wanted posters

dda1996a

• 2 months later...

Doing them right now, the only trophy I need for the plat though I still have a long way to go for 100%.

I loaded up Chapter 13 for a few reasons:

I have good fast sports coupes

I have US$52,000, not that I really need it (it's money to pay Bruno actually)

It's a bright sunny day (tried loading up Chapter 15 but the weather is gloomy and it's raining hard)

I have Joe as a companion, though most of the time he is a dick and starts shooting cops and people for no reason. It's a bit fun to hear voices talking to each other as you go poster hunting. Less boring...

I'm still at the early stages (poster 36 so far) but I see myself surviving this without much to complain about.

----

Using the map in this guide and I'm searching for them in sequence. It's a lot better than taking whatever is in the area together. At least I would be able to keep track where to continue by just looking at the number of posters discovered in the stats. It would surely be problematic to do this erratically as it is very easy to lose track on which one still need to be discovered.

Edited by Naps

... Just wait till you get to the poster that's on a roof next to the highway, you'll complain then. ;) ...

... Why not use the video guide? Wouldn't that be easier?

I did it at chapter 15, so I could complete the 50 miles as well. The rain didn't bother me much.

I have read about that somewhere though I didn't give much thought about it yet for fear that it might put me off! Eventually I'll get over this "honeymoon" stage and start to do what I do best... complain! LOL

I'll research some more about that. Maybe even try to get it out of the way. It is also most likely that I'm going to load up different chapters just to keep me going.

I loaded up chapter 10. Loads of money, and no stupid partners...

Also I just followed the videoguides in the trophyguide. Did around 2 videos/60 posters a day. Fuck it was boring. Most pointles trophy in a looooong time! :mad:

This game has two more pointless trophies in the DLC and I'm preparing my self for that (1,000 miles and 1,000,000 points DLC trophies). But yeah, it is super pointless IN FACT I see it as a selfish-self-gloating-ego-trip act by the staff and developers at 2K Czech studio to "immortalise" themselves in the game. If they wanted the whole world to know who was behind the game, they should have made them easy to find. I took a break at poster 43 and all I can say is that there is no way you will stumble across them by accident. They are hidden in such a way that you would have to scour every corner, nook and cranny to find them. It would have been a tad pleasant if they were "mags" instead! JK!

As for the video guides, since I'm still enjoying it a bit (not really gone far into them yet) I thought of giving it a bit of a challenge added with the element of surprise of having to find them yourself. Though the map does show the area of location, having to discover them on your own gives you a bit of a buzz... Well I can't say for sure if I'd have the same feeling when I still have about 100 posters to go... so far... it's okay...

Edited by Naps

I have read about that somewhere though I didn't give much thought about it yet for fear that it might put me off! Eventually I'll get over this "honeymoon" stage and start to do what I do best... complain! LOL

I'll research some more about that. Maybe even try to get it out of the way. It is also most likely that I'm going to load up different chapters just to keep me going.

Maybe you're lucky and get it in 1 go. It took me about 25 tries and 3 deaths to get it. The things I do for a stupid trophy...

oh no i forgot about this trophy. how long does it take roughly

It takes a long time. I did it all in 1 go (NOT recommended) and took me about 3 or 4 hours I think. Most are easy to get, but 1 took me about 30 minutes.

That site went offline just before Christmas and no longer works, this site still does however: Mafia II | Interactive Hidden Item Map! :).

Thanks for that :) I'm doing a clean-up run but will leave the posters as the last thing.

Really weird how you can't just free-roam after you beat the story. Pretty much every open-world game I've played let you free-roam after beating the game (even if it makes no sense in the context). I remember doing my first collectibles trophy for AC2 with nothing but a map w/ feather locations and the good old MS Paint :rofl:

Maybe you're lucky and get it in 1 go. It took me about 25 tries and 3 deaths to get it. The things I do for a stupid trophy...

I think I know what you guys were talking about "the most annoying of all posters"...

[spoiler=ID]It's that poster next to Joe's house and only accessible via the freeway, driving through the (second) barrier and landing on the roof - technique

I got it on my 5th try driving a Supercharged Smith Thunderbolt. I referred to a video guide which was probably why I got it with less retries. I'm on poster #100 and thought of giving it a break for a while - now playing Joe's Adventures.

All I can say is that with the location of most of these posters being "out of the way" - they're deliberately meant to give the player grief! LOL I don't think finding all of them without a guide would be possible, unless of course you search every inch of the map. But who does that sort of thing? It's not the idea of playing for fun...

2K Czech peeps where probably high on drugs when they thought of doing the collectibles that way. Considering it's 159 of their faces... but if they were the "mags"... well... you know what I mean... LOL

Edited by Naps

I think I know what you guys were talking about "the most annoying of all posters"...

[spoiler=ID]It's that poster next to Joe's house and only accessible via the freeway, driving through the (second) barrier and landing on the roof - technique

I got it on my 5th try driving a Supercharged Smith Thunderbolt. I referred to a video guide which was probably why I got it with less retries. I'm on poster #100 and thought of giving it a break for a while - now playing Joe's Adventures.

All I can say is that with the location of most of these posters being "out of the way" - they're deliberately meant to give the player grief! LOL I don't think finding all of them without a guide would be possible, unless of course you search every of the map. But who does that sort of thing? It's not the idea of playing for fun...

2K Czech peeps where probably high on drugs when they thought of doing the collectibles that way. Considering it's 159 of their faces... but if they were the "mags"... well... you know what I mean... LOL

That's the poster I was talking about. It's so hard to land exactly right, because it's very easy to fly over. Hitting the small wall doesn't help much either, because it'll most likely result in death.

Now I feel stupid for thinking they were real mugshots of criminals...

They should have switched the magazines and posters around. I wouldn't mind trying to find 159 playboy posters. :D

I haven't collected any of them yet, but now I've completed the game when I reload a chapter a start collecting them does it save after each one I collect or do I have to hit one of the save points by advancing the mission?

The saving in this game really bugs me!!

I haven't collected any of them yet, but now I've completed the game when I reload a chapter a start collecting them does it save after each one I collect or do I have to hit one of the save points by advancing the mission?

The saving in this game really bugs me!!

Yup! As soon as you've collected one, you can quit or do whatever :)

This is the first game where I would tell anybody who plays it to completely forget about the collectibles (wanted posters) until you have a guide to follow.

Even GTA IV's pigeons and INFAMOUS' blast shards are technically doable as you venture through the game, but MAFIA II's were clearly designed for a free-roam that never was. There's no way to just stumble upon them without specifically going out of your way to search for them. To be honest, they really should have removed them and just left us with the Playboy mags.

Even GTA IV's pigeons and INFAMOUS' blast shards are technically doable as you venture through the game, but MAFIA II's were clearly designed for a free-roam that never was. There's no way to just stumble upon them without specifically going out of your way to search for them. To be honest, they really should have removed them and just left us with the Playboy mags.

I'm for the Playboy mags... which BTW the Joe's Adventure DLC adds more LOL but no trophy for it so no need to worry about them...

I was okay with Infamous Blast Shards/Pigeons since we have a "shard finder" for that... Can't comment about the GTA pigeons but a friend told me it was annoying as hell...

As for the wanted posters... truly pointless... had they included a reward for finding them PLUS place them on a semi-obvious location - it would have added a bit of incentive to the game.... but placing them on chimneys... inside the 4th floor corridor of an estate... behind hidden walls... it's just plain crazy!

Anyhoo... just 59 to go... should get the plat soon... and to whoever made the "collections" map -a big big big thanks to you!

Edited by Naps

I'm for the Playboy mags... which BTW the Joe's Adventure DLC adds more LOL but no trophy for it so no need to worry about them...

I was okay with Infamous Blast Shards/Pigeons since we have a "shard finder" for that... Can't comment about the GTA pigeons but a friend told me it was annoying as hell...

As for the wanted posters... truly pointless... had they added a reward for finding them PLUS place them on a semi-obvious place - it would have added a bit of incentive to the game.... but placing them on chimneys... inside the 4th floor corridor of an estate... behind hidden walls... it's just plain crazy!

Anyhoo... just 59 to go... should get the plat soon... and to whoever made the "collections" map -a big big big thanks to you!

The blast shards are only so notorious because of the bugs with the radar ping system. Otherwise they're pretty straightforward, there's just a lot of them is all. Similarly, there are a lot of the pigeons in GTA but due to the style of the game, they're really not crazy-hard to actually seek out.

The wanted posters are a totally different kettle of fish. Good luck with them. :)

The wanted posters are a totally different kettle of fish. Good luck with them. :)

Well I just went for 10 more since my last posting (finished Joe's Adventure first to "freshen up" the drive to find the posters) and all I can say is that I'm already getting sick of them... just 49 to go - keep telling myself that. Probably going to save ONE poster and get it once I have finished Jimmy's Vendetta. But knowing how a couple of "bronzes" are even crazier over there, my plat may take a while... I'll go for 10 posters then get a break. Shame, had the posters been accessible in the DLCs - particularly Jimmy's Vendetta - driving around to find them would have made the 1,000 miles trophy worthwhile...

• 5 months later...

Just getting these wanted posters then i have the platinum.

I found a great guide on gamesradar that makes this easy as there is an in game map image for each poster. Set a waypoint for the poster and they have been easy to find so far.

http://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-2-wanted-poster-guide/

Edited by KevinPorter

• 6 months later...