An Easy Way for 50 Plays

Alright, I thought I’d create a thread on a decent method of increasing your number of unique players. I am in no way saying I’m the first person to think of this, and do not take credit as I’m sure others are well ahead of me. However, I didn’t see anything here about this, and the strategy in the guide of republishing your level just wasn’t working for me.

Please note that this is not a boosting thread. If you want to get people to play your level, you can ask for that here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/littlebigplanet-vita/172036-community-level-plays-boosting-thread.html

I had a P4P level up, and I was begging for plays here, and all over the internet for about a week. I was pretty diligent about it, and thought I was making good progress, having obtained 35 unique plays in that time period. I played well over 250 community levels with a P4P title, and had only a fraction of them returned. Most of my plays came from the thread mentioned above. Playing one community level, I noticed that at the end it warped me to a second level. That’s when I was tipped off to this idea. Using level links, you can basically put out new levels on the community, and have them all link to your P4P level upon completion.

The first thing you’ll want to do is create a P4P level. I’m sure you have one already. This is going to be a short, simple level with just an entrance and a scoreboard. Publish this, and never remove it.

Your second step is to start creating other levels. I created 4 non P4P levels. You could probably get away with just creating more super short levels, but you need to spend 24 hours in create anyways, so take some time and make something good if you want. Three of my four levels were actual levels, and one was just a dummy level.

The biggest key to success: naming is everything. Putting P4P in your title isn’t going to attract a lot of players. You’re only going to get people who are searching for P4P. People just looking through newly published levels are probably going to skip over you in favor of something more interesting in. I did some testing, and it seems people are drawn to certain things. For example, of the four levels I published, I named one of them “Super Mario Brothers!” and that seemed to generate a lot of hits. Try to come up with something clever and people will be drawn to it.

In these extra levels you’ve created, you’ll want to create a level link using the scoreboard. Once you have your scoreboard down, select it and hit the square button. In this menu, you’ll see a section for “Level Link.” Clicking on that will allow you to choose a level. You’re going to want to pick your P4P level, which should be under the first page that lists all your published levels. If you’re not seeing anything here, make sure that you published your level and that you’re connected to the internet. Do this for all your extra levels and publish them.

For me, it was as simple as waiting for the plays to come in. When I put my extra levels up at around 11PM last night, I had 35 players…now in less than 24 hours that’s doubled to 70. The Mario level I mentioned before has 40 alone. This might not be 100% for everyone, but it’s definitely a lot easier than spamming your level on various message boards, asking for plays.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
Alright, I thought I’d create a thread on a decent method of increasing your number of unique players. I am in no way saying I’m the first person to think of this, and do not take credit as I’m sure others are well ahead of me. However, I didn’t see anything here about this, and the strategy in the guide of republishing your level just wasn’t working for me.

Please note that this is not a boosting thread. If you want to get people to play your level, you can ask for that here: Community Level Plays Boosting Thread - PlaystationTrophies.org

I had a P4P level up, and I was begging for plays here, and all over the internet for about a week. I was pretty diligent about it, and thought I was making good progress, having obtained 35 unique plays in that time period. I played well over 250 community levels with a P4P title, and had only a fraction of them returned. Most of my plays came from the thread mentioned above. Playing one community level, I noticed that at the end it warped me to a second level. That’s when I was tipped off to this idea. Using level links, you can basically put out new levels on the community, and have them all link to your P4P level upon completion.

The first thing you’ll want to do is create a P4P level. I’m sure you have one already. This is going to be a short, simple level with just an entrance and a scoreboard. Publish this, and never remove it.

Your second step is to start creating other levels. I created 4 non P4P levels. You could probably get away with just creating more super short levels, but you need to spend 24 hours in create anyways, so take some time and make something good if you want. Three of my four levels were actual levels, and one was just a dummy level.

The biggest key to success: naming is everything. Putting P4P in your title isn’t going to attract a lot of players. You’re only going to get people who are searching for P4P. People just looking through newly published levels are probably going to skip over you in favor of something more interesting in. I did some testing, and it seems people are drawn to certain things. For example, of the four levels I published, I named one of them “Super Mario Brothers!” and that seemed to generate a lot of hits. Try to come up with something clever and people will be drawn to it.

In these extra levels you’ve created, you’ll want to create a level link using the scoreboard. Once you have your scoreboard down, select it and hit the square button. In this menu, you’ll see a section for “Level Link.” Clicking on that will allow you to choose a level. You’re going to want to pick your P4P level, which should be under the first page that lists all your published levels. If you’re not seeing anything here, make sure that you published your level and that you’re connected to the internet. Do this for all your extra levels and publish them.

For me, it was as simple as waiting for the plays to come in. When I put my extra levels up at around 11PM last night, I had 35 players…now in less than 24 hours that’s doubled to 70. The Mario level I mentioned before has 40 alone. This might not be 100% for everyone, but it’s definitely a lot easier than spamming your level on various message boards, asking for plays.

Good luck!

Its work if you play with randoms and you leave and they follow you in your pod and you enter in your level. Im not sure if they must complete your level but i did the same things in LBP and LBP2

Those two are really great ideas on getting more plays so if anyone is struggling give those two methods a try.

I used 2nd one before and got a couple of plays but first seems to work even better (got like 10 plays for free in a day)

Thanks guys!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
I uploaded a level called "FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE ON VITA!!!!" and I got the 50 unique plays trophy in a few days. Make the title as clickable as possible.

So smart! I made mine "1 Sec Quick Level" and I have 39 plays in 22 hrs... so hopefully i will crack it in a few days at most... I find people search for the 1 sec and quick usually, so it helps a lot.

So smart! I made mine "1 Sec Quick Level" and I have 39 plays in 22 hrs... so hopefully i will crack it in a few days at most... I find people search for the 1 sec and quick usually, so it helps a lot.

Post your level link (vita.lbp.me) so I can boost your level with my two Vitas :)

Also, can we boost the 4 player trophy?

• 3 months later...