XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
SkaKid25

Default Anyone got this yet?

I'm getting it from GameFly sometime this week...hopefully before work this weekend.

Anyway so anyone got this yet? Any insight on how's the game/trophies?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
fancyfox

Awards Showcase I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Yes, get it from Gamefly. Even though I bought the game, it's a rental at best. Basically, it wasn't what I expected it to be. If you like old school wrestling games, like WCW vs. the World with a mix of brawling action, then it's quite entertaining. But I think the WWE/THQ games have spoiled me over the past decade. Some parts of the game are quite sloppy. I'm having a really hard time countering moves on normal mode. Maybe I just really suck at my timing. Who knows?

I unlocked a few trophies pretty quickly within the first hour of gameplay. Quite a few online trophies, which people will probably need boosting buddies for as well. I couldn't find anyone online just yet. Hopefully more peeps will get the game so trophies can be won

Made by ESYLD (thx!)

Last edited by fancyfox; 10-13-2010 at 06:47 AM.
fancyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
SkaKid25

Interesting. I'm actually a big fan of old school wrestling games, technically it's from the time I was really a fan and all. I'm not setting high expectations but I'm hoping that I will be at least be able to enjoy it, maybe even Platinum the game, in fact I'm thinking about writing a guide maybe, if no one else comes along.

Can you shine some more light on online trophies, or just about anything? I'm curious. You can also add me so we can play online sometime (or so I can take a closer peek at the trophies...man I'm such a whore again). Just so you know, I'm not a great gamer, so forgive me if I suck :P My PSN ID is SkaKid25

Last edited by SkaKid25; 10-13-2010 at 07:11 AM.
SkaKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
fancyfox

Awards Showcase I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

There's about 3 or 4 online trophies, and the main headache trophy is probably the one asking you to win online 5 times in a row with a custom luchador. I want to try and see if some of these trophies can be won with the help of 2 to 4 controllers, but I won't have the time until tomorrow or Thursday to test that theory out. I've been trying to get the "Don't Hit the Dog" trophy, but have been failing so far. Maybe the multiple controllers can help with that trophy? I really want to find out on that one.

But yeah, add me and we can knock those online trophies out of the way
I thought Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 was horrible with their online mode last year. So, I'm curious to see how this game plays online.

Made by ESYLD (thx!)
fancyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
SkaKid25

I think that most of those trophies that don't ask for CPU you could probably get them with a second controller. I guess I will test it out as soon as I get the game...hopefully Gamefly is going to be speedy with delivery lol

And I'll sure add you, wrestling games online tend to be very cheap. I played Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 on 360 and that was pain...all people did was spear, spear, spear, finisher, spear etc. it wasn't very much enjoyable. I just hope it won't be TNA Impact lol

P.S I think "I want to be a robot" will be problematic :/

Last edited by SkaKid25; 10-13-2010 at 07:38 AM.
SkaKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
xYx1999

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Got "I Want To Be A Robot" without even trying so I don't think its much of a problem. I agree with Fancyfox's quick take of the game. It does have that "old school" wrestling feel but it isn;t my cup of tea ever since WWE's Smackdown! series.

xYx1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
Mexican_Tiger

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

i got it, as Mexican im very proud of this game, yeah SvR it's better but this is a great effort and i think that its no so far from THQ series, and hopefully if this game has good sales this will become a competitor for SvR, if that the case we all won .

And remember, This is not Wrestling... This is LUCHA LIBRE

-*My Platinums*-
Mexican_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
SkaKid25

...well I'm obviosuly not good at video games because I find the CPU to be unforgivably cheap. It's hard to enjoy it when only way around it is to be cheap as well. Silver King + Dr. Wagner match is annoying.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
b0shey

Not out in Europe yet, but i'm totally getting it.. i love Lucha Libre and hope i get the lucha feeling and something different from the smackdown vs raw games

Last PS3 Platinum: RIO
Last PSN 100%: inFamous: Festival of Blood
Last PS3 100% DLC: Batman AO: Cold,Cold Heart
Last PS Vita Platinum: God of War II
Last PS Vita 100%: Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse ep2
Last Ps4 Platinum: Alien Isolation
Last Ps4 100%: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Last PS4 100% DLC: TBD

b0shey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
mEcroboss

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions