Trophy Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.45

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 2 weeks later...

I rated this a 5... I didn't have much trouble with any of them, but this is just one of those games that comes second nature to me. That being said, I bumped the rating up because Puzzle Mode is simply an ordeal.

Personally, I would've rathered the trophies be more like the achievments for Lumines Live for Xbox 360, where they focus more on scores than whether or not you can finish superfluous modes that aren't even really fun.

• 1 month later...
This is a 10 difficulty. I can't do anything in this game. I get to like stage 5 normal and that's it. To me it is one of the hardest games out there.

I have the exact same problem... Don't know how anyone can actually get any of these. I've gotten to level 9 and that was super hard. I feel like you have to play it about everyday to get to the point where it's second nature.

• 2 months later...

I bought this game a few months ago, but haven't played it much. It doesn't 'click' for me at the moment, so I'll refrain from voting its difficulty until it does 'click'. Considering people out there are easily beating the kind of things expected from the trophies, it can't surely be a 10?

~ squodge ~

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I also voted 5.

Like every game you need to get used to it/get the hang of it.

Once you know how to play this game it isn't really that hard imo.

The only trophy I had some trouble with was Dig Down, all the others will come eventually.

Puzzle Mode/Mission Mode have unlimited retries, it will take time but not hard imo :)

I found this game incredibly hard, one of my proudest 100%s frankly! A 5? Man, I'd like to see what games you people think are hard! To me a 5 means any average gamer can get 100% on this and I really don't think that's true. Oh well, I suppose that's why ratings tend to be scewed a bit.

I agree, 5 would mean the average gamer could get 100% without breaking a sweat too often. I've only managed 1 trophy in the several hours I've ploughed into this game. It just doesn't "click" for me. I understood Numblast within minutes; but this game MEH, my poor little brain just doesnt "get it".

My vote is based on how difficult I thought it was to get 100%.

I'm not voting for others..

And as far as I'm aware that's the whole idea of the ratings,

to see how hard players found the game.

Hell, if people rated for me then I'd like to see all 10's at FPS games :D

I apologize, you are clearly just a super gamer! ;)

I apologize, you are clearly just a super gamer! ;)

lol, not exactly :)

but I do like this type of game and don't have much trouble with it.

again, looking at a Call of Duty for example, I would rate that a 9.

I'm horrible at FPS games :D

you should be proud of the 100% you got, not alot of people can say that they have it ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gave it 9 due to following "factors"?:

- puzzle mode trophy is quite ease the only hard puzzles are these with few shapes to do in a specific time - for example 4 cards colours ;)

- dig down was the hardest for me (although I got it before the puzzle mode one)

- I have spent a lot of time getting 210 in 180 - at first it seamed impossible but now I am on my way to get over 300 ;) - time attack mode is the best way to learn the game in my opinion

Someone said that trophies for points in arcade mode would be better - only if it was going to be for for example 800 000 points - 500k from xbox is easy because arcade is all about x4 multiplier which isn't hard to get once you are good in time attack

In overall until I get 100% in Brain challange (or numblast ... :) ) (or Soldner x 1 :) ) I set skin master as the trophy I'm proud of (although getting "taking your liberty" in GTAIV was tons of fun too :) - back in a day when overnight money bonus did not exist !! :) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just got 100% in Tetris and am looking for another good puzzle game. Can anyone compare Lumines difficulty to Tetris? Some of the Tetris trophies seemed impossible at first, but just took some solid practice (and watching a few online videos) to get.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I've been playing Lumines since it came out on XBLA years and years ago... ive have a strong passio nfor this game and me and my friend have worked dilligantly at achieving the completion of mission mode "hard", and also the "210 challenge"

these 2 trophys alone and the "all skins" trophy make this one of the harder games ive ever tried to 100%

the "210" trophy is no joke people.. ive played lumines for at least 6 years (not constantly mind you) and still dont have the speed to beat that challenge

9-10, no doubt

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Coming back to this game after a year or so of not playing. It is at least an 8, but I gave it a 9 as it is also time consuming to get your skills good enough, and time consuming to finish puzzle mode super hard, and even then you still have to "plan" your game. This is the only game where I actually had to use pen and paper. Also though very fun game loved the original on PSP and might give Vita version a shot.