Tutorial: How to Run Instead of Walk

Skip to bold text for short answer.

I originally wasn't going to post this because I thought I simply made a dumb mistake once I found out why I was moving so slow, but seeing how many others made this same mistake I figured it would be worth mentioning since not everyone will realize this.

I was over half way through collecting all the collectibles and hated it because there was no way to run in the game, or so I thought. I eventually started noticing when I would jump and land it seemed I went faster. Thought I was imagining things, then I realized it wasn't the jumping doing it. It was because I always kept my disguise on which forces you to walk. With disguise off you run. So if you're a player like me that played it safe from start of game by keeping disguise on at all times, you may of wondered why you move so painfully slow and why game does not have a run button.

Do not wear your disguise when going for the collectibles or anytime you want to move fast. Wearing your disguise is what forces you to move so slow. If animal control starts chasing you simply keep running away with disguise off for a moment then put it on and keep moving. Once they stop, take disguise off. You don't have to put disguise on at all, but it makes you lose them faster.

Edited by StarlightDoll

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but if you're like me and walked all through the game and halfway through collectibles only to figure out you can run, it doesn't seem slow at all, but if you knew about running from start of game and were use to it, then yeah I would imagine it seems slow. For people that were in my situation the jump from walking to running is a big difference.

• 6 months later...

Am I the only one who read the original poster's tip and said "Or... you could just run all the time, because the Animal Control people will never catch you." I'm just shy of finished (having trouble with getting 5 stars in the New York Circus events), and I was never once caught by Animal Control. Even when they rope you, you can shake them off.

Seriously, who out there is bothering to put on the disguises?

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...