LittleBigPlanet Karting in Development

iBuzz7S

Destination PlayStation has been hot this week. Due to a leak, Sony have come out and confirmed the title.

http://speedcap.net/img/648081f70ee4b394bbcc9ea088f217b0/c4dfd51d.png

Source: Twitter

Edit.

The image which sparked Sony to come out and confirm.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/121/1218259/littlebigplanet-karting-20120208021915956.jpg

Edited by iBuzz7S

MM were supposed to be working on a new IP but there going back to their LBP roots? Why do we need a LBP Kart Racer when we have Modnation Racers?

That's what I'm thinking, there's already ModNation Racers, do we really need another customizable kart game?

But then again we do have MULTIPLE clones of games that actually turned out better than the originals. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh dear, is this really necessary? Like others have said, we have ModNation Racers, but it's actually possible to make levels like this in LBP2 anyway. In fact, I've played levels like it. Just put a game camera on a controlinator (I think, I've never tried it myself) and there you have it. Hopefully it isn't a full retail game, but merely just an unattached DLC/PSN game similar to that of Festival of Blood :|

Edited by fletchar2

I dont mind LBP Karting at all(probably cause I never played Modnation). But they really should try something diffrent. They know how to make succesfully games like lbp, why not try to expand their area of gaming.

Probably because LBP is so popular they know people would buy another game in the franchise anyway. I think MM has run out of ideas and I have a inkling that they will slowly go down hill. I hope I'm wrong though.

I find it funny how so many popular platformers end up with a racing game....

Mario Kart

Diddy Kong Racing

Crash Team Racing

Didn't Jak and Daxter even have one? :eek:

Both of the last two on that list are from Naughty Dog. Both were the 4th installment of the franchise. Let's hope they don't bring this out following in the same pattern:

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/uWLz3.jpg

Yea!! :mad:

We already have ModNation Racers, therefore we should NEVER have another game where you can race on karts and [potentially] create tracks!!!

:facepalm:

What is the harm in having another one? I personally wasn't too fond of ModNation Racers, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good as LittleBigPlanet (but as a Kart Racer, that is).

MM were supposed to be working on a new IP but there going back to their LBP roots?

Just because Mm are known as the LBP devs doesn't mean they'll be working on this one, they've made 2 out of 4 LBP games. Even if they're developing this I don't understand how they're going "back to their LBP roots" as Mm have never created a racing game.

Why do we need a LBP Kart Racer when we have Modnation Racers?

It's nearly 2 years old, the loading times are too long, getting your creations noticed have been near impossible since day one making the 'create and share' elements pointless. It's about time the PS3 got a great kart racer.

Probably because LBP is so popular they know people would buy another game in the franchise anyway.

Partly true but announcing MNR 2 not long after Road Trip has been released isn't just how things go even if it is developed by a different team for a different platform.

I think MM has run out of ideas and I have a inkling that they will slowly go down hill. I hope I'm wrong though.

So if they're developing this that means they have ran out of ideas? Seriously? :facepalm:

MM were supposed to be working on a new IP but there going back to their LBP roots? Why do we need a LBP Kart Racer when we have Modnation Racers?

Just because Mm are known as the LBP devs doesn't mean they'll be working on this one, they've made 2 out of 4 LBP games. Even if they're developing this I don't understand how they're going "back to their LBP roots" as Mm have never created a racing game.

This tweet did surface during the event last week...

https://twitter.com/#!/PSM3_Magazine/status/167213526757281792

More on LBP Kart Racing here. It's by the ModNation folk. It'll be good, but typing this hurts

So rumor is UFG is doing it. Pretty mixed feelings about that if it turns out to be true...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...