Opinions on DC Level Pack?

I know it isn't out in Europe yet, and the store is still updating and what not, but I'd like to hear how others feel about the level pack, in general.

Personally, I feel like this is the worst of the many LittleBigPlanet level packs that have come out. I like the comic animation points that occur a few times throughout the story, but the actual story is boring and dull. Barely anything new has been added to the Vita version of the level pack to have justified a four and a half month wait, aside from the heat ray.

Having completed the story, I barely have any desire to go back and collect all of the prize bubbles and ace the levels. There aren't really any significantly redeeming points about this level pack, to me.

I didn't exactly love the Marvel PS Vita level pack, but it felt more enjoyable to me than this has, not to mention that I quite liked the DC LBP2 level pack.

Personally, I feel like this is the worst of the many LittleBigPlanet level packs that have come out. Barely anything new has been added to the Vita version

There aren't really any significantly redeeming points about this level pack, to me.

I quite liked the DC LBP2 level pack.

Not to pull apart your post, but I find myself confused.

If you enjoyed the LBP2 DC pack, and this is essentially the same, I'm not sure how it can go from being likeable to the worst pack in 4 months.

I can appreciate the fact that it may seem like the same content repeated, but not everyone has both games, and you didn't have to replay it.

I would also think that having a bit of a gap between release dates might help by making the content feel a bit fresher.

Not to pull apart your post, but I find myself confused.

If you enjoyed the LBP2 DC pack, and this is essentially the same, I'm not sure how it can go from being likeable to the worst pack in 4 months.

I can appreciate the fact that it may seem like the same content repeated, but not everyone has both games, and you didn't have to replay it.

I would also think that having a bit of a gap between release dates might help by making the content feel a bit fresher.

Here's the thing, firstly, why am I paying for two sets of content that are "essentially the same"? Maybe I got the wrong idea from the original blog post back in December, but it seemed like they were saying "okay, we have a PS3 level pack ready now, and then we're going to get a PS Vita one created in the new year (being now)."

I did not read that as "okay, we're going to drop this version now, and then drop the negligibly different PS Vita version in the new year." I didn't expect the two level kits to be as they were. I also didn't expect them to basically blueprint the PS3 level pack and slightly tweak that blueprint to correspond with the PS Vita version of the game.

I'm not saying that the PS3 and the PS Vita packs are the same. They have the same story-lines, and that is what it is. They do have their differences, for better or for worse. I would not say that the PS Vita story-line is enjoyable because it was repeated, but because I did not find it enjoyable. Of course, that is subjective, which is why I asked for other people's opinions as well, to see if my opinion is solely mine, or shared.

When I say I feel it is the worst, I base that comment significantly on the level design. I feel it is severely lacking, even if it is similar to the PS3 DC level pack. While the levels may be very similar, they are different, and in my opinion, not for the better in this case. I'm not going to blame the hardware for the level design, because I've seen what can be done with the Vita, and LBP Vita has had some really great levels, so I wouldn't even give the outsourced devs that as a crutch.

I expected them to be a vita variant of the PS3 pack. I am happy that 20 months later we finally have a level dlc pack for this game. I hated the Marvel pack basically because it was an arcade pack with worse arcade games than the ones included in the main LBP Vita game. The "Season Pass" I also think was a great deal and allows this to be a variant instead of completely original.

I do understand why you are disappointed though and makes sense with your expectations.

why am I paying for two sets of content that are "essentially the same"?

This is why I came here. I was hoping it was cross buy because its basically the same thing I already bought for LBP2. But it looks like MM is double dipping. I'm really starting to hate DLC, especially DLC I would have to buy twice :(.

Its ok so far. Im having trouble trying to publish a level with the Hero Cape though. Ive looked every where and cant find it?

You get the prize bubble "Hero Cape Power Up" from The Watchtower, it is the first prize bubble in your list of 55 (Press Start, Tap "Details" and swipe left to view your prize bubbles and goodies collected)..

Once you have it, create a level on your moon, edit level, open pop it, go to Tools, Power Ups and you'll see it on the top row, put it in your level, save, and then back to pod and publish it for the immediately satisfying sound of a shiny new bronze trophy

Thanks to proskatercam for helping me out with this one! :applause:

Personally, I liked the fact that this DLC was actually playable levels in the LBP fashion.. I didn't really care for the Marvel DLC.. as far as I say it's a carbon copy of popular mobile games like Jetpack Joyride and Boxed In/Boxed In 2 with a little old school shooter/arcade thrown in with a Marvel character theme.

It's more challenging than the Marvel DLC, and the story isn't the greatest, but then again.. other than Batman, what story does DC really have (that are any good lol).. Dunno why General Zod wasn't in there when Superman was.. but what can you do with DC really? It could have been a lot tighter with a Marvel/Avengers themed Premium Level Pack.

Overall, I like the way it plays.. it's challenging (like the LBP 2 levels/boss battles), and it's worth the $6 in my opinion, if you're trophy hunting there's 7 trophies including 1 gold and 1 silver.

Edited by CabalSieben
Derailed in the beginning

You get the prize bubble "Hero Cape Power Up" from The Watchtower, it is the first prize bubble in your list of 55 (Press Start, Tap "Details" and swipe left to view your prize bubbles and goodies collected)..

Once you have it, create a level on your moon, edit level, open pop it, go to Tools, Power Ups and you'll see it on the top row, put it in your level, save, and then back to pod and publish it for the immediately satisfying sound of a shiny new bronze trophy

Thanks to proskatercam for helping me out with this one! :applause:

Thanks for the info...

I like the level pack. The levels are different from the PS3 version, but the concept and storyline are pretty much carbon copies.

The main complaint I have is that the NPC speaking sequences cannot be skipped entirely, which really makes restarting tedious for the Ace runs. It skips the dialogue, but the time in between dialogue boxes remains the same. It's really annoying

Also, this DLC pack is WAY too glitchy!! It keeps freezing during the same spots in levels 2 and 3 and it's very annoying having to restart the same level 5 times due to a bug :mad:

Edited by DaNumba1Rapper

Finished and back to 100%. Finding some of the bubbles is hard, and acing all the levels was quite a challenge. The levels are very long, and while not hard per se, one slight error means restarting from scratch. Most of the levels have a couple of tricky sections, although fortunately the last boss is probably the easiest of any LBP boss.

I would put the difficulty at a solid 6-7/10.

It has been a while since I played the LBP2 DLC, but this felt totally new. Yes, the concept material is the same, but there was virtually no actual content overlap.

Not a simple port IMO, and for $5, better value than a lot of DLC out there (GRID 2 and the $10 a track DLC comes to mind).

Not unreasonable that this isn't cross buy given the difference in content, and fact that the base games are neither cross buys nor ports of each other.

Decent base game, if you're just playing for fun then it's a good add-on. Placeholder storyline, but you hardly play LBP DLC for the story and the gameplay was good with some nice new mechanics keeping it fresh. A few bugs were irritating and it suffered some bad slowdown in places but overall a good set of levels.

Trophies were hideous I thought. So many prize bubbles at the end of long levels and you get a single shot at collecting them or else start the level again. And 'acing' was even worse. Incredibly long levels with some fiddly controls. I've literally spent 6-7 hours acing levels 2, 3 and 4 today. Never had such an unpleasant trophy hunting experience truth be told, very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I like the level pack. The levels are different from the PS3 version, but the concept and storyline are pretty much carbon copies.

The main complaint I have is that the NPC speaking sequences cannot be skipped entirely, which really makes restarting tedious for the Ace runs. It skips the dialogue, but the time in between dialogue boxes remains the same. It's really annoying

Also, this DLC pack is WAY too glitchy!! It keeps freezing during the same spots in levels 2 and 3 and it's very annoying having to restart the same level 5 times due to a bug :mad:

Yeah. I agree on everything. I don't like it's too glitchy, unskipable scenes, and the levels are different. I didn't buy it at first because I thought the levels are the same. Should have known they were the different because I would have bought it day one. Now I'm having a hard time looking for an online partner because it's an old DLC on a not very popular handheld. Hopefully I can 100% soon.

• 3 months later...