Rage.

GunBallad

I raged like mad over certain sections because of the cheap deaths, dodgy level design, poor camera, iffy controls and random connection problems, all of which made for a deeply unpleasant experience. The annoying thing is though it started off great but as the game progressed, the problems got worse and worse with the Bunker being the pinnacle of everything that's wrong with this game :(.

Once I got the (P) I put it away and only brought it out when free costumes were released but I eventually sold it and deleted every last trace of it from my PS3. LBP is in my top 5 most hated games ever made.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typos.

Yeah, especially that last side level when going for that "Play" trophy. I had to balance on sticks to get to the end of the level. The game did have some connection problems when playing online, so I ended up trying to not die on any of the levels on my own. It's still a fantastic game with lots of imaginative levels to play, create, and the story levels you can tell they put a lot of effort in.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I was trying to do uncle jalapeno or whatevers first level and those damn contact bombs kept killing me every time (the part with the jetpack) so now I am doing the bunker and I got to the very end of the circle thing and couldn't fall thru the hole without touching the wall I may give up on this game -__-
You can't quit! This game is a mofo at times, but don't quit. Hey, I had almost every trophy and lost them when my PS3 died...so I'm doing this for a second time. Imagine how much I'm enjoying redoing some of these trophies! Acing levels - it's rage inducing from a rage inducing game. I struggled to get the levels aced - forgot some early levels could be a pain.

The Bunker is a horrible level...but if you play it maybe ten times, quit and return later, you'll get it. I just focused on one level and then did something else in the game. Bad controls are the reason for the struggles. Sackboy is too slippy when you need him to stop moving on a platform that you're jumping to quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of parts where you just get "stuck" and can only get out by popping yourself, which really sucks when you're near the end of a really long level that you're trying to ace.

So far, the hardest level to ace that I completed was the second level of the Islands.

Edit: just aced the whole game last night. The only real hard part was the Bunker's big wheel. Other than that, just take it slow. Don't worry about the timer running out during a race portion.

Edited by PratikH

• 3 weeks later...

GearsOfTheDead, are you sure you lost all of your trophies? All you have to do is resync your system, and your trophies should all come back. I had to start my game completely over too, but I still have my trophy progress. I'm missing my stuff though, and I'm not playing through LBP again now that I have LBP2. There's no point.

The Bunker took me so many tries to ace, but even though I was frustrated throughout most of my attempts, I felt accomplished when I finally beat the wheel. Honestly now I have more trouble at the conveyor belt areas now than the big wheel. For some reason, I jump too early and slam right into the electrified lights.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty depressing how many people get pissed off over a game that you're suposed to have fun with...Must suck to be a trophy hunter, then...because aside from doing the trophies for completion's sake, I play for fun. If I keep screwing up somewhere, I realize the fact that I suck and need to get better. Maybe if the game actually was badly made, I could blame it. But LittleBigPlanet remains one of THE best made games on the PS3...And it's fun ^^

• 3 weeks later...
It's pretty depressing how many people get pissed off over a game that you're suposed to have fun with...Must suck to be a trophy hunter, then...because aside from doing the trophies for completion's sake, I play for fun. If I keep screwing up somewhere, I realize the fact that I suck and need to get better. Maybe if the game actually was badly made, I could blame it. But LittleBigPlanet remains one of THE best made games on the PS3...And it's fun ^^

I agree with all you said there. Maybe some people judge the book by its cover and conclude this game is for children so it should be straightforward and easy (like Sly games, I hear). Far from it. This is one of the most complex, refreshing gaming experiences I've ever had. This game really pushes the limits of standard gameplay.

Yes, sometimes my connection wouldn't sync properly and I would try to jump just to see my sackperson reapearing somewhere else and falling slowly like with little gravity, but that's the only downside to the great fun that online team play always is. And yes, some sections of the story levels are very difficult, but don't you like a challenge?

All in all, I think this still is one of the top games out there.

Edited by MMacDiarmid

... This is one of the most complex, refreshing gaming experiences I've ever had. This game really pushes the limits of standard gameplay. ... All in all, I think this still is one of the top games out there.

Agree! I find it perplexing that gamers with tons of platinums rage against this game? I think I'm a rather mediocre gamer yet found LBP & LBP2 the most fun to play & plat. Granted there are a few challenging levels (c.f. the Bunker) but one just needs patience. With the Bunker I just decided to try & ace it a few times per: day until, one day, I got it!

(Reason I think I'm mediocre -- seems like all the time-to-platinum estimates on ps3trophies.org trophy guides are half of what it takes me!? Maybe because the guide writers are all top-tier players?)

• 2 weeks later...

I grew to hate this game, too. At first it was cute and trophies popping everywhere, but once that initial impression went out, game became incrasingly annoying.

I did manage to plat it but it took way over a year simply because I kept getting sick of it every time I resumed.

Unfortunately I still have the DLC trophies to do, so I can't just delete it forever.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, here I am and I still haven't got the platinum in this game. If the main character was Mario I would have been done months ago, but no he is a sack boy... a terrible jumper. :(

edit

Cleared 5 levels now I only have collectors lair, the last city level and then the whole section before the tundra and after the city. -___-. There is a trick to doing the bunker that no one has said anything about in anything i have looked at that made it almost laughable, you don't even have to jump around in that wheel except at the very end before that you can just hold the platforms between the electricity and drop down and grab the next one all the way till the end. -_______-

Edited by GunBallad

• 2 weeks later...

People often talk about the Bunker being the most difficult level to ace, and while yes it was a pain, it was doable for me. In my experience, The Collector was the biggest pain to ace. The thing is, it's easy and I knew exactly how to kill all the creatures, but for some reason I'd always get electrocuted in the cheapest of ways. I must have played it 20 times in a row one day trying to ace it, and failed every time. Then the next day I came back and did it on the first try.

Well tried playing little big planet again today and I am getting more and more pissed than ever before. This game is ridiculously stupid at this point. I can't ace any levels past the jungle.

Well you're not in for a treat: some levels are much harder than the jungle.

People often talk about the Bunker being the most difficult level to ace, and while yes it was a pain, it was doable for me. In my experience, The Collector was the biggest pain to ace. The thing is, it's easy and I knew exactly how to kill all the creatures, but for some reason I'd always get electrocuted in the cheapest of ways. I must have played it 20 times in a row one day trying to ace it, and failed every time. Then the next day I came back and did it on the first try.

The Collector was the sort of level in which you could try to memorize the patterns of the final boss.

Bought this again, as I hated this game being at the bottom in my profile list, almost 2 years after first playing it. Had to start it from the very beginning as I even deleted my profile :whistle:

I'm going to try those online trophies and I have left "Play" and the 100% bubbles trophy, as I started yesterday hearting and publishing levels I fear picking so many bubbles glitch my 100% bubbles campaign. I dunno. Maybe when I'm done with the online side, I'll delete the character and restart the game.

I guess this is a bit late for this game and it will take its time, but I'm surprised anyway that many people are still playing it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got this game after getting a PS3 only a month or so ago, was so excited to play it but now I only feel anger. Jumping up any sort of tilt is a mess, but more importantly changing between foreground and background is a constant aggravation. I don't understand why my Sackboy keeps hopping back and forth when I'm barely touching the joystick, or he hops directly into an enemy's attack when he should keep walking in the background. The final straw was screwing around with the built-in community levels and playing The Cat Lady or whatever. The creator says it's super simple, but then I die twenty times against rapid-fire death attacks because Sackboy keeps hopping back and forth. Screw it. I'm done.