Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Lumines: Electronic Symphony Road Map & Trophy Guide

http://i.imgur.com/53ZvM3P.jpg

ROADMAP

Overview:

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 6 / 10

-Offline: 13 [9(B), 3(S), 1(G)]

-Online: 0

-Approximate Time to 100%: 10-15+ Hours (Skill Dependent)

-Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1+ of Each Mode

-Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No Difficulty Setting

-Number of Missable Trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: Potentially All [Easy solution though]

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheat Codes

-Online Pass Required to 100%?: No Online Pass

-PSV/PSN Cross Functionality?: PS Vita Only.

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the one of the first (and best reviewed) PlayStation Vita games, Lumines: Electronic Symphony. For those that don't know, Lumines is an advanced puzzle simulation game that tasks you in clearing blocks by joining 4 of the same colour boxes. The game has 5 modes which you can test and improve your skills each offering a unique challenge or experience. You can play the box with the front touch screen or direction pads and buttons. The game focuses on core mechanic puzzle gameplay, beautiful visuals and a well-rounded soundtrack to keep the user engaged. New to this installment of Lumines is a leveling based XP system in which you gain XP to level up your profile based on performance of clearing blocks in various modes. It is truly a throwback to the old school arcade games of skill based, high scoring gameplay which is what you'll have to master if you want to achieve a prestigious 100% on this title. Personally I recommend using the buttons to achieve 100% as they are more precise. Here is a quick review I made of the game outlining changes from Supernova as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zTqx-0tQM]Playstation Vita (PSV) - Lumines Electronic Symphony Review (By Quantum)[/ame]

NOTE: IF A TROPHY GLITCHES MAKE SURE THE GAME SAVES GO BACK TO MAIN MENU, QUIT THE GAME AND RESTART. THE TROPHY WILL POP EVENTUALLY!

Step 0: Things to be Aware of Before Starting the Game

Take note that there are 2 grinding trophies which should come naturally but helps if you are aware to speed up the process. The first is the gold trophy Winner Takes It All which will require you to hit level 50 in order to unlock all Skins/Avatars and the bronze trophy Avatar Addicts which requires you to use your avatar ability 200 times.

Step 1: Practice/Clear Voyage Mode / Watch the Credits

My recommendation is to start with the main mode, unless you are a Lumines veteran or very adept at puzzle games do not expect to get the Journey's End trophy here, the main purpose of this mode will be to train you so you understand how the mechanics of the game works. You will have to learn when to be conservative with some levels (skins) as the speed of blocks falling and the erase line vary in each one. Some more challenging than others. In this step you should get the following trophies:

(B) A True Pioneer

(B) New Recruit

(B) Prodigy

(B) Thank You

(S) Journey’s End*

Step 2: Play Playlist Mode (Under More Modes)

You can have some fun here, load up your favourite skins that you've unlocked in Voyage Mode (or ones you think you should practice) and grind away for more practice, XP, avatar ability uses, or specific trophy requirements. Trophies you can grind for here if you didn't get them in step one are:

(B) True Believer

(B) Lucky 5

(B) A Perfect Storm

(B) The DJ Is In The House

Step 3: Play Time Attack (30 Seconds) / Clear Voyage Mode

Your skills are hopefully developed enough to attempt Time Attack mode which will require you to erase 30 blocks in 30 seconds. Also if you didn't clear all skins in Voyage mode you should do that now. Trophies earned here should include:

(S) Time Stands Still

(S) Journey’s End*

Step 4: Play Zone Mode

In my opinion this may pose the most challenge to players. As a hardened veteran of this series I was only able to make it to Zone 4 on my first attempt before losing. Luckily if you fail you can resume at Zone 4, clear it and reach Zone 5 for the trophy. Due to the hard nature of this trophy I've listed it as step 4 after you've had enough practice with the other modes. Trophies earned here will be:

(S) Black Belt

Step 5: Grind Out All Unlocks for Skins/Avatars + Use Avatar Abilities 200 Times

Now that you've earned everything else it's time to just play the game casually for XP in order to level up and unlock skins/avatars. While playing through any mode that you can use your avatar ability you should be tapping it whenever it becomes available/when you need it. This step is best done on Voyage or Playlist mode, trophies earned here will be the final 2 for the 100% which are:

(B) Avatar Addicts

(G) Winner Takes It All

Edited by QuantumMercury
Editorial Sweep

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TROPHY GUIDE

**Will be listed in order on RoadMap with Journey's End at the bottom**

**Trophies will always unlock when the requirement is fulfilled even if in the middle of a game**

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/10.jpg - A True Pioneer (B)

Clear 10 Skins in Voyage Mode.

Very simple, as you play through Voyage mode each time you reach 100% on a skin (by clearing X amount of blocks, using combos, etc) you will progress to the next skin. Simply clear 10 of these to get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/11.jpg - New Recruit (B)

Get a total score of 50,000.

You'll get this after the grading screen at the end of Voyage mode (when you fail) if you've attained 50,000 points. It's fairly easy to do and you should attain 50,000+ points approx. 5-10 minutes into Voyage mode.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/08.jpg - Prodigy (B)

Achieve a BONUSx3.

You'll actually likely get this as your first trophy but nonetheless to get a bonus you need to clear 4+ blocks on each line pass for 3 consecutive lines. While this task was easy in Supernova (for PSN) I found you have to be quicker with Electronic Symphony in placing blocks, but that is likely due to the controls on the Vita and not skill related.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/12.jpg - Thank You (B)

Watch through the entire Credits sequence.

You can get this trophy anytime, simply head to Options > Credits from the man menu. Let the credit screen roll (make sure your Vita doesn't go into Standby Mode, if it does just resume watching the credits). Trophy will pop at the end of the credits.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/05.jpg - True Believer (B)

Play for over 3 hours within 24 hours.

Easy enough, you must be engaged in a game mode (cannot sit at the main menu or put the game on standby) for this trophy. You can track your total time played under Options > Play History. You can play in bursts or all at once as long as it's within 24 hours.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/06.jpg - Lucky 5 (B)

Create 5 Squares with 1 Shuffle Block.

New to Electronic Symphony are Shuffle Blocks which is a single box which will randomize any blocks it comes into contact with. They are denoted by a maze like circle on a box. They appear at Random. You need to get "lucky" and have the randomize pattern change enough blocks into squares for erasing. The more blocks you connect to the greater the change you will get 5 matching blocks. Something I noticed was if you've created blocks already (ie 5+ blocks) and the line already passed through (but not erased) them and you drop a shuffle block it will count for the trophy (I believe this is how I got it, if anyone can confirm that would be great). **There are avatars which can help you get Shuffile Blocks with their abilities if you unlock them**

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/03.jpg - A Perfect Storm (B)

Use a Chain Block to connect at least 25 blocks.

Chain blocks are denoted by a "+" on the blocks and will automatically erase all the same colour blocks it comes into contact with. They appear at random. You can farm this in Playlist mode on a skin you are good with by filling a large area with blocks and making sure the colors are connected for when you get the chain block. **There are avatars which can help you get Shuffile Blocks with their abilities if you unlock them** Here is a video I made showing an easy way to get the trophy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64ruuD6j2g]Lumines: Electronic Symphony (PS Vita) A Perfect Storm Trophy[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/09.jpg - The DJ Is In The House (B)

Create, save and then clear 12 Playlists.

After unlocking a few skins go to More Modes > Playlist and drag and drop skins into the cover art area. I made playlists with 2 skins but I am sure it'll work with one skin. Touch on the "Edit Playlist" button at the top of the screen (the orange box with the pencil on it) and save the list (you can name them 1 through 12 to be quick) and then click play. Clear the skin and repeat 11 more times by creating and saving more playlists. Skins can be used more than once (but to be safe make playlist unique).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/02.jpg - Time Stands Still (S)

Erase 30 Squares in Stopwatch Mode – 30 Seconds.

We're done with the baby trophies, now it's time to test some skill. Go into More Modes > Stopwatch > 30 Sec to attempt this trophy and use your cunning mind and pro gamer fingers to create 30+ blocks with in the 30 second time limit for the trophy. Here is a video I made showing how to do it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzXxSnh1Svw]Lumines: Electronic Symphony (PS Vita) Time Stands Still Trophy[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/04.jpg - Journey’s End (S)

Clear all Skins in Voyage Mode.

I believe there are ~40+ skins in Voyage Mode (there are 43 skins total). Since I cleared this mode on my first attempt I cannot remember/confirm how many skins there are but basically this is a massive endurance/skill test. I got this trophy at ~1,000,000 points and 59 minutes into Voyage, that is constant playtime for an hour. Eat some tuna and start this baby up cause your mind will have to be sharp and fingers ready to clear each skin Voyage throws at you. Some skins can be really tough as blocks fall very fast and the erase line can move slow. It has been confirmed by other users that you can fail in Voyage mode and select retry (you will lose all XP) to continue on with a clean slate (no blocks) on the skin you failed on. So essentially you can just keep on retrying until you get this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/07.jpg - Black Belt (S)

Unlock Master Zone 5.

Go to More Modes > Zone Mode from the main menu. There are 5 zones in total but you only need to clear the first 4 to unlock Zone 5. This mode will pit you against a quota of blocks to erase listed on the right side (there is no time limit though) and after each quota is filled you will move to the next Zone which is harder, better, faster and stronger. Don't worry if you fail though, luckily you do not need to clear all 4 Zones in a single run. For example, if you clear Zones 1 and 2 and then fail on Zone 3 you can resume play with a clean slate (no blocks) by selecting Zone 3.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/13.jpg - Avatar Addicts (B)

Use Avatar Abilities 200 times.

This is going to be a grind, basically whenever you can, tap your avatar ability (on the lower left corner) and he will give you something special. Whenever you use the avatar ability you will have to regenerate him by tapping the back touch pad. However given the nature of the game I would recommend just getting this naturally as you casually play the game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1367/01.jpg - Winner Takes It All (G)

Unlock all Skins and all Avatars.

There are 43 Skins and 41 Avatars to unlock which can be tracked by going to the Collection menu from the main menu. To achieve this trophy you basically should do all other trophies in the trophy list and reach level 50 in the game (through acquiring XP) by playing Playlist / Stopwatch / Master modes or Voyage. Make sure if you fail you select quit and not retry because if you retry you will lose the XP!

Edited by QuantumMercury
Editorial Sweep

thank you for the guide.. still missing 2 trophies, clear 30 blocks in 30 seconds and reach zone 5..will eventually get them with practice. (this is the first lumines game i played) so still getting used to it..

Yep, practice is the key to getting the 100%

Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually. The clear 30 in 30 seconds might be better to train on 60 seconds and then move to 30 seconds... since you're still under the stress of being as quick as you can be but you have a bit more time to practice.

do you have to get journey's end all in one sitting or can you clear the skins in different sittings?

There is no continue mode if you fail you will have to restart. However, given the nature of the PS Vita itself you can always pause Lumines and put the game on standby and do something else and then return.

i'm back after 3 continous hours of LUMINES...and got the "3 hours" trophy @@;...MY HANDS!!!,THEY'RE FUCKED UP!!!! XD

The thing i did,meanwhile in VOYAGE,is to not making the blocks to fall down...so i just activate the avatar and massively tap the back of the console...then re-use it...SAD THING is that the game DOESNT TRACKS YOUR AVATAR USES...so yeah...KEEP PLAYING ><

I tried to be as unbiased as possible, I'll change the difficulty rating as more people vote. But I kept learning more and more things from people on here that kept making each trophy easier and easier. Since you can use a "continue" function for Journey's End and resume play from Zone mode you do not have to accomplish those trophies within one playthrough which makes them incredibly easier.

Only thing that is tough for people would be the 30 blocks in 30 seconds as people had trouble with a similar trophy from Supernova. Other than that I can't see any other trophy giving anyone problems.

I tried to be as unbiased as possible, I'll change the difficulty rating as more people vote. But I kept learning more and more things from people on here that kept making each trophy easier and easier. Since you can use a "continue" function for Journey's End and resume play from Zone mode you do not have to accomplish those trophies within one playthrough which makes them incredibly easier.

Only thing that is tough for people would be the 30 blocks in 30 seconds as people had trouble with a similar trophy from Supernova. Other than that I can't see any other trophy giving anyone problems.

I agree, this is the first Lumines game i have ever played and ive only found the 30 blocks in 30 seconds and reach level 5 in master mode hard and im yet to obtain either, the rest of the trophies are easy and Journey's End is just time consuming also the unlock all avatars (reach level 50) is easy once you've cleared the world block a few times.

It is in no way a 9/10 difficulty maybe 6 or 7 tops

FYI,the "Create,save and complete 12 playlists" trophy ..you cant just create a 1 skin list..i already tried creating 12 lists of 1 skin per list and the trophy didnt popped up (not even doing the close the game,re-open it and trophy will pop-up Bug)..so i'm trying with 2 skins per list

and there's NO tracking of Avatar use....so just keep spamming the game till the end...those are the 2 trophies left for me for 100%

SADLY,the game has NO platinum trophy,even in the Physical Store's card....shame on you,Q!...FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: I did the following

-Delete all the 12 1 skin lists

-Place 2 (Two) skins at the playlist

-Save the playlist as number 1

-Play the playlist till the end

-Remove the actual skins and replace em with the 2 next skins

-Save the new list and play it

-Repeat all till you reach 12 and finish it

-After finishing playlist 12,i go to the main menu and nothing happens..

-I press the PS button,slip the game away,re-launch it and back to the main menu...nothing happens (this is something i did because once i finished Voyage 100%,the trophy didnt appeard,but once i quitted the game and re-launched it,the trophy popped up)

...in this case,the playlist trophy did NOT appeard at ALL

What am i doing wrong?!?!?!

Edited by DV2FOX

FYI,the "Create,save and complete 12 playlists" trophy ..you cant just create a 1 skin list..i already tried creating 12 lists of 1 skin per list and the trophy didnt popped up (not even doing the close the game,re-open it and trophy will pop-up Bug)..so i'm trying with 2 skins per list

and there's NO tracking of Avatar use....so just keep spamming the game till the end...those are the 2 trophies left for me for 100%

SADLY,the game has NO platinum trophy,even in the Physical Store's card....shame on you,Q!...FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: I did the following

-Delete all the 12 1 skin lists

-Place 2 (Two) skins at the playlist

-Save the playlist as number 1

-Play the playlist till the end

-Remove the actual skins and replace em with the 2 next skins

-Save the new list and play it

-Repeat all till you reach 12 and finish it

-After finishing playlist 12,i go to the main menu and nothing happens..

-I press the PS button,slip the game away,re-launch it and back to the main menu...nothing happens (this is something i did because once i finished Voyage 100%,the trophy didnt appeard,but once i quitted the game and re-launched it,the trophy popped up)

...in this case,the playlist trophy did NOT appeard at ALL

What am i doing wrong?!?!?!

If it helps any, I actually made twelve one-skin playlists and got the trophy just fine. Made, saved, and played them all in one sitting.

....wait a minute...Put the process of what you did,but...are you trying to say the following? :

-Delete my 12 actual lists

-Restart the game (Even doin turn off the console completely)

-Power up and start the game,head to Mode->Lists

-Create the 12 lists already with 1 skin

-....now what?,do i have to restart the game and do them 1 by 1?..

If it's not that much of asking,could ya do the process of what you did in the style i just wrote out with the - 's ,Pretty please?

Also,did you got the trophies after restarting the game...or whenever you did an specific trophy and got back to the menu,it popped up infront of you?...

In my case,i finished VOYAGE 100% and went back to the menu...the trophy DIDNT popped up..what i did was PS Button,slip the game away,re-start the game,and after touchin the title of the game to the menu,the trophy popped up (this does NOT happens with my WipEout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: So i did this:

-Removed all playlists

-Created 12 1 skin playlists

-Did em all in a row (thou had to put the console to sleep for a moment between one of the lists)

-The trophy did NOT appeard

Game bugged...?

Edited by DV2FOX

From what I remember, most of my Trophies required I "peel" the game out and start up again. I haven't ever gotten to the point where I needed to take the card out as I've seen mentioned in different spots online.

For the playlists, I would pick a song, save it as a number in order. I didn't make them all at once; rather, I made #1, saved, played, and cleared it. Back in the menu, I would drag the song off the list, replaced with another, save #2, and repeat until I finished #12. After that, I just peeled the game off and restarted. The Trophy popped up with no problem (which is more than I can say for Avatar Addict...).

Hope this helps. And I am beginning to thing some things are indeed bugged in this game.

Look at what i did:

-Deleted the lists

-Powered off the Vita totally,then started it again

-Created not 12 but 13!!! 1 skin lists FIRST...after created em all,i exitted to the menu and repeated step 2

-Played them all IN A SIT,ALL OF THE 13 LISTS (in

-After that,i went to the main menu (NOT just MODES),then pressed the PS button,Peeled the game away,remove the card,add the card,re-start the game

-Trophy STILL NOT SHOWING AFTER START MENU

.....other trophies appeard whenever i booted up the game like i mentioned above....Q? entertainment better find a solution to this SHIT...i'm stucked at 90% (200 avatar uses,this playlist trophy)

Look at what i did:

-Deleted the lists

-Created not 12 but 13!!! 1 skin lists FIRST...after created em all,i exitted to the menu and repeated step 2

-After that,i went to the main menu (NOT just MODES),then pressed the PS button,Peeled the game away,remove the card,add the card,re-start the game

.....other trophies appeard whenever i booted up the game like i mentioned above....Q? entertainment better find a solution to this SHIT...i'm stucked at 90% (200 avatar uses,this playlist trophy)

I got this trophy naturally by playing the same playlist over and over again, it just popped up one time when my score was displayed after a playlist, I wasn't even trying to go for anything I just keep playing the songs I liked. I never even created more than 3 playlists before I got this trophy, which leads me to believe the base requirements are to create 1 playlist, save 1 playlist, then play 12 playlists. to get this trophy, ya'll seem to be putting too much effort into it. Good Luck though, really sucks for those few people who have buggy trophy detection, so far on all my games trophies just pop up the moment I earned them.

I'm starting to consider erasing my save and just starting over. The only Trophy I need is Avatar Addict and that probably wouldn't take too long. In the meantime, though, I'm just trying to use abilities in Playlist rather than Voyage here and there. While playing other games I hope an update to "fix" these issues may pop up in the near future.

Look at what i did:

-Deleted the lists

What I did was:

Go into playlists without anything saved.

Dragged two skins to create a list

Save it as "1"

Play it

After finishing, drag the two skins back, drag another 2 skins

Save as "2"

Play it

Rinse and repeat, got the trophy just fine.