How to get 60,000 training wheels

shathe

ok, after having suffered through this for a few hours of play time and not finding any actual information on how to get through this seemingly impossible task, i finally took a closer look at what was going on. the result: 60,000 after four or five tries applying the new technique.

First, a few observations:

1) the timer tops out at 30 seconds (so hitting a marker with 29 seconds on your timer will only give you an additional one second)

2) the timer advance markers (glowing circles) are not evenly spaced

3) the apples make zero difference if you drift through them

first, what you need to work on as you go around is using your boosts when the distance between markers is the greatest. the reason for this is that the timer tops out at 30 seconds so if you hit one with 28 seconds on your clock and it would normally add three seconds you are only going to get two seconds of extra time. the first few markers you drift through will pretty much recharge your timer all the way as you hit them, so just keep drifting through them and save that big boost for when it counts (use a full boost from marker 3 to marker 4 and a 3 or 4 degree boost after the final marker before the finish line. used only three degree boosts for that final straight away every time and still made it). that way you don't let the timer run down too much between markers. essentially, you want to hit the markers at evenly timed intervals as much as possible, so you need to go fastest when the spacing is the greatest.

second, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. when you are approaching the apple turn, drift into it (it's the only time you drift in the opposite direction) while controlling you car to cut straight across the apples. corner to corner, almost touching those rails. don't follow the turn, just drift right through the apples. (it's a bit hard to explain, but when you hit the apple turn you should almost touch the left rail before the apples and almost touch the right rail after the apples) hold that drift just long enough to charge up one boost and then reverse your drift around the next corner. again hug the rails as tightly as possible.

third, always try to keep your drifts/boosts close to the rail, without banging into it and losing your drift. you can scrape it quite a bit on that first series of turns without losing your boost.

you can use the fast take-off trick for the start, but there is really no point because you can pretty much stop for coffee and still have a full timer at the finish line on the first lap.

so, to reiterate: 1) super boost between the most distantly spaced markers. 2) drift straight through the apples, rail to opposite rail. 3) always hug the rail as best you can without banging into it and losing your drift.

i hope this explanation isn't too confusing. it's not really a trick, just exploiting some observations. i don't have any capture capability or i'd post a vid. if you have any questions just ask (i'll try to keep up with this for a while). really hope this helps. it's my first real contribution to the site.

(oh, and i played on the patched digital version, in case you were wondering.)

good luck!

Edited by shathe

Wow...I wish I'd had this info when I was playing. I was so frustrated and played this level so many times.

yeah, there was just no information out there on this level, and what was out there was actually kind of wrong (e.g., the apples don't really do anything if you drift through). it's mostly about using your boosts when they will actually do the most good. sorry, my explanation was so long-winded and sort of crappy. lol. i've gotten a lot from this site so i thought i'd try to contribute a little, even though it's pretty late in coming. :)

Edited by shathe

• 1 year later...
ok, after having suffered through this for a few hours of play time and not finding any actual information on how to get through this seemingly impossible task, i finally took a closer look at what was going on. the result: 60,000 after four or five tries applying the new technique.

Thank you very-very much!!!

You saved tons of my nerves! :)

• 1 year later...