Time Trials

r3ckl3ss83

ok just got the platnium... (P) :) i did the foosa rocks time trial with julien... the trick is to hold the drift (L2) even when u get out of a turn you can still kinda control your guy to keep driving straight or any wich way u want.. you just have to master the controls... this way u get a lot more boost power because you keep holding drift after you get out of a turn for even 2 more seconds it helps a lot !!! and as for the 5 Stunt Flyer trophy, i did that one on freighter on the crane jump. also with julien. you jus have to time a good jump before you fly off so u can squeeze one more trick in there.. i also didnt do 1 trick 5 times. i used all tricks.. i did up, right, down, left, up... clockwise on the d-pad and i squeezed them all in.. hope this helps you guys a lil cuz this game can get real frusturating real quick

• 2 weeks later...

So, I literally spent hours trying to beat the time trial for Shrek's Swamp. In the end, I finally got it by under half a second. I looked at the leaderboards and there are times that are under by over 6 seconds. How the hell did you guys do this?! Was there some trick that I just wasn't getting? I was power sliding all the time and making tight corners, but I still never even came close to the times that are being posted. Oh well, since I've got it, I'm not too concerned, but I am curious.

I was having a lot of trouble with Foosa Rocks and Shrek Swamp, then I switched to Melman who has max turbo and I got them both on my first try. You can fill up the whole turbo in a few seconds of sliding. I WISH I knew how much easier that makes things!

Also I found the 200cc races a pain but switching to Marty (instead of Shrek) made it much easier.

I was having a lot of trouble with Foosa Rocks and Shrek Swamp, then I switched to Melman who has max turbo and I got them both on my first try. You can fill up the whole turbo in a few seconds of sliding. I WISH I knew how much easier that makes things!

Also I found the 200cc races a pain but switching to Marty (instead of Shrek) made it much easier.

That would have been good to know, but still all the top times are posted with Shrek. I'm still thoroughly confused at how they did this. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I have raced Shreck Swamp 200cc lliterally at least 40 times. I'm starting to want to give up (being 1-2 seconds off that many times is starting to get boring). I told myself after I was 2 seconds off the first two tries that that's fine, if you have to race this one race over 20 times then that's a waste a time and not worth it for one trophy, and here I am at 40 tries and over an hour on one track.... But yet I go and do Volcano 200cc and I get the trophy with 3 seconds to spare on my 1st try. Does anyone have any tips for Shreck Swamp? I've used Shreck, Melman, and Julien multiple times and all 3 get the exact same times. And I've gone without hitting any logs and stuff.

Edit: I finally did it. I watched a youtube video for Foosa Rocks and used Julien like they did, he less grip than Shrek and he slides alot better because of that which is better for getting boost around corners, and I used him on Shrek Swamp too. On Shrek Swamp I tried to make sure I had boost ready for the long spot with water puddles since you drive slow over that. I only beat that with about .20 seconds left though.

Edited by Lil_Mermaid_Girl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently have #1 in the world on all time trials, and over 1/4 of checkpoint races (ID Conceptfly). It really doesn't matter which character you use to beat the golds, if you can keep boost for the entire race. There are some races that I am almost 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place on, and I think the difference is that I don't make any mistakes and I keep the boost going from start to finish. Get good at drifting! Any questions, ask.

Hold down X the entire time, and never stop drifting. So press left and upward while holding X and the gas (R2) and the drift (hold L2) until you want to or need to drift right. Then let go of L2 (without letting go of x or r2), press right and up (or more directly over for a sharper turn) while re-pressing L2. Does that make sense?

COD WAW is easy compared to these races and time trials. This game is beyond frustrating. I dont know how to control using turbo and power sliding the entire race. It seems pretty difficult for a so called easy platinum.

They are actually easy with the method I described above. I figured this out after noticing that my original times were still 10 seconds away from 1st place (at the time), and as you can tell from the leaderboards I now own all of the time trial records, many of them around 20 seconds faster than what is needed for the gold. Just work on drifting.

Hold down X the entire time, and never stop drifting. So press left and upward while holding X and the gas (R2) and the drift (hold L2) until you want to or need to drift right. Then let go of L2 (without letting go of x or r2), press right and up (or more directly over for a sharper turn) while re-pressing L2. Does that make sense?

It makes sense. I will try this out sometime this week and report the results. I've lost a controller over this game already, if this doesn't work, I'll let it go for awhile and get busy on something else. Thanks for the tip though, I appreciate the help!

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/co/l/collector100/card.png

It makes sense. I will try this out sometime this week and report the results. I've lost a controller over this game already, if this doesn't work, I'll let it go for awhile and get busy on something else. Thanks for the tip though, I appreciate the help!

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/co/l/collector100/card.png

I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Thanks J-Range for breaking it down for me havent had a chance to get back to this game yet but definately want to dominate this game:)