1. 1. Hardest Ranked Mode Stage?

• Prologue
    • Stage 1
    • Stage 2
    • Stage 3
    • Stage 4
    • Stage 5
    • Stage 6

Which stage would you say was the hardest to grab rank on? Either just completing it, or earning a high score?

For me, I had some trouble with Fulci Fun Center. I just kept dying at terrible times.:mad: Not only that, but when I finally did beat the level, my score was pretty low. I just couldn't catch a break there, haha.

If I were to chose a second pick, though, it would have to be Stage 2. The cheerleaders give me more trouble than any other enemy type in the game ... not to mention the infamous Zombie Baseball, haha.

Edited by dmsdq

Prologue - no challenge

Stage 1 - is tough because of the birthday cake. Also has a ton of QTE instant death sections at the junkyard. I found the stage fairly easy.

Stage 2 - The only real challenge I suppose is the zombie baseball. I've never failed while using manual aim, but I can see this being quite difficult for some, especially with auto aim on

Stage 3 - Giant chickens are really the only thing of note, but on normal with all your combos they are easy

Stage 4 - gondola game will be the make it or break point.

Stage 5 - Tons of enemies. Easy if you're not playing on hard. The exploding zombies around the platform with the four legs you must chop down is the only place I failed in all of ranking mode.

Stage 6 - The only tricky part is the falling building while dashing. Just keep picking up the energy cans or you'll get crushed.

So my hardest one will be stage 5 since thats the only time I failed. But there's a big difference in difficulty if you're playing on normal or hard.

Stage 5 - Tons of enemies. Easy if you're not playing on hard. The exploding zombies around the platform with the four legs you must chop down is the only place I failed in all of ranking mode.

Also the part where you have to worry about the weight limit. I got owned there a couple of times because I was sloppy. =P

But you don't have to ace the gondola game. Are you guys forgetting you can shoot? I'm not sure how you could die on the gondola game if you go slowly, you can shoot and kill every zombie in the windows so there's nothing being thrown :think:

I played on normal and really there were no hugely hard parts, most of the levels can be beaten without even using a lollipop. You also get 1 extra Nick ticket pickup in most levels, so use Nick Shake for more lollies.

I would vote for level one, as it has a bunch of sudden death QTE's and that damn exploding cake which sets you back a half hour if you fuck up (which I did...)

Most of the other levels don't have sudden death risks, but hats off if you had the stones to play on hard :eek:

I vote chapter 4 by a long shot. The gondola game at the moment is making me jizz tears of rage and despair. I'm at 16 failed attempts and counting. The worst part is having to play the entire level from the beginning each time. Every failure just makes me more and more stressed when I finally reach the minigame. My heart races and I make stupid mistakes.

But you don't have to ace the gondola game. Are you guys forgetting you can shoot? I'm not sure how you could die on the gondola game if you go slowly, you can shoot and kill every zombie in the windows so there's nothing being thrown :think:

Wait, are you saying you can shoot and kill the dudes throwing things? I thought you could only shoot the things being thrown.

With only Stage 6 to go I'm going to add a preliminary vote for Stage 2 as, for some unknown reason, I failed the Zombie Baseball sequence and I have no Idea why. I Aced Stage 2 the second time though :D!

Wait, are you saying you can shoot and kill the dudes throwing things? I thought you could only shoot the things being thrown.

That's exactly what we mean, shoot any of the Zombies enough times and they will explode and die, thus leaving the way clear :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

That's exactly what we mean, shoot any of the Zombies enough times and they will explode and die, thus leaving the way clear :).

Sweet hallelujah! I had no idea. Can't wait to try this tonight.

Thank-you. This stupid minigame has been causing more stress than my job lately. Finally, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

With only Stage 6 to go I'm going to add a preliminary vote for Stage 2 as, for some unknown reason, I failed the Zombie Baseball sequence and I have no Idea why. I Aced Stage 2 the second time though :D!

I failed the baseball bit a couple times as well, supposedly for no reason. I reckon the pitchers throw the ball at Nick from off screen, taking a large chunk of his health. So you can die quite suddenly. The key is to keep an eye on the pitcher's position and take him out as priority.

*Sigh* Ranked mode has been so much more an ordeal for me than the "No Fear of Heights" or "Medal Racer" trophies.

Stage 4 is the more difficult ranked level. There's too much randomness to the Gondola game.

Guys, you can shoot everything in the Gondola game except for the ufos. Plus your bullets travel offscreen! :dance:

So - move then shoot 'til you hear the guy dropping bombs deres. Gondola game is easy - if you shoot.

Other than the prologue, I found stage 4 the next shortest and easiest stage in the game to both complete and rank in.

Lol I didn't know that either. Now I'm feeling really stupid. :o

Glad to have some company :)

I just got plat. Made it straight through the gondola game on my 17th attempt. As an act of revenge for 16 fricken playthroughs, I shot and killed every single one of those bastards.

See, I knew that [i could shoot things in the gondola game] and I still had some trouble with it. Not much, but it still placed it at a harder difficulty for me. Personally, I didn't find any level to be /hard/, but that one I had to play through more than twice to beat ... thus it was the hardest of the seven. ^^

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...