The "I want to be a robot" thread

http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg830/scaled.php?server=830&filename=robotru.jpg&res=gal

Talk/discuss/ask about this trophy :whistle:

(kinda hard to describe without pics/video)

I did this standing up; sitting doesn't really make a difference. I used the "finger vibration" technique, but included the other hand into the mix... okay let me explain before you get any funny ideas. :poke:

First things first... using 2P rather than a CPU may prove to be a more suitable choice, because you control how much damage 1P takes; the CPU might beat you too much, which will result in a pin fall and cause you to restart the match. We don't want that.

Start a 1v1 match, all humans. With 2P, smack 1P around and pin. As 1P, start mashing as if you were not going for the trophy. If the ref reaches 1.5, that's more than enough. If not, sm4ck m0ar. Remember, trial and error. Also, pausing with 1P prior to the count is a good idea if you are playing alone--it's to help you switch controllers and prepare for the real mashing.

Assuming you mash with your right index finger: Basically, hold the controller [with your left hand] close to your belly (preferably left side and in contact with belly). Your palm should be facing towards you, and contoller tilted slightly upwards. When you mash, both arms should tense up and vibrate/tremble. For me, focusing most of the trembling to the controller arm seemed more effective.

A really great alternative to your index is the area of the index with the wrinkles, right between the middle/proximal phalanx, or proximal inter-blahblah (or literally just halfway along your finger where it bends), pictured here:

[spoiler=1]

http://www.eorthopod.com/sites/default/files/images/finger_fusion_anat02.jpg

Experiment and see which works best for you (if any). Either way, both gave me consistent results. I hope this helps some people :hug:

Edited by Eye Beams

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, it only took me about 4 tries with the "proximal" (and the bold) method.

As for your question: I honestly don't know. I never really payed attention to those details. ^^; But why would it? Perhaps Rudo refs favor Rudo wrestlers (and vice versa) and you'll have some sort of advantage? Might be a speculation...

Meh, I would only worry about the count. The trophy is more dependent on the player's part :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

If the controller can auto-press more than 12 per/sec, yes. ;)

Someone on the XB360 got it by using one:

While this isnt anything groundbreaking or special, a turbo controller should you have access to one helps greatly with this stupid achievement.

Get someone to keep kicking your ass til they have more charisma (so you dont kick out too quickly) and pick a button to hold. if the button does not come up, have your partner in achievement whoring let you up with left trigger unitl it does. took about 100 seconds.

Not very original, but thats how I got it.

SOURCE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
does a turbo controller work? if so which one do you recommend? Thanks

Yes, it does. If it wasn't for a turbo controller, then no way could I have ever gotten this trophy.

Any turbo controller will work. Long as your can program one button to turbo, then your set. Mines broke, but it was cheap one for like 10 bucks.

Can someone tell me what brand of turbo controller they used and describe how fast it was. Mine works by holding down the button and maybe a little faster than me.

This is the one I have and mainly got for this game. I'm sure you can find a cheaper one used like I did. The key is to see what button you need to push then pause the game. Set up the turbo function for that button. Unpause the game and hit that button that is trubo, then trophy! :)

10142126-250x250.jpg

https://www.shopperdepotonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=77

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to take a long time. I'm wondering if by 1 second they mean 1 actual second or 1 second in referee time. I know he counts slower if you knock him down and I think he does a count slower than 1 second.

Just a warning to people getting a turbo controller in hopes of getting this, stay away from Dreamgear.

Edited by SerpentSeed

• 2 months later...

I'm sad I still don't have this. The turbo controller I got isn't fast enough but I got a 2nd controller. It just makes me mad that I'm one trophy away from platinum. Not just going to buy another controller for this. All I can do is keep trying to press the button 12 times or more. I'd like to know how fast I'm able to press a button if there was a way.

• 3 months later...