What the hell is with this ridiculous game?

Jester695

Ok, not only are the races soooo rigged (we all already know that....how many times are you cruising to the finish line with a big lead, only to get hit with 4 items back-to-back-to-back-to-back so that every CPU driver can fly by you).....but what is up with the sideswiping?

No matter what character/vehicle I am driving, as soon as any CPU driver touches me in the slightest......I either go flying off the track or start spinning uncontrollably or slam into the wall so hard that I come to a dead stop.

But then on the other hand, if I knock into any CPU driver (no matter which character I am...lighter...heavier...anything), nothing happens to them. They just keep on going, course unchanged as if they are glued to the road....and I (again) am the one who gets thrown violently off track. Every single time, no exceptions.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaake, awwwwwwwwful game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
trophy whores might think this is just another easy plat because the game is geared towards kids. but that isnt the case at all. the games AI is on fucking par with the burnout series comeback AI. winning is honestly pure luck.

ive had the game over a year now and still dont have the plat.

The last few levels of difficulty are not for kids! I never could figure out the drift-constantly trick, so I needed some luck to win the final cups. Just need to nag a friend to get the plat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To everyone who likes Kart racers but not this game, I heartily endorse Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. The game is significantly more accessible than MadKarts and you can beat the AI on all the easy settings. The tracks and drifting physics are much more forgiving. The missions (specific task within an event) are the most difficult, but it's not the crazy random difficult of 200cc on MadKarts.

EDIT: you also have the option to turn on/off the Rubberband effect in the AI.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my original black controllers was lost to this game. It is very frustrating. It took a little while to get the plat, but if i can do it...anyone can! I suck at racing games and managed to beat this one. Not without throwing my controller after racing against the smartest, most accurate, cheatenest, fastest, and down right dispicable AI that I have ever encountered. Not an easy plat, but damn, if you get it...might be up there with Battlefield and GTA4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...