XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Micklight86

Default Is it really okay to copy the "copyable" level's and publish them as your own?

Can anyone explain to me why when I tried to copy a level that was posted that said it was "copyable" it glitched and instead of copying the whole level a huge and very important part of it ended up not working after the level was created and published, but when I played the same level that I copied the part that was glitched in my level worked fine in the original? I was very confused when that happened....I was under the impression that it was okay to copy the community level's that said they were "copyable"....or am I mistaken? Someone told me this was okay, So i had to ask for verification...
Micklight86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
ZOLANTON

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   The Silver Lining   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Submission   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Yes it is ok.... I have copied one of the other levels but I deleted immediately just to see if it works...

Would you kindly bring us the girl and wipe away the debt?
ZOLANTON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
mjfan97

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Word of Mouth - Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Yep... as long as you've changed it to make it your own work.
mjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
RabidJellyfish

Technically it's ok. Not like it's copyrighted or anything.
Morally, no, unless you credit the original author.

Top 5 : Lost Planet 2, Mirror's Edge, Wipeout HD, Rock Band 2, Sports Champions
Top 5 : Lumines Supernova, Braid, echochrome, Super Stardust HD (not including DLC), PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap

Bored? Play my levels! http://lbp.me/u/RabidJellyfish/levels
RabidJellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
OLIVERMC97
Banned

Send a message via MSN to OLIVERMC97

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

If the author says yes then there is no problem copying it.
OLIVERMC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
C-IRVINE-94

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold Submission   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Gold   A+ Thread Award   10,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Staff - Moderator
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

If the author leaves the level as copyable then they don't mind if it's used by other people i think
C-IRVINE-94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-IRVINE-94 View Post
If the author leaves the level as copyable then they don't mind if it's used by other people I think
This^

Providing you say it's ok in the level description or via an in-game note, then it's absolutely ok to copy but you still have to be careful as sometimes copyright claims can be made and the mods will delete your level(s) as a result.

Another thing is, make sure your levels don't have any copyrighted material as they can be deleted sometimes by the mods.

I had some levels deleted a year or so back that I copied but no proper reason was given so be careful .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
TheManUtdFan
Guide Team

Send a message via Skype™ to TheManUtdFan

Awards Showcase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament Champion   Silver Submission   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Staff - Guide Team   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Community Gaming Event Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)

Once I copied a level which had 'H4H' in it and I didn't notice. When I came back a couple days after, my create trophy popped and I had a lot of hearting to do. I had like 300+ hearts.