Lollipop Chainsaw - Guide to Beating Dads Scores

Harry94_

i7K5mHc.png 

Found this guide via a google search? Not a registered member? Then why not

Join the forum!. Please do not steal/paraphrase this guide and post it on another site. If I find this content posted anywhere but ps3trophies.org then action will be taken. If you see this content posted anywhere else let me or the staff here know. Thanks

Index

Introduction

I have set this guide up to help you lot out in beating all 7 of dads scores. The scores are fairly simple to beat and can be done in either ranked mode or in the regular story mode. I have included all the info you will need to know about ranking mode as chances are you will be using that mode to beat the scores as you get 30 medals per bonus you complete. There is two score exploits and they are on stages 2 and 4 (They are the hardest if you do it legit), see the specific posts for how to do those. This guide will help you with the following trophies:

35D.jpg n00b Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Prologue, surpassing Dad's score.

BC6.jpg  Beginner Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 1, surpassing Dad's score.

452.jpg Intermediate Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 2, surpassing Dad's score.

EED.jpg Advanced Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 3, surpassing Dad's score.

E5D.jpg Super Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 4, surpassing Dad's score.

C87.jpg Excellent Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 5, surpassing Dad's score.

3FD.jpg Master Zombie Hunter (S)

Clear Stage 6, surpassing Dad's score.

Point system

• Total Kills: Each zombie adds 500 points to your total score.
  • Zombie Medals: Medals are rewarded for all kinds of reasons, such as destroying certain objects in the environment, killing special zombies and using Nick Shake. YOu get a lot of these for sparkle hunting.
  • Platinum Medals: These can only be obtained by killing a named zombie, or a zombie with a health bar and through sparkle hunting. These are rare though and you won't get many chances per playthrough to obtain them. So you want to use sparkly hunting where I tell you to do it to get the best chance of receiving these medals.
  • Sparkle Hunting: This is when you decapitate 3+ zombie heads within quick succession or one swipe of the chainsaw. Easy ways to activate sparkle hunting are to stun the zombies in one of three ways, one you can use dropkick in a group and that will knock a few over, two, you can use one of Nicks ticket abilities to stun multiple zombies over a short period of time and finally three, you can use star soul by pressing :r2: when the meter in the bottom left is full, this one hit kills all zombies and is very easy to get sparkle hunting. Fill it up by collecting stars in the stages and from zombies. Combos such as Maelstrom Spin with most likely give you sparkle hunting without trying. If you get it on hard zombies then you get a lot of medals.
  • Time: This is a bonus given for how quickly you finish the stage, it's very easy to achieve if you just run everywhere with chainsaw dash in the stages after stage 1. You will not want to explore much when going for dads scores, as that can effect the outcome.
  • Getting killed (Using Continues): You don't want to die or you lose 5000 points, if you do your chances are down the drain for beating his scores. What you want to do is.. not die. Always dodge and be sure to remove bomber zombies as they can be very dangerous.
  • Ranked Mode Bonuses: These bonuses are only available in ranked mode, they include things like 'save all students in this area' etc. The more of these your complete the more points you will get.

General Tips and info

• You can beat Dads scores on any difficulty or mode.
  • You can beat Dads scores without trying if you have good combos.
  • You can move faster with chainsaw dash after stage 1
  • Take advantage of red barrels.
  • Take advantage of blue barrels.
  • Take advantage of Nick Toss.
  • Zombies during boss fights don't count for points (Except Killabilly)
  • Dodge over zombies as soon as you see them attack with :circle:
  • Use Nick shake whenever you can for many medals
  • Stun zombies with other Nick games, and pom pom bashes for easy decaps.
  • If you die and don't want to lose 5000 points, don't press continue on the death screen. Instead, exit back to the stage menu and then select the stage you were just playing. The death will not have counted. Thanks to Terminator for finding out that.

Suggested Combos

• Holy Chainsaw - :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle:
  • Armadillo Spin - :cross:, :cross:, :square:
  • Chainsaw Stab - :square:, :square:, :triangle:
  • Maelstrom Spin - :cross:, :square:, :square:

Ranked Mode General Info

For ranked mode you have the choice of choosing 3 settings when selecting a rank mode stage. The first is score, then time and then finally medals. I played on 'Score' every time as I found it the easiest to beat dads score on. The other modes are pretty obvious for what they do, you get more points for getting a good time on time attack and you get more points for getting more medals on time attack. You will want to select score attack though as that is how I have written this guide. For score attack you just get based on your score at the end.

Remember, if you die that is game over and you have to start from the very start of the stage again. If however you die during a boss fight you get the chance to use 'Lucky Nick' which can cause you not to die. The only really dangerous parts in the game are the birthday cake on stage 1, the baseball game at the end of stage 2 and finally the gondola game for stage 4. The gondola game can prove to be difficult but if you shoot the men dropping things down a few times they will die and stop throwing things.

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue: Parking

This level is set in the grounds of Juliets high school, mainly in the parking lot. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 119,700
  • Time: 11 minutes 4 seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 20 Decaps
  • Zombie Medals: 401
  • Platinum Medals: 15

Suggested Rank Mode Setting: Score Attack

My Difficulty Rating: 2/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square: then. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo).

The prologue is fairly simple, it's easy to beat the score on and it's nice and short stage. What you want to do for the very first part is get all the zombies gathered together in a big group, then try and get sparkle hunting here and not enter star soul mode. As the bus explodes at the start it makes all the zombies groggy, so if you use a long reach combo you will be able to get sparkle hunting easily. I manged to get lots of medals just from this one bit, but don't worry if you don't as my score was way over the required amount. The next area there is and classmate on the floor, wait until all the zombies swarm him (Don't worry he can't die), then go in for the kill and try and kill them all in one attack to get sparkle hunting, maelstrom spin works best. The rest of the level you just want to rush it and use the above combos, make sure to be quick though to beat the time and get the speedy finish bonus if you are on ranked mode. I recommend entering star soul mode when you are in the street with the last classmate and the many zombies, or you can use it to kill Hazmat and friends easier and quicker. You may think using it in the street just before the crashed helicopter is a good idea but it isn't as it is easy enough to get sparkle hunting without entering star soul mode. Remember the medals you get don't count towards the medals you can spend in the shop though. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• No damage taken
  • Sparkle hunting - 4 Decaps
  • All classmates rescued (3/3)

Part 2

• Sparkle hunting - 5 Decaps
  • Speedy finish: Street Battle
  • No damage: Hazmat Boss

These bonuses aren't too bad to complete, remember you don't HAVE to do these to beat dads scores. The first one for taking no damage can be a challenge as there is crawling zombies and they tend to slap you pretty easily, but if you keep using Maelstrom Spin on everything you should be fine. The second bonus is for getting 4 decaps in one sparkle hunting animation. That is easy to do because of the amount of groggy zombies at the start, simply use your best combo you have to get the 4 decaps required (I suggest Holy Chainsaw, but of you don't have that then use Maelstrom spin). The final bonus for this part is rewarmed to you for rescuing all 3 classmates. The first two are easy as they cannot be killed at all, and the helicopter will get them so you don't need to walk up to them to save them. The final classmate can get hurt and you first meet him just after the 2nd classmate and he is up a street lamp. All you need to do is keep the zombies off of him, don't leave him walk off on his own or he may die.

The second part is again, not difficult. The 5 decaps can prove to be a bit of a pain but I managed to get 7 during the street battle. As I suggest you should leave star soul until the end, don't use it in the street battle. Just simply walk up the street to round all the zombies up and then use a long reach combo on them. The speedy finish should unlock if you completed the street battle very quickly, I didn't get it. The final bonus is easy if you have star soul mode, simply activate it with :r2: and then use any combo on the 3 hazmat guys. You shouldn't get hurt because the fight will be over so quickly and they won't have a chance to.

Edited by Viper

Stage 1: Highschool

This level is set in Juliets high school. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ rankng in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 214,500
  • Time: 31 Minutes 33 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 29 Decaps
  • Medals: 681
  • Platinum Medals: 20

My Diffuclty Rating: 5/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). This is a very long stage, as you can guess by dads time. There isn't many places to get sparkle hunting because of the few zombie groups, so I'll leave it to you to work out how to do this stage (It's not that bad if you get a good time etc). For where to use star soul, I suggest using it while in the smoke filled classroom as theres some stong zombies there and it will be good for sparklre hunting. At the very end you have to do the total pain in the ass birthday cake bit, if you want the ranked bonus you cannot use star soul here if you want a bonus. What you want to do is stun them with drop kick for an easy kill, for the running ones just hit them once and they will concentrate on you instead of the birthday cake. Remember to use Nick shake in every part if you have the tickets as you get about 100 or so medals from it which really helps beating his score, remember the medals you get don't count towards the medals you can spend in the shop though. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to furfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• All classmates rescued
  • No damage: Teacher zombie (Fitzgibbon)

Part 2

• All classmates rescued
  • No damage: Police officer zombie (Ryu)

Part 3

• 3 Point shots only: Zombie Basketball
  • Speedy finish: Zombie Basketball
  • No mistakes: Nick zombie cheer QTE

Part 4

• Sparkle hunting - 6 Decaps
  • No damage: Juliets birthday cake
  • Star soul mode not used

Part 5

• Lucky Nick not used during Zed fight
  • Lollipop not used during Zed fight
  • Speedy finish during Zed fight

As there is a lot of bonuses in this stage i'm not going to go through every one of them. All of them are pretty easy to obtain. The only ones that may prove difficult are the 3 pointer one, no damage against Ryu (He has a gun and it's difficult to avoid the shots) and also the no star soul used during the birthday cake. For the birthday cake I highly reccommend not bothering as if you die then you have to go all the wall back to the start again, which is a pain because it's a long stage. Just use star soul at the end to be on the save side. If however you think you can do it without it then what you want to do is dropkick the zombies and that will make them groggy, simply go up to them and press :triangle: to one hit kill them. For the running zombies if you hit them once they will ignore the cake and try and kill you. Repeat until all 24 zombies are dead. Remember, none can hit the cake or that's game over. For Zed just keep countering the electric balls and that will make him rest for a bit. Use Armidillo Spin on him as that does the most damage.

Edited by Viper

Stage 2: Stadium

This level is a follow up from Juliets high school, leads to the stadium. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 161,600
  • Time: 26 Minutes 39 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 20 decaps
  • Medals: 635
  • Platinum Medals: 14

My Difficulty Rating: 7/10

Infinite Score Exploit

You can use this to get as many points as you want, found by FelizP on x360a.

FelizP said:
There is a score exploit for this stage if you have trouble beating dad's score here. After you save the three kids from the zombie cheerleaders and kill Josephine there's a quick-time event that you can repeatedly do for bonus points. In the alley is a rainbow colored jump pad that you must rapidly press :square: followed by a few other buttons while you're in the air. Perform the quick time event and once you land on the railing turn around and drop down and head to the jump pad to repeat for bonus points! It's quite repetitive but you can use the pause button to see what button you should press, which allows you to react inhumanly fast and land 4 events per jump for extra points.

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). This stage was so random for me, but most of it is on the rooftops using chainsaw dash so you rely on time mostly. The places where you will be able to get them though is when you are in the area with the crawler zombies, if you use Maelstrom Spin you can get sparkle hunting on all the groups of 3. I suggest you use Star Soul wherever you feel you are lacking, I used it during the firefighter part in the school as there is a lot of them and it can be a time sink. While you are doing chainsaw dash always run into the groups of three zombies as you will get sparkle hunting. At the very end you have to play zombie baseball, you can get lots of sparkle hunting here if you just go mad with the blaster towards a group (One hit kill all the time on the zombies), I was getting 3 decap sparkle hunting all the time which boosted my score a lot. Remember to use Nick shake in every part if you have tickets as you get about 100 or so medals from it which really helps beating his score. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• Sparkle hunting - 4 decaps
  • No damage: Football zombie (Alexander)
  • No chainsaw dash overheat experienced

Part 2

• All classmates rescued
  • No damage: 4th floor
  • No damage: 2nd floor

Part 3

• Speedy finish: Zombie Basketball
  • No chainsaw dash overheat Experienced
  • No damage: Gym (With zombies on treadmills)

Part 4

• All classmates rescued
  • No chainsaw dash overheat experienced
  • 3 blaster headshots

Part 5

• Lucky Nick not used during Vikke fight
  • Lollipop not used during Vikke fight
  • Speedy finish during Vikke fight

Because of the score glitch on this stage I won't go through the ranked bonuses with you as they are easy enough to figure out yourself and you will most likely use that exploit to pass the score. As that glitch is very tedious I don't recommend doing the glitch in ranked mode, do it in 'Normal' on regular mode, that way if you die you won't lose all your points.

Edited by Viper

Stage 3: O'Bannon Farm

This level is set on a farm. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 294,900
  • Time: 36 minutes 31 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 39
  • Medals: 882
  • Platinum Medals: 27

My Difficulty Rating: 2/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). It is very easy to beat dads score on this stage because of the shear amount of zombies where you have sparkle hunting opportunities, I managed to do it without trying. The main thing you want to do in this level is rush and kills the zombies with the two combos I have mentioned. You will want to use star soul mode early on when you get it as you will refill your meter quickly, use it where you feel you aren't doing so well. At the very end with 32 (You will gets tonnes with 32 zombies) you should use it. You really shouldn't need much help with this level if Juliet is fully upgraded and you have decent combos, just make sure to kill every zombie and get the medals. Also for the mecha chicken, use 'Armadillo Spin' as it one hit kills each head. The trophy will unlock on the stats screen after beating the level. Remember to use Nick shake in every part (You can only do it once per part, a part is what I have written in the spoilers bellow), as you get about 100 or so medals from it which really helps beating his score, remember the medals you get don't count towards the medals you can spend in the shop though. For the fight with the chicken 'Chat' you can lead him to a bus shelter, then as soon as he is on one side quickly run to the other side and he will get stuck on the other side of the bus shelter. Saves a lot of health and time, thanks to Terminator for that info. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• No damage taken
  • No mistakes: Nicks zombie cheer QTE
  • Speedy finish: shooting zombies off Rosalinds bus

Part 2

• No damage taken
  • Sparkle hunting - 3 decaps
  • No damage: On top of bus
  • No damage: Fat old man (Mark)

Part 3

• No damage taken
  • All classmates rescued
  • No damage: zombie chicken (Chat)
  • Speedy finish: combine harvester

Part 4

• Sparkle Hunting - 7 Decaps
  • No Damage: Mech-a-chicken
  • No Damage: 2nd combine harvester

Part 5

• Nick not used during Mariska fight
  • Lollipop not used during Mariska fight
  • Speedy finish during Mariska fight

Right, for part 1 it is very simple getting those bonus medals. There are very few zombies at the start but they have rakes and pitchforks so they can hurt you if you get close by to them. Just stay far away from them and shoot them in the head with the blaster if you can, or use one of the above combos. The the cheer just wait until the button appears and then press it, don't rush or you may muck up, there is plenty of QTE time. The last bonus is for the bus, I'm unsure of what the time limit is but if you use manual aim and spam shots towards the bus you will hopefully hit most of them and then you will get the bonus.

For part 2 you really don't need my help, just get sparkle hunting for the very first bonus which is easy to do if you round up zombies and then use Maelstrom spin. The last two are self explanatory and all you need to do is not get hurt 9You need to not get hurt at all for the no damage bonus). For the Bus just look up at the rocks and as soon as you see the short scene of them beginning to fall shoot them once and they will break. The final bonus you just have to defeat the fat named zombie called Mark without getting hurt. It can be a pain as he throws things and it's hard to miss them. Just keep circling him and then use Armadillo spin whenever you are ready, repeat a few times and he will die.

Again, most of this are self explanatory. You cannot get hurt at all if you want the first bonus, so be careful. For the others simply rescue the classmates and kill Chat without getting hurt (See Terminator's method above for info on how to kill him easily without getting hurt). For the final bonus you have to be very quick here, I suggest just going round and round the field and kill all the zombies that are walking away to the edges and the others just standing there. If your lucky you will kill them all very quickly, but it's luck as you can easily miss one of them.

Follow up from the last one, for the 7 decaps that is going to be very hard as without star soul I don't think it is possible. You will reach a point with loads of zombies, simply round them all up and make them follow you. Once they are all nearby use star soul and then 'Maelstrom Spin'. Hopefully you will kill 7 in quick succession. For the mech-a-chicken just look at the heads and as soon as you see one coming run either left or right. When it gets stuck use Armadillo spin to kill it in one swing. Remember to avoid the bubbles too. The final bonus is very tricky as the handling isn't great on the harvester and they is explosive barrels all over the place. Just take it very slowly and keep doing laps of the field, zombies will always respawn.

Very easy to get all of these, just don't get your health down to zero or lucky Nick will activate. If you go into the fight with full health there is no need for the lollipop. It is very easy to dodge the bubbles and the harvesters. If you always spam the blaster at Mariska and her other forms you will easily get speedy finish. Remember to use chainsaw dash to run over to them quicker.

Edited by Viper

Stage 4: Fulci Fun Center

This level is set in the arcade in town. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 127,600
  • Time: 26 minutes 32 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 15
  • Medals: 583
  • Platinum Medals: 9

My Difficulty Rating: 1/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). There is an exploit on this level so you can beat dads scores very easily, I'll explain how to do it; during this stage you have to play arcade games to progress in the level. You will eventually reach a game where you have to use doors and elevators to move Juliet up to the very top floor to pass the game. While making your way up to the top the lights will go off and you have to do the thing with the QTEs and jumping on the zombies heads to pass. What you want to do is just jump down there and kill the four zombies with your fastest combo (You get about 2,000 odd points per time). Once they are dead you just have to use the elevator again to your left, fall down again and do the same thing as before. When your score is over 60,000 (If you are confident you don't die later on, then do it till about 80,000 points) you can continue on as you normally would with the stage to get dads score trophy. Easy stage using this glitch, also good for medal and zombie farming. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• Sparkle hunting - 3 Decaps
  • All classmates rescued
  • No alarm: Dokuroman (The arena doesn't flash red)
  • Speedy finish: Dokuroman (Pac-man) game

Part 2

• All classmates rescued
  • No damage: Dungeon

Part 3

• Sparkle Hunting - 5 Decaps
  • Speedy Finish: Pong Game
  • No Damage: Stripper Pole
  • Gondola Game: Nothing broken (IE: Don't Shoot)

Part 4

• Nick not used during boss fight
  • Lollipop not used during boss fight
  • Speedy finish during boss fight

Because of the exploit in this stage I'm not going to go through these as you don't need them to beat his score.

Edited by Viper

Stage 5: Cathedral

This level is set in the unfinished cathedral. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 366,800
  • Time: 45 minutes 25 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 39
  • Medals: 1,888
  • Platinum Medals: 27

My Difficulty Rating: 1/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). You really don't need me to explain a guide for you hear, you will most likely get this from just playing the stage your first time going through the story if if you don't die. I'll give you some pointers though just in case you are having trouble. For the hazmat guys at the start I used star soul on them, it quickly deals with them and you don't have to waste time killing the the normal way, so you can just go in there will a combo and deal with them. You can also use it with the many police officers in the construction site area, as these are considered hard zombies so more points for you. You will want to make sure you save one until the very end though with the 32 zombies for mass sparkle hunting. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• Sparkle Hunting - 4 Decaps
  • Hazmat killed with own bomb
  • No Damage: 3 Hazmat zombies

Part 2

• Sparkle hunting - 5 decaps
  • All classmates rescued
  • Lollipop not used

Part 3

• Sparkle hunting - 5 decaps
  • 3 headshots
  • Elevator kept under 900kg the whole time
  • Rosalind's wrecking ball dodged

Part 4

• Sparkle Hunting - 7 decaps
  • All classmates rescued
  • Lollipop not used
  • No damage: Area where you cut the 4 beams

Part 5

• Nick not used during boss fight
  • Lollipop not used during boss fight
  • Speedy finish during boss fight

You do not need to go for these on this stage, it is more than likely you will get this on your first playthrough of this stage. It is very easy and as long as you kill all the zombies and you don't die a lot of times you will beat his score. Just remember to rescue all the classmates as you get a lot of medal bonuses for doing that.

Edited by Viper

Stage 6: Killabilly

This level is set downtown. A quick note, you don't have to beat all the score requirements below. Just as long as you beat the total score the trophy will unlock. You want to aim for A+ ranking in each; Time, sparkle hunting, zombie medals and platinum medals.

Dads Score:

• Score: 80,700
  • Time: 22 minutes 47 Seconds
  • Sparkle Hunting: 13
  • Medals: 219
  • Platinum Medals: 8

My Difficulty Rating: 3/10

For this stage you will want to take advantage of 'Maelstrom Spin' and 'Armadillo Spin', this is all I used throughout the stage, you use Maelstrom Spin by by pressing :cross:, :square:, :square:. Juliet will spin around her chainsaw 360' and it has very far reach, gets sparkle hunting all the time. The other one is done by pressing :cross:, :cross:, :square: and Juliet does and overhead spin which is goof for stronger zombies. Another good move to use is the very final one called 'holy chainsaw'. This kills so many zombies and does a hefty amount of sparkle hunting, you don't even have to be in start soul mode for it to work. To get the move you have to complete the game and it costs 999 medals, it's performed by pressing; :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :triangle:, :triangle: (Don't press too fast or you will most likely fail the combo). For the first bit I was able to get sparkle hunting on all of the zombies you have to kill and that boosted my score quite a lot. For the rest you just want to run as fast as you can with chainsaw dash (Don't stop to kill zombies, leave them alone), make sure you go up all of the boost pads to get more fuel and get the ranked bonus if your on ranked mode. The only dangerous part is the bit with the red and blue barrel and the flying zombies as the red barrel can kill you if your not careful. Make sure to deal with it sooner rather than later. At the end when you have to kill the zombies just before reaching Killabilly use Start soul here as it will be your last chance. For Killabilly, make sure you kill the flying zombies ASAP or you won't get more blaster bullets, when he puts you down you can then start hitting his fingers. When he pulls back to air guitar, make sure you run around in circles with the pickup chasing you, that way the pickup will run over the bomber zombies and kill them, saves you getting hurt. Try and get sparkle hunting on the zombies that here drops out his hands. This is one of the shorter levels and is easy to finish in terms of beating dads scores, as long as you don't mess up you should be fine. Remember to use Nick shake in every part if you have any tickets (You can only do it once per part, a part is what I have written in the spoilers bellow), as you get about 100 or so medals from it which really helps beating his score. The following tasks below are called 'Ranked Mode Bonuses', these are tasks you want to fulfill in each part. For every one you complete you get 30 medals, which will prove to be very useful. I am unsure what the speedy finish time actually is, but it is pretty quick:

Part 1

• Sparkle hunting - 6 decaps
  • No chainsaw dash overheating experienced
  • All cars dodged
  • All speed pads jumped
  • All Killabilly lasers dodged

Part 2

• Lucky Nick not used during Killabilly fight
  • Lollipop not used during Killabilly fight
  • Speedy finish during Killabilly fight

This is a very short level and the bonuses are eays to beat. For part 1 the firt bonus is very hard to get, I was never able to get it. You will want to try and get it though just after the first ravine area after the 1st car ramp. There is a lot of zombies here and if your lucky you may get 6 in one go. For the no chainsaw dash overheat. make sure you hit all the fuel cans and don't use it a prolonged amount of time. It is easy to achieve as long as you don't use it too long in areas without fuel. The 3rd bonus ids very easy, all you need to do is pass all the car QTEs and not fail any of them, which you need to do for a trophy. The speed pads are at the first area and after you hit each one a new one will appear in front, you need to use them all until you land on top of the bus as the end with a lollipop on it. For the lasers, as long as you are behind cover and you are running with chainsaw dash at the end he will not hit you, it's still tricky though. Be careful not to overheat the chainsaw at the end.

The 2nd part id the same as all bosses. Firstly, make sure you don't let your health hit zero or lucky nick will activate. The next one is tricky and I don't recommend going for it because there is a lot of situations where you can lose a lot of health, such as when the bomber zombies are running around as well as the car. For speedy finish, I never got that. It is very hard to do as you have to cut his fingers off very very quickly and that is easier said than done. Most bonuses on this stage you don't even need to beat his score, as long as your quick throughout the whole stage you will beat him.

Edited by Viper

Prologue: Parking

This level is set in the grounds of Juliets high school, mainly in the parking lot.

Stage 1: Highschool

This level is set in the grounds of Juliets high school, mainly in the parking lot.

Stage 2: Stadium

This one :) Only minor but just wanted to let you know :) Very detailed by the way!

• 2 months later...

I've spent an hour trying to do Stage 1 after managing to do the others. It's so infuriating!!!!!!!!!! It's so easy for the cake to blow up, then not be able to see where the exit is with the exploding baby-men, then later miss a QTE press in one of the two junk yard bits. By the time I get killed in any of those I've been playing at least 15 minutes doing perfectly and it annoys me so much that all that time is wasted. I'd try to do the level without going into the trial mode but you need to complete and upload your time for one of the other trophies don't you?

groo, do it on easy. Less zombies, but easier sparkle hunting, and a little more time for QTE.

Thanks, I managed to get it on Easy non-ranked mode :) It didn't help me with the trophy for getting a registered score for the level on ranked, that was still really nerve-wracking :eek:

Do we know what score you have to grind up to before giving up on the glitch for level 2? I don't want to do it too much, or not enough :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One thing I did for stage 2 was when I got to the basketball section, I killed as many zombie players as I could before the time expired. Ended it with about 20 seconds left on the timer. There are around 8 players on the court when time gets really low, and the normal sized ones die in one hit so it's a great opportunity to get points if you're having trouble beating the score and don't want to spend all that time with the QTE exploit. I believe I ended the basketball part with about 80000 points and finished with around 190000 in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, but you won't believe me if I say that (for the moment), the stage that gives me the most trouble is...the Prologue.

I tried 3 times in a row (in Ranked Mode so normal difficulty) and as I did more Sparkle Hunting...I scored less points ! :confused:

Of course I saved the classmates, took all medals I could find and completed the level as far as I could, nothing !

My best score is about 112.000 points.

What gives me trouble is to do the Sparkle Hunting right at the beginning, after the bus explodes.

Maybe I should grind to get more combos and a more powerful character ? :think: