Rate the platinum difficulty  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think I will be going for the platinum on this game because of the collectibles and sidemissions plus It seems to require MP boosting.

I can say however that is is pretty hard to beat it in Hard mode. You will die a lot and the loading screens make it very annoying to try again. I died a lot of times on the first giant crab akrid and it required me to watch an unskippable cutscene everytime I retried.

Id say Hard as well as Time consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is easy to do, not going to lie. Hardest part of the game on hard is the intro. After that it becomes a breeze and as long as you remember to scan every Akrid you will not miss anything as the game has a fall back save at the point of no return.

MP Is easy and with the right amount of people it is easy boostable

• 1 month later...

PLAT!!!

i say its a 2.5

MP is not much a grind if you drop the ammo pack and play mostly 3v3 Arkid Survival you should get enough money to unlock all (15-20 hrs). Only sphere thats hard is the "harmonizer" b/c your teammates need to stay inside the shield till full health regen.

Story fights are easy even on hard, final boss fight is a joke.

I'll try to have a guide up for everyone soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I vote 9 because of Harmony Emblems. The core story game isn't too bad; I'd say it's a 4.

But Harmony Emblems--- they require a boosting session, and there's no way to pick teams. So it's very hard to get a game going where you and boost partner are same team.

And even then--- teams can change each and every match.

And even then--- when boosting with one person, you'll be lucky to get a single emblem each match. You both need to know what you're doing to get this done right.

It's a 9. I'd even argue 10, because this is a serious pain.

• 5 months later...

Gave this game a 4. At this point you'll have to boost multiplayer, which isn't too difficult considering you only need 3 ppl and randoms are far and few between (depending which team they join, you can just ignore them).

Singleplayer on hard is probably not as difficult as other 3rd-person shooters on their highest difficulty, but some fights need some figuring out, quickly leading to frustration when you have to go through the same cut scene for the 10th time. The game itself lumbers along, not offering any real incentive to get all the collectibles, but for the plat you'll have to get them anyway.

If you need help with the singleplayer trophies, just pm me!

• 1 year later...

giving this a 5, campaign can be very tough in parts due to the cheap deaths in some boss battles.

the MP is gonna be a fun but a slightly long grind. the MP is lots of fun from my point of view and it's a shame the online is dead. i hated certain points in this game and it was really frustrating but all in all it's been a decent enough experience.

Edited by plisken1979

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've rated this game a 4/10. Not very hard at all, but the first section of the campaign on Hard had me dying a lot, as it took me a while to get used to the clunky aiming. What made this worse is that I had to watch the same unskippable cutscene over and over again

Other annoying sections of this game are the QTE events. It took me a few deaths against certain large Akrid in the Rig to realise what buttons to press/what I should be doing to combat and defeat them

This game plays a lot like Dead Space 3. It has very slow gameplay. It chooses to walk up a totally different flight of stairs than the previous games. Once you know how to use the rolling mechanic properly, all of the enemies are a breeze to dodge

It's not listed anywhere, but this game requires 3 people max in order to complete its online. There are 100 sphere cells, but only about 3 of those require 3 players, but I'd recommend you have 4 if possible (possibly via idle extra PS3), as there's no static way to rig the matchmaking in your favour for boosting with just 3 players. But there is if you have 4 players

• 1 month later...

I give it a 5 just for the amount of dedication it requires to obtain the Online trophies these days. to gather a dedicated team and boost for over 10 hours that requires dedication and Sheer will. The Single player trophies are pretty straight forward collectibles...Check, Hard difficulty...Check, Upgrade max armor and weapons....Check, so yeah it's a 5 out of 10 for me. and despite not hard this is one of my proudest Platinums to date.

• 1 year later...

Single player

I chose Hard from the beginning and did everything in one playthrough. The most difficult parts are those where you have to fight lots of those little insignificant akrids that overwhelm you in number (so irritating!), while bigger enemies as well as bosses are generally easier. In the second part of your adventure you'll get access to very useful abilities and power ups that will help you greatly.

I managed to buy all the upgrades for weapons and Rig several missions before the end of the game. Never had to grind T-eng. I also bought 5 special components for Rig upgrades as I ran short. Special ammo, extra grenade slot and extra ammo pack are not needed for the trophy.

Save system is a bit dull and checkpoints are often not very well placed.

Multiplayer

Since you just need 1 other player to boost everything except 3 emblems, I would say it's not a hard task. The only emblems that require a 3rd person are Spotted, Harmony and Special Delivery. To coordinate, a very basic text chat is enough. Plus, servers are completely dead and you can boost absolutely undisturbed.

I boosted harmony emblems this way: Akrid survival mode; me and my boosting partner stayed next to each other throwing proto-harmonizers; 3rd guy shot one of us until he got low health (shooter recognised that because we started moving quickly), then switched to the other. Before reaching last 5 minutes we fought akrids with the same method, staying close and under proto-harmonizer. This way we got both 2 emblems per match. After you collect 10, the upgrade grants you a higher regeneration rate, speeding up the whole process. We got 4 per match at that point.

Scenario maps and objectives are very very easy.

Overall it's a 5. The most difficult thing may be finding a 3rd person for those few emblems.

• 1 year later...

Voted 3 out of 10.

Nothing hard at all. I did it in 2 playthroughs and normal was actually more of a challenge than Hard was on the second run. Most of the hard sections you can camp by the drilling rig and spam unlimited grenades.

Online took about 16 hours boosting using the 3 v 3 Akrid survival (use the alt to host and it won't idle out). Harmony emblem farming actually works pretty well on Quarantine if you let the Wardeyes tee off on your partner and just keep throwing down Harmonizers when they expire. The first 10 take a game each but once you unlock the increased rate perk you can easily grab the last 10 in 2.2 matches.

I actually really enjoyed the game, the main character was likeable and the setting was excellent.