Question About 'Get A Life' (24 Hours In Create)

jn_pvfc91

For whatever reason the time I'm spending in Create doesn't seem to be registering. Obviously I'm doing something wrong so was hoping someone could put me right!

I go into Create, start up a blank level and leave the Vita charging for a few hours with a button held down. I've tried leaving it with the analog sticks held down, or any of the face buttons. I check back quite frequently and the screen isn't dark, the button is still held down and everything seems fine. Yet after having it in Create for several hours, I save and then check My Pins and only 5 minutes has registered (i.e. the 'time spent in create' has moved from 135 minutes to 140).

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This isn't something that's just happened once, I've tried many different methods of leaving my Vita with different buttons or sticks held down but the outcome is always just a few minutes of time registered for several hours of Create.

EDIT: I've ended up answering this for myself but I don't think this point is made very clearly elsewhere. Holding down random buttons/the analog sticks is NOT enough to be considered active in Create mode but leaving something in contact with the touch screen is. So for Get A Life, use the method with the cable being held down onto the touch screen (as shown in several videos) but don't just weigh down a button and expect it to work. In my experience it won't.

Edited by jn_pvfc91

• 3 weeks later...

Does the cable trick still work because I'm having no luck with it. The only thing my Vita seems to register as contact is one of my fingers. I used my guitar capo to hold down the chord in lieu of a rubber band as it provides more pressure and still it's not registering unless I physically touch the Vita. Has the game been patched to stop this trick from working or something?

• 3 months later...

Personally, I put my vita on the floor and put my heel on the screen while I use my computer. This way, you can just do what you want with your computer like watching some shows or surfing the internet, not paying attention to your vita. And while doing this, make sure to keep your vita being recharged.

Does the cable trick still work because I'm having no luck with it. The only thing my Vita seems to register as contact is one of my fingers. I used my guitar capo to hold down the chord in lieu of a rubber band as it provides more pressure and still it's not registering unless I physically touch the Vita. Has the game been patched to stop this trick from working or something?

• 1 month later...

My solution:

I tried messing about with the charge cable and using elastic bands but it was so inconsistent and could take quite some time to get it right, and besides I didn't like the idea of messing with the cable too much.

So here is what I am doing, and it works perfectly...

What you will need:

1 rubber glove, washing up glove is perfect.

1 medium sized carrot

1 jumper or cushion or t-shirt

What do I do now?

Attach the charge cable, turn the game on, go into the create screen as normal, put the carrot into one of the fingers of the rubber glove to simulate a finger, place the jumper, cushion, t-shirt next to your vita and place the tip of the carrot anywhere on the vitas screen simulating a finger touching down onto the screen, now rest the carrot against the jumper, cushion, whatever, now make sure that the line comes out from sack boy and that's it, you are all set.

You could try without the rubber glove but I liked how it resembled the size and shape of a finger and also being rubberised it gripped the screen well and did not slip and lose contact which would cause this method to fail.

Don't forget to save between sessions.

Far easier to set up and works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Edited by RabidInfant

• 5 months later...

The best solutions I found for this is : let your Vita plugged in so that it never shut off, put a peach on it and wait. The fruit is heavy enough without being dangerous for your screen and the peel is perfect to trigger touchscreen.

There are just two precautions : obviously chose a new fruit and don't keep it in a hot room if you don"t want it to melt on your console

You can use any cable as long as it is being used. I tried my phones cable and it worked, while the phone is charging of course. Probably depends on the thickness of the insulator on the cable though. Even the headphones work though a bit inconsistent.

Putting your foot on it also seems like a good option, you learn something new everyday :).