Rate the trophy difficulty...  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.11

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'd give it a 4. I would have given it a two if it wasn't for a few of the time trials and the 200cc championship. You just need to get lucky for the most part and hope that when your in first someone doesn't use a pick-up to knock you out. Overall time plat around 6-8 hours assuming you can knock out the championships quickly.

I agree with Hakoom but I gave it a 5 even though I had alot of trouble with two time trials (Shrek Swamp and Foosa Rocks). Also 200cc is more like luck than skill, just hoping you don't get hit by too many weapons during the second half of the last lap on each race. Every other trophy is very easy, including the 5 trick trophy. I got that on my 2nd try on Mothership level.

• 2 weeks later...
6/10

sure it can be platinumed in 10hours or less

but it isnt a walk in the park platinum

I still rated a 3/10. Funny enough Mario Kart SNES and Wii have a fair AI.

But this game can go up to 6/10 real easily in 200CC. Just try not to make a mistake and hope you still finish 1st is all I can say.

The AI definitely does cheat if you attempt to get too far of a lead anywhere. I know several times where I was attacked 4-5 times on a row in the second half of races when up front. Its like the AI knows its got no chance and throws every possible wrench at you. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Voted 4, but could've easily gone higher. The AI is nearly impossible, and always faster than you. You MUST have another controller and player to complete the MP trophies (as in "Split Screen", not online). And the races are honestly not nearly as easy as you might assume out of a "kid's game".

That said, I got the platinum in less than 8 hours, and never really had to retry anything more than a few times.

I would give this a 1 if it weren't for the multiplayer trophies. Luckily once you find a friend to do it with they are really easy to get, since the time accumulates for both of you at once. The races are difficult until you realize that boosting while powersliding gives you more boost, making it almost impossible to lose any of the races if you get good at powersliding. The time trials are all easy once you figure out the powersliding boost thing, as most of my times are 20 seconds or more under the gold. The five trick thing is easy on the mothership IF you jump before the blue lift thing and start doing your first trick into it (it would normally wreck you, but not here), and continue pressing in a different direction with the analog stick right after each trick starts.

Overall this game is a 2, where if you don't know about the powersliding boost trick it could feel like an 8. I platinumed it in one day (didn't pay attention to hours).

My online ID - Conceptfly -- #1 in the world on all time trials and almost 1/2 of checkpoint races.

I rate this a 5 or 6. The Shrek Swamp took me over 2 hours until I realized you can just powerslide on a straightaway and it helps tremendously. Once you master sliding the game really is ten times easier. The other time trials were easy for me and the big jump I got on my 3rd try by going forward then back over and over til it popped. Not the easiest plat for a kids game but not that hard after you spend some time with the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the Platinum took me 5 hrs to get the 200cc Championship trophy which is the only hard one to get along with Shrek Swamp Time trial.

Found the best karts for 200 cc were

Plane Wreck Championship : Play as Bob

Rocks/ Vocano : Play as Melman

Shrek : Play as Julien

and to do Shrek Swamp play as Bob..spent ages shaving 0.67 secs of time to get this one.

Also to get the stunt trophies on Freightliner, Plane Wreck and 5 stunt jump if you get a freaky Flare and use it just before the jump/ boost panel to get extra height and extra time in the air which helps greatly and allowed me to blitz all 3 of these easily

The Multiplayer trophies were quite easy if your a good driver and able to help your partner out and keep boosting the time to help them if they're not as competent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is not as easy as people are rating it. The time trials are difficult. For me, this is at least a 6/10.

Edit: Ok, I take it back. I played this last night and actually put some effort into the time trials, and used drifting. I beat them all in a few tries. The most challenging thing was the 200cc trophy, but that also took a few tries. Now I just need two of the multiplayer checkpoint trophies. I'm downgrading my rating to 3/10.

Edited by Miguel_Zorro

I am playing ths occasionally (30 mins at a time, and not every day) and it provides some problems if I am completely honest. Especially the time trial on the hills is crazy, I cannot make it :( I will rate when/if I get my platinum ^_^

Voted 3. I got all time trials pretty quickly (apart from Shrek swamp, was .06 and .03 second over in succession and decided I'll do it tomorrow), the trick is to strafe as much as possible to be able to boost. And also got 3 multiplayer trophies to do, but that will be done pretty soon as I plan on getting 2nd controller to play this game in multiplayer with my boy :)

I voted a 3.

I expected some of this to be a lot harder after reading some comments on here but all i would say is if you learn the tracks and shortcuts and learn to powerslide and boost its pretty easy.

I normally moan about how everyone says a game is SO easy to make themselves look good....this game is actually easy!