Game was funny, too bad it's NOT fun or enjoyable

M-Easy

Let me start off by saying that this game is the worst game I've played in 2012 and that's saying a lot. Out of all my time with the game I only had fun maybe 15 minutes total. Nothing about this game was enjoyable. OMG where do I start?

First the camera is terrible. I don't know how many times I was forced to look into the corner anytime I was near some walls and how it would never look at the dozen or so enemies attacking me (and yes I know about :l1: but then it would target a non threat). I guess the camera was to busy focusing on Juliet's ass than worrying about the game. None of the controls were intuitive. Targeting enemies was a crap-shoot. Hit-detection was a joke and Combos only worked when they felt like it.

The bosses were boring and uninspired (with the exception of Lewis). The game had too many pointless sections that added nothing to the experience (Zombie baseball, basketball, driving a fucking weed whacker, etc) that just dragged the game down.

This game's only saving feature was its humor but the constant repeating of lines damn near nullified that. But it did have some damn funny lines (Zed's "you think that hurt, I just jizzed a little, that's all" lmfao) that would make me smile in-between hating everything else about this crappy game.

And this is coming from someone who kinda like Shadows of the Damned, at least that game added decent gameplay to a funny story. But after this I'm done with Sudu51. I cant see how anyone who's ever had regular sex in their life could enjoy this game. I'm sure some horny little buggers got off to the game and loved it, but speaking strictly from a gaming standpoint this game stinks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbSDrGccdHoMml9UKPPuj-r-7k2mDGxfWWwWnKSSCsXFWjn6XObg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game does what it is meant to well thanks in part of the characters/actors/story fitting the cheesy pop genre it's going for. As far as the game itself... just a button masher with a couple decent elements. Getting platinum it got really boring halfway through, then getting all costumes was even worse. I had fun with it and don't regret buying it, but I wouldn't really recommend anyone pay full price for it at all.

But hey, to each their own. Some people defend the hell out of this game like its amazing innovation. Others don't care for it. It's ok for people to have their own opinions.

I think the game served up to what it had it's expectations out to be. I honestly don't believe Suda51 was aiming for the game to win Game of The Year or something spectacular like that. More so I believe this game is kind of an acquired taste so to speak in words to enjoy it. My gf who hasn't touched games in years played the hell out of the game and loved every moment of it. I too am still playing it and enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the game is perfect because it isn't, I mean it does get repetitive very fast, and you do find yourself hearing Nick repeat things (still makes me laugh tho). However I can't say this is the worst game i have played because like I said before it hits where it's supposed to, it's a one of a kind zombie game and there are no others like it. :] to me it's a good game to have in my collection.

I am really enjoying the game. There may be some camera issues but only rarely. I don't generally put myself into a position where it works against me. I'm not sure why the unique sections bother you do much. The Combine part was a little dumb, but the other two were ok, with all of them only accounting for a total of 10 minutes of gameplay.

I haven't played this but I've watched reviews/gameplay footage, seems like it's just a generic zombie game (which is a selling point for me) although I'm obviously put off by the whole pom poms and hearts thing, but it looks like it could be fun and I've never been one to let graphics stop me from playing a game (one of the least important factors after all)

That said, I might wait until it's down to about £10 though

I found this game to be really fun. And believe me, I did not find Juliet hot at all. The control's were just fine for me and I loved the boss battles. I do agree that the basketball and combine stages didn't add to the game. Also, I don't know why you can't pull off your combos because my combos work just fine and I can execute them perfectly. But everyone does have a different opinion. I loved this game and glad it's in my collection.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

Your 'review' looks long. Too bad the parts that you don't like boil down to only 3 basic points. Bad camera work, boring bosses, a few useless things. And I think most people will agree that the camera work and useless things were there. The camera work was an issue, but the useless things were approximately 5% of the game time. The uninspired bosses, that's opinion, can't really argue with you, though I had no issue with them, they were all different and original.

This game was pretty great, had a lot of fun with it. It had a bit too much repetition if you are going for the plat quickly, but that's half your own fault (my own fault). The humour was great, the violence was mindlessly fun, and the sex appeal was just downright amusing.

You have to go into this game knowing what you are getting, as EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME DID. A cheerleader fighting zombies from SUDA51. Gee, I was expecting something deep and enlightening.

tl;dr

128795155887273028.jpg

I still love Shadows of the Damned and Killer7 more than Lollipop Chainsaw, but this game has still been great. There are still far more worse games out there, especially released this year (MIB: Alien Crisis, for example).

Was this game over-marketed? Perhaps. You can blame Warner Bros. Studios for that. But it is still a great and fun game to play.

It's completely nonsensical at times and often crude, in Suda51 fashion.

Fun? Yes. Enjoyable? Yes (even my wife loves playing it). Funny? Yes. Pretty much had everything I wanted in a game made solely for fun.

My only complaint was it was too short, and the story was pretty rudimentary.

Perhaps it's just over your head.

Edited by Zyzxx

I enjoyed the game too, not just because of the character you play as. I haven't played many arcade style games like this before so it's a new experience. It's funny, fun and enjoyable and I'm not bored of it even after 3 playthroughs. Sure, it's cheesy in places but that adds to the game.

All I all, I'm glad I bought this on day of release.

It had a bit too much repetition if you are going for the plat quickly, but that's half your own fault (my own fault).

This we can agree on. But arcade game are supposed to be fun and encourage binge playthroughs. This game was the opposite. It took me nearly 2 weeks to plat this game that is only maybe 6 hours long. Every chapter felt 3 times longer than what it actually was. IDK maybe I'm a bit burned out right now but I do know this game was trash.

Edited by M-Easy

This we can agree on. But arcade game are supposed to be fun and encourage binge playthroughs. This game was the opposite. It took me nearly 2 weeks to plat this game that is only maybe 6 hours long. Every chapter felt 3 times longer than what it actually was. IDK maybe I'm a bit burned out right now but I do know this game was trash.

Haha, I definitely feel you on being burnt out after working towards the platinum. I grabbed it in four days of gaming, and I was like @__@;;

But distance and time will be kind to this one for me. Partly because I played it the first week it was out, and partly because it has such a great community on this forum. =P Wait it out a few days before deciding that the game is garbage, haha.

Will be renting this to see if it's any good, I still think the hearts and stuff is gay as hell but the actual zombie killing looks fun

Lol well I can say this, it's not worst then bayonetta's pointless "Hot top model" poses and useless banter. The game is honestly good man, like I stated before it's not a Game of the year or going to be your favorite game of all time. But it's definitely not trash. I pre-ordered and got the game day 1 it was released, glad I did and not regretting it.

Haters gonna hate, but I thought this game was AMAZING. It's nowhere near GOTY status, but it is quite enjoyable and funny to hear from time to time.

Want a really horrible, dull game with a nauseating camera, terrible graphics, horrible gameplay and a drawn out, uninteresting storyline?

Play Damnation.

1st play was great !! But then it becomes extremely boring :(. When i play games more times I usually like it same (dead space, and other thousands of games) or even more and more (Max Payne 3, Shadows OD) but this is so boring on 2nd play lol:(. And again saying that 1st play was 8/10 nice game!

I just started, the camera is friggin aweful, the comedy in the game is...well to me like shadows of the damned just to a different audience.

I didn't care for the humour in ethier I came for the gameplay!

That said I'm still learning how it all works having past the prologue, not as easy as I thought but it's fun...

I wouldn't reccomend buying this brand new, infact if you squint this is basically no more heroes but a different character, story etc...its how it operates, kinda clunky compared to the likes of god of war and bayonetta but works when...

1.Over powered to the max (play back no more heroes maxed out, its satisfying!)

2.On easier settings, just letting it all hang out

I knew what to expect, not game of the year material, just a quick fun blast, and if all goes to plan...

My 51st plat *wink*