Stuck in a Traffic Jam!? Don't be!

pilkjaer

Hi!

Traffic Jam is probably one of the most difficult, frustrating and irritating levels in the whole game. Getting 10000 points seems really impossible if you don't want to spend some ca$h and buy the DLC that will unlock all the prizes.

There is a solution that will make this level playable. Just delete all the patches!

If you check a number of videos on youtube where ppl getting loads of points - they are not playing 1.4 patch. In 1.0 patch the level looks totally different. You get MUCH MORE points but everything is much faster as well (I like it better this way). It's more dynamic. And yes, steering is still terrible. Patterns are about the same. Slightly different.

On 1.4 patch I was getting 3-5K points in the end of the round. With 1.0 version (original without any patches) - 5-7K! With a bit of luck I was managed to get 10K points and unlock all the prizes (and platinum Woho!) in just like 10 tries or so.

I had a digital copy of the game so I needed to re-download all the 14GB of the game. If you have it on the disk - just delete game data (backup your saves just in case).

I hope this will help some of you that like me got stuck with 99% complete. Level is just unfair in 1.4 patch version.

Edited by pilkjaer

Wow, simply pathetic.

Clearly they only patched it to be harder just to get the unlock packs sold better. Whole game reeks of milking cash. First time you launch, they recommend you to buy costumes and other useless shit. All the dlc stuff is in the menus even if you haven't bought them, just to inform that you should buy them.

I think the training wheels was patched to be harder as well, took numerous tries even though i was about second per lap faster than one video where the 60k was easily reached.

Really glad i got the game for free on plus and didn't buy the unlock pack. Don't want to support this kind of dlc promoting.

Wow, simply pathetic.

Clearly they only patched it to be harder just to get the unlock packs sold better. Whole game reeks of milking cash. First time you launch, they recommend you to buy costumes and other useless shit. All the dlc stuff is in the menus even if you haven't bought them, just to inform that you should buy them.

I think the training wheels was patched to be harder as well, took numerous tries even though I was about second per lap faster than one video where the 60k was easily reached.

Really glad i got the game for free on plus and didn't buy the unlock pack. Don't want to support this kind of dlc promoting.

Yeah. This suxx. I also got the game via PSN+ so I was thinking if I should get the DLC or not. On the other hand I don't like the idea as such to buy something that should be obtainable. Also it was the last prizes I needed, so I didn't want to pay just for 2 prizes and platinum. Anyway - it was totally different level on 1.0 and 1.4 versions.

• 1 month later...
Hi!

Traffic Jam is probably one of the most difficult, frustrating and irritating levels in the whole game. Getting 10000 points seems really impossible if you don't want to spend some ca$h and buy the DLC that will unlock all the prizes.

There is a solution that will make this level playable. Just delete all the patches!

If you check a number of videos on youtube where ppl getting loads of points - they are not playing 1.4 patch. In 1.0 patch the level looks totally different. You get MUCH MORE points but everything is much faster as well (I like it better this way). It's more dynamic. And yes, steering is still terrible. Patterns are about the same. Slightly different.

On 1.4 patch I was getting 3-5K points in the end of the round. With 1.0 version (original without any patches) - 5-7K! With a bit of luck I was managed to get 10K points and unlock all the prizes (and platinum Woho!) in just like 10 tries or so.

I had a digital copy of the game so I needed to re-download all the 14GB of the game. If you have it on the disk - just delete game data (backup your saves just in case).

I hope this will help some of you that like me got stuck with 99% complete. Level is just unfair in 1.4 patch version.

Thanks for this tip. I'm really stuck on this level. Could you please explain to me exactly how to delete the patch without deleting my save data? I have a digital copy from PS Plus.

Thank you.

Thanks for this tip. I'm really stuck on this level. Could you please explain to me exactly how to delete the patch without deleting my save data? I have a digital copy from PS Plus.

Thank you.

No way to delete just the patches if you have the digital version. You have to delete it fully and then reinstall. When you boot it up, just don't install the patches

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried about 15 times on normal and felt this was impossible to complete. Switched to casual and after 3 tries I got it. Just go slow, avoid the boxes and go for the bubbles as much as possible. Also do not move when the camera goes around corners. It is MUCH easier on casual. All you have to do is get to 10000 points during the level and you can switch back to normal. I avoided having to re-download 14 gigs worth of game.

Edited by port3672

• 1 month later...

I beat it with the newer patch and didn't have any difficulties. It's possible to get 6k in the first lap if you have precision timing, you can chain up a bunch of lines of score bubbles and go up to 10x multiplier. Sure it takes a lot of tries to get the timing right, but once you nail it. The rest gets easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

to be fair it looks like it was actually patched for a reason. on the unpatched version, i noticed once that i died a couple seconds after the 8,000 point prizes/notification flashed on the screen. then, when the scoreboard came up i had like 7,600 or something. i think they patched it because the scoring calculation system was messed up. ...and yeah, this level sucked...

• 10 months later...

I have to say and (sorry I cant remember your name) but this is a worthy tip and I can vouch for this like many others and ok I'm still trying this level but its definitely more playable I'm getting around 8k 9.3k where as with the patch I was only getting around 5k max so huge improvement overall so this tip does work, all I say is to anyone just take your time (hence the traffic jam) as you get more points as someone else said. All I say is (sorry I still cant remember your name..lol) well done for the observation:applause:!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was worried about this one but I gave it try and got it 4th try using the d-pad. Analog stick is much harder, infact the first 2 tries were analog and the scores were below 5k both times. Its much easier with the d-pad. I did not uninstall any patch. Good luck

Edited by luigino0911

• 1 year later...