WHHYYY?!?!? I'm about to punch my PS!

RauCHeN ToKEN

I don't know why, but after I drop off the money to the loan shark in chapter 14 and it loads after the cut scene the loading screen stays on but I can hear traffic and everything. the game isn't frozen becasue I can still quit the game through my controller but it wont load the whole way!

This is my third try now. The first time it happened I quit and restarted and tried to skip the cutscene. Same thing happened. second time I took the game out and cleaned off what little smudges were on it and let the cut scene play through. same thing happened!

Anyone have anything similar happen or have any ideas on what to do? Or am I pretty much screwed? I'm so close to platting... I can't believe it's doing this!

noob question, but how do I go about uninstalling the game data and not the save data? Is that the data utility device under game on the XMB?

In the XMB go to the GAME DATA (top option in the Games category). That is the game data installed in the PS3 hard disk. Delete that. Don't delete the save data which is your game progress and is two options above your trophy collection in the same category.

Just tried that and still nothing. this wouldnt upset me that much except it"s my second playthrough and I need 3 more trophies for plat!

edit: I was thinking about getting a new game (which sucks to spend the money after I already spent the money). But I'm afraid that it's version 1.03 that's messed up and not the actual disk, as the actual disk looks brand new and that the same thing would occur.

Edited by RauCHeN ToKEN

Just tried that and still nothing. this wouldnt upset me that much except it"s my second playthrough and I need 3 more trophies for plat!

edit: I was thinking about getting a new game (which sucks to spend the money after I already spent the money). But I'm afraid that it's version 1.03 that's messed up and not the actual disk, as the actual disk looks brand new and that the same thing would occur.

Sorry it didn't solve your problem. After having a quick google search o#ve heard people say that it's how you earned the money to pay the loan shark that can crash the game.

Hey! I was having the same problem and here is how I managed to pass this loading screen. When you have to collect 27 500$, don't rob stores... Only use Bruski's car crusher. Hope it will do the trick for you to.

Found in: Chapter 14 glitch (spoilers) - Mafia II - GameSpot Forums

You might want to have a go at what some people suggest in that thread. Such as starting in chapter 14 and only making the money you need using the car crusher.

Not really the same situation as you, but I did run into this game freezing glitch in the final chapter as well. When you're heading down a spiral staircase in a museum I think (its been a while so I don't recall) where the game would constantly freeze at that very same spot. There was no way for me to continue, except restarting my PS3. Deleting Game Data didn't work, so I had to exchange it for a new disc instead.

well, after reading the gamespot forum about this that evilkuja so kindly found for me, it says that it glitches depending on how you get the money for the loan shark (ie. robbing stores, or taking cars to the crusher.) I robbed stores and took cars to the crusher, but I believe I robbed stores last.

So HOPEFULLY when I start the game up here in a few minutes and I take the car to the crusher quick maybe it will help with the glitch... probably not but I can pray can't I? Also gonna do a quick clean of the disk too. wish me luck fellas!

edit: I got off work around 9 and went to the bar. Got home and put this in and...well...got to the part I dreaded (where you have to beat derek) I hate this part. The whole reason I was dreading starting chapter 14 over. Well, I just beat him. So I will let you guys know in about 10 minutes if not robbing stores and just using the car crusher works.

edit 2: ha. sorry. it wont be 10 minutes because I forgot about all the bullshit you have to go through AFTER you kill derek. If the loan shark cut scene doesn't work after this I won't punt my ps3... but I sure as hell will break this disk into more pieces than there is sand on the east coast.

I'll update ASAP

edit 3: Something I just realized... After you kill derek in chapter 14 and you get to the part where you are on the rooftop with joe. After you get down the steps and you have to press L1 to jump over the baracade... joe glitched there. He couldnt jump over it (the room after you get the magnum) I remember trying to get him over the ledge..trying to push him and whatever I could do but he wouldn't go over it. He went over it this time, and I bet my load screen will work later to. I bet this is a sign... hope this well help someone recognize this spot if they glitch too.

more to come!!

edit 4: evilkuja!..I could kiss you right now dude!!! After I paid back the loan shark chapter 15 loaded! It took awhile, and my heart skipped a couple beats but it happened!! :D :D my phones ringin' gotta go plat this :D thanks all for the help!! you have no idea how happy I am right now!!

edit 5: just picked up the first playboy magazine of chater 15 when you break through the baracade inside the museum. again..can't thank you enough evilkuja

Edited by RauCHeN ToKEN

• 2 months later...

This had me SUPER pissed too man!! hang tight I was able to finally get it to work, and get my mafia 2 plat. The way i got it to work was when it says rob stores or sell cars at bruski's... DO NOT ROB ANY STORES, who knows why but robbing even one store causes the cutscene to glitch... you think that after the massive amounts of complaints they've recieved they'd maybe release an update fixing the bug, but of course not.... just sell cars at bruski's until it tells you to go give the money. when that happens drive there CAREFULLY and do not die driving or attract cops because they tend to cause the door cut scene to glitch and not start.

good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Question: Do you have the Special edition??

It is well known now that the special edition (the dons edition i believe) is glitched at ch. 14.. Only the regular version of the game can b fully beat...

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/21/Benji-3008.png

My (P)'s: Modern warfare 2 and 3,, Mafia 2,, Godfather 2,, Wolverine,, Big game hunter 2010,, and a few more...:D

Kicking Ass and Taking Names :uzi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for making this thread, I have almost the same problem.

The door to the loan shark wont open, the game has been telling me to return to Falcon as long as I had to buy new clothes because dirtying myself in the sewer. I thought to go there and return to Bruno after that but when I went in, Eddy-cutscene started and he told me to go to Giuseppe. I went there but no cutscene. I went to Bruno but no interactive door.

Now I know I shouldnt rob stores. First playthrough back in 2010 worked fine (robbing) but maybe PS Slim has something to do with it? :(

Thanks for making this thread, I have almost the same problem.

The door to the loan shark wont open, the game has been telling me to return to Falcon as long as I had to buy new clothes because dirtying myself in the sewer. I thought to go there and return to Bruno after that but when I went in, Eddy-cutscene started and he told me to go to Giuseppe. I went there but no cutscene. I went to Bruno but no interactive door.

Now I know I shouldnt rob stores. First playthrough back in 2010 worked fine (robbing) but maybe PS Slim has something to do with it? :(

What you have to do is replay the chapter and after you have been taken to the construction site and join up with joe you need to move as quickly as possible through the rest of the mission. and i really mean just keep moving and don't stop until you're through that door. it worked for me, seemed like the game was meant to have a timer but it was removed except it still blocks that part of the chapter, you know what i mean? i hope that helps.

Thanks but I managed to complete the mission and the game now. I had this funny and weird glitch when I was stealthily takedowning the first guy after Joe took care of the first. I grabbed him and we both went down through the floorl slowly. I finished strangling him mid-air and fell to the floor below.

This led me to the next checkpoint without killing the top floor goons and Joe was left behind too. I got out of the house without him just fine and didnt rob stores and got happily through the door. :D

Welcome to the site, zarda1. I guess I did the mission a lot faster because I skipped all the cutscenes and just ran through as I had done it once (twice actually) before.