Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Clarification on Avatar Addict

Good afternoon. Can anyone who has unlocked the above Trophy give me some detail on what they were doing to get it? I've been basically letting the blocks fall on their own for the first stage of Voyage, only focusing on using abilities nonstop and moving the blocks to the side. Once reaching Good Girl, I just fail and quit. After probably three days and several sessions like this, it still isn't unlocking for me. I quit out of the game to unlock all my Trophies (I am currently at 98%) and am almost positive I've used abilities 200 times. Any thoughts?

One thing I've noticed (which makes me a little nervous of my progress not saving) is that in the Options menu some things aren't "progressing," such as one color all-clear. It's stuck at a certain number even when I make more. Not sure if it's related in any way, but sometimes I feel like my ability use isn't being recorded, either.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cant get this to pop at all. Keep track of how many times i used avatar... WAY over 200 and nothing. Did it all in voyage, would get like 10 and then lose and quit, not retry. Then try again. Just to get this one done. This and master 3/4 all i need and just not poping!

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a few thigns and nothign worked. Last trophy needed now! Last i tried was voyage mode, tapping back to make avatar come back faster and just do like 5 and fail map. Than NOT hit retry, load up voyage mode new again and do another 5.. up to 200.. didnt pop. Does it need to be certain modes, can retry ? What did you do to pop this trophy mode wise?

Ok, took 70 mins and went into voyage mode with roomate tapping FURIOUSLY back of vita, me too most of the time and doing 250 Avatar uses, after which i failed on purpose in like lvl 6, since i was letting blocks fall slowly, and did NOT hit retry, just hit quit so my score and stuff would be saved. Left game and came back NOTHING, no trophy!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is 2nd serious attempt at trying to figure out how to pop this. One post on a forum says a guy got it in voyage mode, well umm.. HOW!!???

I did this not patched and did not pop. Really really would appreciate any info on poping this FN trophy!! Please!

Ok, took 70 mins and went into voyage mode with roomate tapping FURIOUSLY back of vita, me too most of the time and doing 250 Avatar uses, after which i failed on purpose in like lvl 6, since i was letting blocks fall slowly, and did NOT hit retry, just hit quit so my score and stuff would be saved. Left game and came back NOTHING, no trophy!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is 2nd serious attempt at trying to figure out how to pop this. One post on a forum says a guy got it in voyage mode, well umm.. HOW!!???

I did this not patched and did not pop. Really really would appreciate any info on poping this FN trophy!! Please!

This game is pissing me off. I tried the EXACT method as you did, only without a roommate to tap the backscreen for me. Now I've got 100 Avatar uses.

I guess I'll wait for now until someone posts the confirmed method of getting this. :think: Really sick of grinding.

@Molasar,

I searched thru Google, and found some info in a Chinese video game forums which I love. In the thread, a user indicated how he got the "Avatar Addict" Trophy

1. Stick to original version 1.00 instead of 1.01

2. Deleted the game and re-installed it

3. Used Voyage Mode (which I presume)

4. Back-touched to boost the ability and grinded for 1.5 hours.

I'll try again tonight.

Edited by julyvictor

@Molasar,

I searched thru Google, and found some info in a Chinese video game forums which I love. In the thread, a user indicated how he got the "Avatar Addict" Trophy

1. Stick to original version 1.00 instead of 1.01

2. Deleted the game and re-installed it

3. Used Voyage Mode (which I presume)

4. Back-touched to boost the ability and grinded for 1.5 hours.

I'll try again tonight.

Thats what i did, was not patched, used voyage mode and took over an hour of us tapping and no trophy.

I just woke up from nap, we tried again before i passed out but this time we did DJ mode and i dropped in like 6 maps. Did over 200 and WON all 6 which ends the mode since i only had so many songs picked. STILL NO TROPHY!

Hands litterally ache now trying to figure it out.

Thats what i did, was not patched, used voyage mode and took over an hour of us tapping and no trophy.

I just woke up from nap, we tried again before i passed out but this time we did DJ mode and i dropped in like 6 maps. Did over 200 and WON all 6 which ends the mode since i only had so many songs picked. STILL NO TROPHY!

Hands litterally ache now trying to figure it out.

That's too bad... I'll try and give you feedback...

I got this trophy yester day.

What I did:

- Select a Avatar ability (i used the shuffle block a lot, it helps a lot in uptempo levels);

- Start the Voyage mode;

- Use the Avatar ability immediatly when you get the change, and with 2 fingers, tap a lot on the touch pad to refill the Avatar meter;

It will take a will, but try to get a high score while doing this, and try not to focus on using the Avatar ability.

I got it after 2 days of playing...

I got this trophy yester day.

What I did:

- Select a Avatar ability (i used the shuffle block a lot, it helps a lot in uptempo levels);

- Start the Voyage mode;

- Use the Avatar ability immediatly when you get the change, and with 2 fingers, tap a lot on the touch pad to refill the Avatar meter;

It will take a will, but try to get a high score while doing this, and try not to focus on using the Avatar ability.

I got it after 2 days of playing...

Thanks. I'll give it a try. 2 questions further:

1. Which version did you use? 1.01 or 1.00?

2. After you game over in any Voyage gameplay, did you choose "Quit" or "Retry"?

Really getting pissed off at this game.. i swear to god i would be doing next person a favor if i smash it with hammer before i send back to gamefly with a note saying DO NOT EVERY PLAY THIS for next person.

Just spent well over hour and a half doing 2 person method again in Voyage mode, NO PATCH... I chose the Snake avatar, which basically does same thing as starting avatar, we spent first 5 lvls ONLY getting avatar hits in, we got over 220 before i said ok now lets get through voyage mode. Yep, i played WHOLE voyage mode without having to hit retry till it looped over at starting screen again, we finished up 3 more lvls till it went to chocolate butterfly lvl and failed on purpose. Chose to QUIT not retry, left game , come back... STILL NOTHING. Its fucking stupid at this point. I would guess i hit avatar during this playthrough 400+ times EASILY, we already counted 220, and we kept spamming avatar whole voyage mode, 30 + lvls using avatar a solid 6 or more times per lvl.

Oh i wanted to add.. my score was almost 700k when i finnaly gave up.

Edited by Molasar

Really getting pissed off at this game.. i swear to god i would be doing next person a favor if i smash it with hammer before i send back to gamefly with a note saying DO NOT EVERY PLAY THIS for next person.

Just spent well over hour and a half doing 2 person method again in Voyage mode, NO PATCH... I chose the Snake avatar, which basically does same thing as starting avatar, we spent first 5 lvls ONLY getting avatar hits in, we got over 220 before i said ok now lets get through voyage mode. Yep, i played WHOLE voyage mode without having to hit retry till it looped over at starting screen again, we finished up 3 more lvls till it went to chocolate butterfly lvl and failed on purpose. Chose to QUIT not retry, left game , come back... STILL NOTHING. Its fucking stupid at this point. I would guess i hit avatar during this playthrough 400+ times EASILY, we already counted 220, and we kept spamming avatar whole voyage mode, 30 + lvls using avatar a solid 6 or more times per lvl.

Oh i wanted to add.. my score was almost 700k when i finnaly gave up.

I hate to say that, but I failed to unlock the trophy AGAIN...This game is stupid in terms of trophies.

Messaged JSD on ps3 today,

Said, he used patch 1.02 and stopped and started another voyage mode.

Which doesnt make sense to me. There is no version 1.02

Today i tried for HOURS! I patched to 1.01, i went into voyage mode and would do the free avatar click right off, then i would tap and get another one off, lose on purpose, click QUIT so it would save, go back into voyage and repeat. Every 10 times i did this i would leave game and come back in.

It did not pop at 100 free clicks and 100 tap clicks of the avatar.. thus 200. I kept on... did another 100 each making it 200 first clicks, and 200 tap build up clicks of avatar. Did extra to make sure i wasnt short, still no trophy.

Im really at lose on what to do. Im starting to think USA version is different and only other countries can get this trophy, or you gotta use a certain avatar power, the one i keep using dont count? He claimed he was patched, do we click quit or retry? Do we do it in one sitting or can we leave game and come back? Nothing i do works!

Messaged JSD on ps3 today,

Said, he used patch 1.02 and stopped and started another voyage mode.

Which doesnt make sense to me. There is no version 1.02

Today i tried for HOURS! I patched to 1.01, i went into voyage mode and would do the free avatar click right off, then i would tap and get another one off, lose on purpose, click QUIT so it would save, go back into voyage and repeat. Every 10 times i did this i would leave game and come back in.

It did not pop at 100 free clicks and 100 tap clicks of the avatar.. thus 200. I kept on... did another 100 each making it 200 first clicks, and 200 tap build up clicks of avatar. Did extra to make sure i wasnt short, still no trophy.

Im really at lose on what to do. Im starting to think USA version is different and only other countries can get this trophy, or you gotta use a certain avatar power, the one i keep using dont count? He claimed he was patched, do we click quit or retry? Do we do it in one sitting or can we leave game and come back? Nothing i do works!

I submitted a complaint to Ubi, now I am waiting for their reply. I'll keep you posted.

Weird, i googled for 1.02 and found nothing.. however....

I GOT THE TROPHY FINNALY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

Ok, i will put a list of what i did in order, i have no clue what was the min needed but i can only post what i did.

1. Deleted all lumines info off vita

2. Powered off vita and back on

3. Installed lumines and without going into game, patched to 1.01

4. Powered off vita

5. Powered vita back on

6. Finnaly went into game and chose Voyage mode

7. Played couple levels just to unlock next avatar which was Uma?

or umi, has shuffle block for power.

8. Played Voyage mode again with 2nd person also tapping back to

refresh avatar fast as possible, Made it to level 8 i think by time i had

210 avatar uses. Also made sure the shuffle block always touched

the correct color when i dropped it into place, also made sure i didnt

use avatar if there was already a power block at TOP slot. So i didnt

double up powers in a single block.

9. At the point i hit 210+ avatar clicks, i lost on purpose. Chose QUIT

10. I then went into world block, clicked for first time ever since i

removed info previously in step 1, and let it update world block.

11. Then went into options, and then chose to lower music sound.

12. Then went into avatars and changed it from Umi to the donkey head,

which was the third avatar i unlocked at this point, only had starting

avatar, Umi and then donkey head.. didnt see any others unlocked.

13. Then i backed all way out till you see LUMINES screen touch now.

14. I then hit PS button and swipped down the game to end it totally.

15. Started Lumines back up, hit touch screen and when main screen

loaded, trophy poped just like other trophies did.

Im not sure what the min of all that you need to pop it, but thats exactly what i did. Could just be you need to delete game and install and patch without going in.. or sometihng simple like power block dont work but shuffle block does? I went into options and all that at end to try and make sure it SAVED some how since nothing was working.

Im done with game but i hope this helps ppl and if you find it works for you, or can knock out some of the steps with what you did to get it to work, pass it along :) IM DONE!!!

Weird, i googled for 1.02 and found nothing.. however....

I GOT THE TROPHY FINNALY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

Ok, i will put a list of what i did in order, i have no clue what was the min needed but i can only post what i did.

4. Powered off vita

5. Powered vita back on

7. Played couple levels just to unlock next avatar which was Uma?

or umi, has shuffle block for power.

8. Played Voyage mode again with 2nd person also tapping back to

refresh avatar fast as possible, Made it to level 8 i think by time i had

210 avatar uses. Also made sure the shuffle block always touched

the correct color when i dropped it into place, also made sure i didnt

use avatar if there was already a power block at TOP slot. So i didnt

double up powers in a single block.

9. At the point i hit 210+ avatar clicks, i lost on purpose. Chose QUIT

10. I then went into world block, clicked for first time ever since i

removed info previously in step 1, and let it update world block.

11. Then went into options, and then chose to lower music sound.

12. Then went into avatars and changed it from Umi to the donkey head,

which was the third avatar i unlocked at this point, only had starting

avatar, Umi and then donkey head.. didnt see any others unlocked.

13. Then i backed all way out till you see LUMINES screen touch now.

14. I then hit PS button and swipped down the game to end it totally.

15. Started Lumines back up, hit touch screen and when main screen

loaded, trophy poped just like other trophies did.

Im not sure what the min of all that you need to pop it, but thats exactly what i did. Could just be you need to delete game and install and patch without going in.. or sometihng simple like power block dont work but shuffle block does? I went into options and all that at end to try and make sure it SAVED some how since nothing was working.

Im done with game but i hope this helps ppl and if you find it works for you, or can knock out some of the steps with what you did to get it to work, pass it along :) IM DONE!!!

Man, congrats. Not getting what makes you get this trophy, but I'll try whatsoever.

• 10 months later...

After fighting this one, I finally got it to pop. Here is what I did. I followed Molasar's instructions, but it popped sooner. I never got this trophy using the Boy avatar.

4. Powered off vita

5. Powered vita back on

7. Played couple levels (never activated the Avatar Powerup) just to unlock the 1st Avatar and failed on purpose and chose Quit. (Mine was Heby, same powerup as Boy.)

8. Played Voyage mode again and got all 200 Avatar activations without failing and the trophy popped mid-game.

(I had deleted the game and re-installed, played 3 hrs to get the True Believer trophy and hit well over 200 Avatar activations without the Avatar Addict trophy, but that was with the Boy Avatar. Must be bugged if using Boy.)

• 5 months later...