Rate the trophy difficulty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_25.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 6 months later...

i'm going with a 3.

the game itself isn't very hard. the problem I had was getting started, and progressing. I had to start over 3 times becuase i found a major mistake that i made that i made earlier that screwed everything up going forward.

with the tips i found and the guide that i wrote anyone should be able to get the platinum with a little work.

-----------

Edit: after voting it seems i'm the only one to vote so far. more people really should play the game, it's not that bad

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At 80% trophies and finishing my (P) tonight so I'll go ahead and vote this 3/10. It's a simplified version of Sim City, but there are a few "best practices" in terms of city design that people should be aware of lest you need to start over, ie. how to best use 4-lane roads, 2-lane roads and sidewalks, the importance of the bus system, and striking a good balance between residential, commercial and industrial zoning as well as public amenities like parks, police stations, schools etc. Lord_Raiden covers most of the vital information in his guide over on PS3Imports. And like MainComptonese mentioned, a turbo controller is definitely recommended.

• 10 years later...

2/10

Takes a slight bit of time to get used to how the game works, but once you do, the entire game is basically just building houses and sprinkling shops and restaurants here and there (I would build one of each every 3-4 houses on a street) as well as the occasional other building (mainly public sector buildings, offices, and the occasional factory). There are a few other tips I can give, however...

• While population satisfaction isn't super important, you'll generally want to keep it above 30% since once you go below that, your base population will start to decrease over time, which is nigh impossible to recover from due to the knock-on effect this has on, say, people actually working at the shops that tenants need in order to be happy.
  • Just spam the four-person houses everywhere. They tend to have more permanent residence than pretty much anything else. It's not uncommon to build an apartment complex or a skyscraper and just have it sitting there with little to no population gain, even if it did fill up beforehand. Same applies to pretty much any other building. The lower population buildings take up less space and have a much better chance of actually being utilized.
  • Build your town in chunks instead of doing an entire giant island all at once. Empty housing is factored into population satisfaction to some extent and having a ridiculous swath of it just pop up will likely tank your rating, especially if people move in sporadically and no one tries to work at the restaurants/shops (or at least none of the ones near where anyone lives), causing the new homeowners to complain about the lack of restaurants and shops.
  • Once you unlock the center area and the airport at Rank 5, build the airport in that center island and put some of the new Hobbies buildings there such as the dome, the tower, and the theme park as well as some of the usual housing/restaurant/shop spam to get some more people in. This essentially creates a tourist trap that can bring in 700-800+ people per day. While they'll basically all fuck off every midnight, they build back up over the day anyway, so the drop doesn't really matter once you realize it's just tourists leaving and not some fundamental issue with your town.
  • While I haven't tested the long-term effects of this, there is one trick you can do (preferably at max money since it's ~100K per day) to trick some more people into moving in: just delete your connections to the outside world towards the end of the day (train station, highway, boat dock, airport) and for some reason, everyone who's currently visiting through that connection is now added to your population count as a proper resident (as in the population straight-up rises; apparently you can be a tourist and a resident simultaneously :shrugs:). After doing so, just go into the next day and add the connections back where they were and it's like nothing happened. Tourist numbers stay the same and the new residents don't just fuck off the moment you add back in their connections to the rest of the world. This can allow you to get a good 400+ population per day, massively speeding up the time to plat since it eliminates a good deal of wait at the end.
    • This tactic does need proper testing over more than one day as I only had to do it once for the plat and I was so sick and tired of the game at that point that I didn't stick around to even see the end of the day. It's possible that the game finally realizes what you did at midnight and just snatches the once-stranded residents away again, though I doubt it considering this is a kusoge.
Edited by Walt the Dog