Is it really okay to copy the "copyable" level's and publish them as your own?

Micklight86

Can anyone explain to me why when I tried to copy a level that was posted that said it was "copyable" it glitched and instead of copying the whole level a huge and very important part of it ended up not working after the level was created and published, but when I played the same level that I copied the part that was glitched in my level worked fine in the original? I was very confused when that happened....I was under the impression that it was okay to copy the community level's that said they were "copyable"....or am I mistaken? Someone told me this was okay, So i had to ask for verification...

If the author leaves the level as copyable then they don't mind if it's used by other people I think :)

This^

Providing you say it's ok in the level description or via an in-game note, then it's absolutely ok to copy but you still have to be careful as sometimes copyright claims can be made and the mods will delete your level(s) as a result.

Another thing is, make sure your levels don't have any copyrighted material as they can be deleted sometimes by the mods.

I had some levels deleted a year or so back that I copied but no proper reason was given so be careful :).