Who else agrees this game is GREAT!?

chewbacon

I rented this game (as I wasnt sure it wouldnt suck giant donkey balls) & I must say it is a FANTASTIC game!! I have had more fun with this game than I have had with any of the more recent games in a LONG TIME! The game has a good trophy list with no CRAZY HARD trophys that u just want to give up the game because of. Its got a fun collectable set & fair amount of challanging trophies that I find to be fun. I find this game to be very enjoyable:applause:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird as this may sound, I found it short and had a lack of things to do.

There was no freedom to do other things or really establish yourself as a true mobster. Story was great and the gameplay was nothing short of fantastic, but it lacked that real excitement. Since my platinum it hasn't been touched.

I have to admit i bought the collector's edition of this game as an impulse buy without trying the demo first.

But i think the game is fantastic, it's like playing GTA all over again and i'm really enjoying it. I've finished the story on hard so i'm just getting the wanted posters and a few other trophies but i'm still having fun playing the game.

A lot of people will inevitably use the excuse that Mafia 2 has a tiny game world, but you really cant discount the general quality and depth.

You get a terrific feel for the time period of the game, a real immersion into the 40's and 50's, with the cars, clothes and language all a throw back to your grandpap's hayday. The characters are interesting superbly portrayed, the game world is beautifully detailed and the game runs so smoothly.

The storyline is well paced although there is a noticable lack of side-missions. With DLC out now and some new stuff announced, i must say im hugely glad i got this game.

Overall, it feels stylish and crisp. How a game should feel.

• 2 weeks later...

To me this game sucks! The chapters are to short one mission then off to bed, maybe 2 missions if you've been a good boy lol

And the cut scenes are good to watch but if you like gangster videos just watch The Godfather! And dont even get me started on the wanted posters...! This game was a let down for me :think:

• 4 months later...

At first I thought it was great too, but then I realised there was nothing to do besides the main-missions. That sucks, especially when the game states that you can come back to Bruski and get missions.

I really liked the story and the enviroment, but I feel like the devs should have made this into a linear mission structure like Uncharted. It would have saved them allot of time and the final product would have been more or less the same.

I think the people who criticise this game are expecting a GTA experience when they play it, but thats not at all what it is or what it was ever marketed to be. It's a linear game - and lets face it there are more of them out there than anything else!

I think it's a very good game which revived an old franchise and has a very cinematic feel to it. I loved the original too - just not the lengthy install on Windows 98! :p

Question for any players of the original - have you noticed any of the subtle nods to the original in Mafia II? Like the "classic" radio station playing the driving music from M1 and the M1 cars at the scrapyard?

I think the people who criticise this game are expecting a GTA experience when they play it, but thats not at all what it is or what it was ever marketed to be. It's a linear game - and lets face it there are more of them out there than anything else!

I think it's a very good game which revived an old franchise and has a very cinematic feel to it. I loved the original too - just not the lengthy install on Windows 98! :p

Question for any players of the original - have you noticed any of the subtle nods to the original in Mafia II? Like the "classic" radio station playing the driving music from M1 and the M1 cars at the scrapyard?

I love it when a game has refrences to an old installment! Like the GTA series before GTA IV (GREAT graphics, I hated the story though:thumbsdown:) Like in san andreas or vice city:)

i have actuallly Reiviewed this game so you can checkout my opinion in this text Quote:

Mafia 2 Review: in Mafia 2 you play as Vito Scalleta born in sicily in 1925 he was grown up to a poor family a few years after Vito and his family move to Empire Bay and after learning about his father being in massive dept he joins the Mafia to make money but soon the consequences of his actions start to show and he gets caught up in a few complicated affairs i wont say any thever since the game is heavily story orientated and has a fantastic story to concidence with the Gameplay

Melee Attacks Blocking and Countering are all Easy to perform you can run up behind an unsuspecting enemy and simply strangle him to the ground or kick him off a building the Fighting Mechanics work Really well as the enemies React in the same way that you do and take advantage of your previous moves

shooting is also easy to perform pull a headshot on an enemy running up infront of you and chain kills together the outcome is really satisfying and whatever you do always check the roof for hidden enemies you can easily move from cover to cover and kill enemies from there my only complaint about this is that you can't blindfire even though your enemies can

the missions are really varied and will range from you Secretly infiltrating a Mesuem to obtain illegal Ration Stamps pretending to be window cleaners or simply being put in jail and learning how to fight

the story is really good with lots of twists and a thrilling story to go through how ever not everything is topsy-tervy there's no side missions or other quests to complete meaning the only missions you'll get is the story missions you can make phone calls from phone booths eat at diners to replenish health or buy guns and clothing from various stores or sell high-end cars to Derek or crush Cars for money at Bruski's Scrapyard however health can Replenish in a matter of seconds even on the hardest difficulty clothing is only neccesary if you want to lose you wanted rating and you most likely won't need guns because the game supplies you with plenty of ammo so keeping that in mind you won't need alot of money

you can Gain Wanted Stars by doing crimes like lockpicking cars or breaking into them when police are around crashing or speeding (yes there is a speed limit in this game) these wanted levels can be Vanished by either Shaking the cops or bribing them through money when your car is running out of petrol the game prompts you to buy petrol at Gas Stations there is hardly anything else to do in the game then focus on the story missions because of these problems which is a shame for a huge open area space they could of done more with the game

i've also encountered a few bugs and glitches were i was fighting someone and my punches went through his body but didn't hit him the police system feels very un-balanced since sometimes i could be speeding at 80MPH but still not be caught or have the cops chasing me other times i was sticking to the speed light and the opposite happened

the collectibles consist of 50 Playboy Magazines and 157 Wanted posters both are really boring to collect and the game gives you no incentive to do so either other the trophies tied to them

lastly there is no free roam so you'll have to do everything you wanted to do in 1 playthrough or select to continue the game from a previous chapter which Erases current Gamesaves on Mafia 2 but doesnt effect Collectibles Found

heres the link to my review: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/63805-my-reviews-3.html#post1517610

i just love this game i hope a add-on is coming out which uncovers whats happening after the end

Nuts to that.... lets have a Mafia III!:dance: The story could explain how Vito dealt with his friends death & maybe he could be a little older.... I like the 70's for the time frame. Mostly for the cars you would drive....:think: