Server trouble

Jyrakos

Ok I've started playing this game and am enjoying it more than I anticipated. However, I've been having massive issues connecting to the LBPK online servers. I can't get through to any community tracks most of the time, can't reliably enter my profile. Most of the time I can't even connect to the online community at all.

I have been having the occasional personal internet issue, so I'm curious if this is an issue that everyone has. If so, I'm thinking the online trophies will be impossible to achieve.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the 100 races online and it's a pure nightmare, servers wont ever work, keep getting the "something happend with the matchmaking " blablabla message, it took me an entire day to get 25 wins with my friend and during that time obviously I cant be watching TV or anything because I need to keep an eye on my game to see if it launches or not, so I really hope the trophy wont be glitched because otherwise it will take forever for me to get my plat because it's my final trophy, I'll cross my fingers, good job United Front Games :applause:

• 3 weeks later...

The server seems volatile at best. Some nights choosing Quick Play will serve up the matchmaking error, but other days I would get in with no problem.

Some match ups would stick me with a player or multiple players and we would be able to race and move to the next race fine, but other times at the end of the race the next race selections would be filled with all eight checkmarks each and it would only offer those four levels after each race - for Online champ this is a drag because you can't win the same race twice, and one level is always a Story VS. level which doesn't count towards the 25 online wins.

Twice I won the race, but the race never ended. I watched as I did my victory lap over and over and over again and there was no way to back out to my pod except to quit the game from the XMB. This may be because all other players leave the race before it ends or get thrown off at the finish line (which happened to me twice, as well) but its really annoying especially when you win and don't get the credit for it.

As much as I found all the Little Big Planet 1, 2 and Vita online trophies tedious, atleast Media Molecule's methods held up and the pin system helped keep great track of your progress. Their servers never failed me, even the Vita version, though laggy like a motha, never failed like this sister of the franchise. They should have taken a bigger page from the original IPs and maintain the server better and track stats a heck of a lot better

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are the servers still down? The last time I tried I couldnt even connect. Wish this fixed it soon, considering most the trophies I have left are online. :(

Were you able to connect? I'm still having problems and cannot connect to the LBPK server.

Only need to get back to finishing 25 dive ins & 100 levels for online. I know the servers are still up as people are getting online trophies and they seem legit.

Anybody able to shed some light as to anything I can try to establish a connection?

The servers are up but I still have not been able to connect. I've been trying at least once everyday for the past 2 weeks.

Don't know if it matters but I've been using the Digital version from the US store that was free. There has also been the problem of missing DLC for the game and online pass from the store.

Well this was little help, chatting with an agent.

You: Myself and other users are having problems with the digital version of littleBigPlanet Karting from the store

Evelyn: Hello _____, I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue. I understand how frustrating it can be.

Evelyn: I'd be happy to look into this for you today.

You: The problem is that it is unavailable to connect online

Evelyn: Thank you ______. One moment while I access your account.

You: ok

Evelyn: Are you getting any message or an error code?

You: No only ingame message of "you've lost connection to the server"

Evelyn: I see, Let me tell you that every single Tuesday PlayStation updates the Store and that may cause some high level of traffic in the Network and some users can experiencing some troubles sing in on the PSN, and some issues with any other activity related with it, please be patience and try it later today.

Evelyn: You can try after 5:30 pm Pacific Standard Time, after the PSN finishes the update.

You: Got the game free with PS+, but don't know if the issue is that the online pass has been removed from the store

Evelyn: Excellent, it has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please click on the following link to evaluate the assistance that you have been given today, we as PlayStation would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much!

h**ps://support.us.playstation.com/ci/documents/detail/5/553/12/a28f9344caa3210c8529d6c36d68bd46b0a66e79

Evelyn: You astill have the PS plus activated.

Evelyn: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

You: Ok, I will try back later today. I've actually been trying for the last 3 weeks though, lol

You: yes PS+ activated until August 2015

Evelyn: Until 08/14/2015.

Evelyn: Besides that is there anything else I can assist you with today?

You: No that's my only issue so far. It just seems strange that those with physical copies had no problems

Evelyn: Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support have a great day.

I've had a similar runaround with Sony for the past hour. Tech support directed me to Sony Online Entertainment, Online Entertainment directed me back to Tech support, Tech support directed me to community.us.playstation.com, and the online agent told me to contact Sumo Digital -- and I'm not even sure they're the developers of the game?

The "Recent Activity" on the LBP Karting site makes me think people are still getting online access ...

https://karting.lbp.me/v/fhl

Any suggestions??? I, too, have a digital copy and PS Plus. Maybe I should just go buy a physical copy and see if it makes any difference ...

Wow sony reps one up themselves in stupidity

Sumo Digital....

Humberto: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

You: I reported this before, and I have talked to other people who have reported this, but I was wondering if there was any info you can update me with regarding the status of Little Big Karting Servers. Many people are having problems connecting, yet the servers are supposedly online.

Humberto: Unfortunately, we don't have further information about it. In this case I would suggest you to get in touch with the game's developer.

You: Its a sony game

Humberto: Let me tell you Sumo Digital is the developer of this game.

You: No they arent

You: Its United Front Games

You: Im saying LBP Karting, not LBP3

Humberto: I understand, in that case you will need to get in touch with United Front Games.

You: ok then.

You: Thanks you.

Humberto: You are welcome, it has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please click on the following link to evaluate the assistance that you have been given today, we as PlayStation would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support, have a nice day!

Contacted United Front two days ago. Received response yesterday:

Hi ---,

Thank you for your email and interest in United Front Games.

We create games for publishers, and have thus far created ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting for Sony, and Sleeping Dogs and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for Square Enix.

We are very happy to hear you are a fan of LittleBigPlanet Karting, and are very, very sorry to hear of what you have been going through with Sony. If it is any consolation, we have been receiving email of this type of several months, now, from around the world. Unfortunately, once we complete a game for a publisher, the game then rests in their hands; in this case, it exists on the publisher’s servers.

Since we completed the game in 2012, we have always referred anyone with questions about LittleBigPlanet Karting to:

Games - LittleBigPlanet Karting - LittleBigPlanet

Help! - LittleBigPlanet

https://karting.lbp.me/

I apologize that we do not have an email address of any Sony staff member who may be able to assist you, as the persons we used to work alongside of on LittleBigPlanet Karting are either no longer at Sony or no longer on that project, and we are no longer in touch with them. I’m so sorry that I have not been of much help to your email.

Best wishes,

Stella

Latest from a (fifth) Sony rep:

After several minutes on hold regarding the issue ...

Patti: "We are having problems with all the LittleBigPlanet servers right now, so I advise that you wait."

Me: "Based on what I've found online, it seems that a lot of people are having this problem, and it's been going on for several weeks. So, how long should I 'wait'?"

Patti: "We are investigating the issue."

Edit: I wasn't trying to be snooty with her over the phone, and the rep was perfectly pleasant ... I'm just running out of ideas. I've been posting the the LBP Facebook page and in one of the Sony community forums as well ... any other ideas??

Edited by mcdonope

In other words, they've washed their hands of this game and don't give a damn :mad:. I really hope that the people who have been hit with these problems manage to work around them somehow, it would suck to miss out on the (P) because of an incompetent developer :(.

I don't think its the dev's fault. The online was working fine for 2 years now, and recently Sony must have broke it somehow.