Love Nick Trophy (farming tips)

shinkyo

Just completed the game, big thanks to the 2 guides found here.

The last trophy I gotten before the plat was this one.

I found a great place to farm this, you would want to go to Stage 4 at the scene where you first see the Chop2Shop.Zom shop (you may choose any other stages except the prologue, where you could get to the shop fast). Defeat the enemies first, then buy the max no. of Nick Tickets and use them. Stay at the same scene and buy from the shop again once all 9 tickets are used up, rinse and repeat.

For those of you who had not unlock this trophy yet and is almost near the plat, this is a good and fast way I thought. :)

If you are already nearing platinum and still have many kisses to go, then yes, this is an excellent strategy. For anyone who is just starting, on the other hand, start using the Nick Shake as soon as it is made available to you whenever the game allows. (It takes a few minutes to "recharge".) The Nick Shake will give you 100 medals; a Nick Ticket costs only 30, and you can put the other 70 toward combos and power-ups. Make sure you heal all your wounds before using the Nick Shake, since it also fills up your lollipop collection.

I wasn't keeping count of mine, but I swear I was nowhere near 100 when the trophy popped for me.

I felt the exact same, only used it about 10 times over two playthroughs. Went through a couple of levels using all 9 at every shop and it popped at around 60 or so.

Though I had loads of coins, so just got to the first shop on Cathedral and did loads there until i had spent them all. That levels full of enemies (sparkle the three Hazmats at once just around the corner from the shop to get 99 medals alone) so you can carry on and earn lots more.

Edited by Sharky

Best spot I've found is at the beginning of Stage 5 Cathedral. Start with 9 tickets first, use them all on the first set of zombies. Now head to the shop right after blowing up the truck, dont go too far or the game will save! Buy 9 more tickets then step forward to save the game. Pause, quit, restart level with 9 tickets. Rinse and repeat.

Best spot I've found is at the beginning of Stage 5 Cathedral. Start with 9 tickets first, use them all on the first set of zombies. Now head to the shop right after blowing up the truck, dont go too far or the game will save! Buy 9 more tickets then step forward to save the game. Pause, quit, restart level with 9 tickets. Rinse and repeat.

i actually ended up using this strategy, it works like a charm. fast ,easy and effective.

thanks for posting that.

Load up Stage 5 on easy, use this combo: :cross::square::square: to kill the first zombies and go for sparkling hunting, for bonus medals. Blow up truck and use Nick Shake for 110+ medals, go to auto-save point (right after shop).

REPEAT!

After purchasing everything you need quit without saving and you will have all your medals. Now get to shop again and keep buying and using nick tickets!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qToXxAfj7ik]Lollipop Chainsaw - "Love Nick / Medal Grinding" Guide - YouTube[/ame]

HOPE THAT IT HELPED :D

That actually sounds like an excellent strategy. I'm going to add it to the guide if you don't mind :D.

• 1 month later...
Load up Stage 5 on easy, use this combo: :cross::square::square: to kill the first zombies and go for sparkling hunting, for bonus medals. Blow up truck and use Nick Shake for 110+ medals, go to auto-save point (right after shop).

REPEAT!

After purchasing everything you need quit without saving and you will have all your medals. Now get to shop again and keep buying and using nick tickets!

HOPE THAT IT HELPED :D

This is by far the best method, I'm using it to upgrade, 10000 medals and 100 nick kisses, will take no time at all, I'm getting bout 200 every time, n only need 2000 or so medals, so should be all good in the hood!

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I did as well. I think its mentioend in the guide but when I read it, I was confused. Figure I would outline the exact steps I took in case others find it helpful:

1) Stage 5, kill first set of zombies

2) Blow up red barrel and walk to Chop2Shop but not passed it where it will save

3) Use medals and buy max nick tickets

4) Use all 9 tickets

5) Walk bit further on to save

6) Restart

7) Repeat from step 3

NOTE: I did run out of medals from time to time, so every so often I would use the nick ticket and try to land on Nick Shake. You can only do this once per restart. So I would use Nick Shake, grab the medals, step forward to save and then restart again. Once restarted, do nick shake again.

4) Use Nick Tickets until you land on Nick Shake (you should have several tickets and its not too hard to land on Nick Shake) and get medals

5) Walk bit further on to save

6) Restart

7) Repeat from step 3

Got my Plat for this game now!

• 7 months later...

Does this still work or has it been patched?

Have been farming this for a while and I am pretty sure I am over 100 but no trophy... I will keep going for a bit, and update if it does pop.

/Edit: haha, how about that? It does still work. Next restart of the level and the trophy pops after first Nick toss - was sitting at 99 when I posted!

Edited by Randall Flagg

• 4 weeks later...

I got this trophy yesterday a few trophies before I got the platinum. There's absolutely no way that I used 100 Nick Tickets. I wasn't tracking it, but I used 60 or 70 at most. I'm positive.

One thing I noticed is that when using Nick Shoot, Juliet would occasionally kiss Nick at the very end of the animation. Complete with a sound effect. Has anyone else noticed that? Is it possible that THOSE kisses count?

Edited by TmF1979

• 11 months later...