Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC - Road Map and Trophy Guide

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

This road map and trophy guide, remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other physical form, electronic media or any other form. This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Road Map

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10 if done legit but 2/10 if you use the Splitscreen/Low Level Character exploit (personal opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 5 (1 (B), 3 (S), 1 (G))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 9-10hrs if you use the low level character exploit but many times longer than that if you try to complete this DLC legit.
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 6 - 1 of each arena
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: Yes, 1 - Big Tournament (G)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Not directly but playing on playthrough 2 or 2.5 will make the game a lot harder.
  • Do trophies stack?: Yes. There are separate lists for the PS4, global and JP PS3 releases of the game.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
  • Additional peripherals required?: No but having 2 controllers will make the trophies easier to get.

Introduction:

Welcome to the Underdome! After getting through 3 husbands (and heaven knows how many boyfriends/girlfriends) Mad Moxxi has decided to hold a Tournament to decide who her new significant other will be. Gameplay wise, the Underdome is essentially one big Horde mode that sees you take on wave after wave of enemies over many rounds in 6 Arenas. The Small Arenas feature 25 Waves over 5 Rounds but the Large Arenas features 100 Waves over 20 rounds. There are 3 Small Arenas and 3 Large Arenas so do the maths and that's a lot of Waves. To make this DLC a heck of a lot easier and shorter, it's strongly recommended that you use the exploit explained in the Big Tournament (G) Walkthrough.

Trophy wise, you're looking at 9-10hrs if use the exploit but at least 20-30hrs+ if you try to do it legit. The reason for this, is the fact there is no save system and dying means being thrown back at least 5 rounds so you have to work your way back up through the rounds again. If you have the PS4 version of this DLC, then an added fly in the ointment is that it has been reported that Rounds 17-20 can be very crash prone and unstable for some players. To prevent the Big Tournament (G) trophy from glitching, use the Splitscreen version of the exploit, do all 6 Arenas in numerical order and never change hosts.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Small Arenas

The Small Arenas are fairly short and easy so shouldn't take more than an hour or two to finish.

Trophy earned during this step:

Small Tournament (B)

Step 2: Large Arenas

To ensure this step goes as smoothly as possible and prevent any trophy glitches, make sure that your Alt account is the host for each and every session for as long as it takes to get this done. I also recommend backing your saves up for both accounts, whenever you successfully clear each arena so you have a fall back if anything goes wrong.

Trophies earned during this step:

Hell-Burbia (S)

The Angelic Ruins (S)

The Gully (S)

Big Tournament (G) - GLITCHED

Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 11/04/2019.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

b47.jpg  Small Tournament (B)

Completed the lesser challenge in all 3 coliseums

Story related, can't be missed.

The first three challenges are given to you when you use the Underdome Bounty Board. The coliseums have big numbered signs "1", "2" and "3" above them, in addition to the waypoints for the mission.

Each of the Small coliseum challenges have five rounds, with five waves each (total of 25 waves per coliseum, total of 75 waves for this trophy).

When you complete these three coliseums and hand in the mission, you will get this trophy and a bonus skill point for all characters that completed it (you can get one skill point per playthrough so a level 50 character will have 52 skill points if done on both playthroughs).

See Big Tournament for information on wave rules and loot.

719.jpg  Hell-Burbia (S)

Completed the larger challenge in the Hell-Burbia coliseum

See Big Tournament

d45.jpg  The Angelic Ruins (S)

Completed the larger challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum

See Big Tournament

bb4.jpg  The Gully (S)

Completed the larger challenge in The Gully coliseum

See Big Tournament

33e.jpg  Big Tournament (G)

Completed each of the larger challenges in all 3 coliseums

GLITCHED

Be sure to use the same character for all three large tournaments on the same playthrough so if you are doing them on Playthrough 1, don't join anyone online who is doing this DLC doing Playthrough 2.

In some extremely rare cases, the individual trophies will unlock but the Big Tournament does not. Someone has posted that loading that character save a few days later may unlock it. Also note that the PS4 version of this DLC is reportedly very unstable once you get to rounds 17-20 in the Large Arenas so you may want to wait for a patch, before starting this. It has been reported that using Fire and Corrosive Weapons can help reduce the chances of a crash, because they will vaporise the enemies and leave virtually nothing behind to cause a memory leak.

Credit to Terminator for pointing out the glitch info.

Exploit:

All the enemies are the level of the "host" (weakest enemy is level 12). NOTE: In splitscreen, the "host" is controller 1. Play in splitscreen or online with the "host" player being level 12 or under and it will be a breeze for a high level player to beat the missions.

I suggest you go to your PS3 Power Settings and set it to not power off the controllers. Make a brand new character in Splitscreen on controller 1 (the "host"), with your strongest character on controller 2. For the rest of this, you will be playing on controller 2. As soon as you can, use the New-U station to fast travel to "The Underdome". In The Underdome you will find a bank to store 12 items (you can buy upgrades depending on the host's level) and an in-game board to start the missions. PS4 Note: For this exploit to work on the PS4, you will need to create an Alt account and set both as Primaries. Once you have setup your Alt account, make sure you switch accounts before booting up the game so your Alt becomes the host.

Note that the larger coliseums do not use the bulletin board, the #4-6 rooms simply open up after you turn in the quest of the smaller three challenges. Each of the larger coliseum challenges has twenty rounds with five waves each (total of 100 waves per larger coliseum, total of 300 additional waves for the larger coliseums, total of 375 waves total for this DLC). Along the way, you will also get the trophy for each coliseum as you complete them.

• You won't get any XP or Weapon Proficiency skills.

• You will get credit towards challenges and will earn EXP if you complete those here.

• All non-boss waves will have supply drops after the round. Run to the big pills to restore Health and Crates to collect Ammo.

• The final wave of each round is a boss wave. After killing the boss, some loot will spawn in the starting cage (underneath the penalty zone that controller 1 will constantly be in if you are doing this the easy way). Run there in time to nab the loot. The loot will be adjusted to match the level of the "host" player so will be very under-levelled if you use the exploit.

• There are quite a number of rules/maxims, applied randomly per wave. You will at some point have one rule/maxim applied and progressively it will build in the larger challenges to four rules/maxims simultaneously. After a wave, the rules/maxims will randomly get redone. For a full list of rules, see here: LINK.
Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 04/05/2019.

This Guide was originally written by KainGorn and updated heavily by TigerLust with permission. Open to suggestions, feedback, comments etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%.

Edited by TigerLust
Displaying my signature on this personal post.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

So i got this shield that doesn't break(Yes, I got a PS3)with 217643847 capacity and a shotgun that someone dropped that does 184734930653 x 10 damage(that kills camerax in 1 shot, if you get him in the right place) Literally im invincible and kill everything that stands in my way in 1 shot but still this DLC is so boring compared to the over 4 dlc's............

Not so fun having a modded shotgun and shield thinking of dropping it.........

p.s I DON'T MOD THING'S, PEOPLE HAVE DROPPED THEM AND I'VE PICKED THEM UP.

Yeah, well it's up to you whether you want to get easy trophies, or want a challenge. It's a lot more fun if you don't use modded stuff, which by the way is officially illegal to own (supposedly you can get banned from gearbox servers, but I don't know of it actually happening).

I personally did use some modded weapons someone dropped, and quite frankly I pity anyone doing these tedious boring 375 waves with standard equipment...

• 1 month later...

So I finished the three smaller tournaments with my lvl 46 lilith but now I gave one of the larger tournaments a try but gave up after round 4.

Now I'm wondering if I can switch to the easy way or if I gotta take the grinding hit of this

Any thoughts?

Edited by MohawkJon_1311
Unfinished thought

So I finished the three smaller tournaments with my lvl 46 lilith but now I gave one of the larger tournaments but gave up after round 4.

Now I'm wondering if I can switch to the easy way or if I gotta take the grinding hit of this.

Any thoughts?

In order to do it the easy way, your host character needs to be able to start the large tournament. Which means you would have to re-do all the small tournaments again with that character as player 1.. :(

I still think you'd be better off doing it the easy way thou.

• 2 months later...

The Splitscreen trick works a treat :). I got the "Gully" trophy after about 2hrs:30mins and it only took me just over an our to get all the Small Arenas done :D. I just need the remaining 2 Large Arenas and the Big Tournament trophy for the 100%.

UPDATE 1:

I got the "Hell-Burbia" trophy earlier and it took approx me 3hrs 30mins to get it :). Two down, two to go :).

UPDATE 2:

I finally got the last 2 trophies earlier :), all told they took me about 3hrs 45mins.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm confused or something. I read the initial post and was excited to do this without relying on the random chance someone lower level than me was going through the Mad Moxxi arenas.

I generated a level 1 on player 1's controller then loaded my main on the second player controller. After handing in the quest that awards the Small Tournament trophy, only the host received the trophy. My main account did not.

This is incredibly aggravating as the intention was to gain this for my main.

Is there anyway to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...