good. It might take you 10-20 hours of playing before you really start to understand the game. Also, I'm not sure how active the online community is because I played it about a year and a half ago. I do remember that certain matche types for the dlc can take awhile to start. When you do get into one of those games, be sure to make the most of them. As far as boosting goes, I don't think it's possible with this game. If it is, you'd probably need a huge group of players. If you decide to go for the platinum, enjoy and good luck!

Edited by PrinceOfPeace

hey sorry for the late reply.

the platinum IS still possible but it will take along time to get.

as for the community its still pretty active and theres always games going on, the only game type thats dead is domination but you can get platinum without playing that game mode.

its mainly about how much time you put into it and how lucky you get in your games, for example ive been trying to get the 3 bunker buster ribbons since i got the game and had no luck, but last night i ended up getting my first 2 ribbons after 140 hours of playtime :dance:. also it takes about 40 hours each team to get to level 60, so if your serious about the platinum then you've got to have alot of determination.

• 4 weeks later...

Boosting is near impossible...Even if you had one other partner on an opposing faction, the time it would take to meet up on a map wouldn't be worth it...Once you understand the game mechanics and the abilities it will come much easier to you...It's a really great FPS MP, and if you have the patience its well worth the time

• 1 month later...

having platted this game recently, i would say go for it if you enjoy playing FPS games over and over, but it does take determination and at some points sheer patience, if you can get the DLC i would recommend it as it can shave tonnes of time off the plat, but overal just enjoy the game

• 3 weeks later...
to be honest i still think its an awesome game, but is slowly declining in player numbers

I 2nd that. There were so many damn players online when this game 1st came out it was crazy you'd have to make sure you had your party together & stayed together in the game, otherwise you'd lose each other. Now a days you could not ever be in the same party & probably end up in the same game & find each other easy. The only game types I've seen that are really active are Sabotage & Acquisition. As for the others you'd have to have some kind of schedule you can arrange with a ton of people that would all agree to get on around the same time & day to play those other games. As for the DLC though I haven't bought it yet but, probably will sometime within the next few months.

Edited by BlackDarkness
missing words