Level query

xCraigy

Hi guys. So I'm having a bit of trouble with a level I've just published. The checkpoints are extremely inconsistent. I've tried deleting them all and replacing them but when I die I'm still being sent to the wrong ones, since this is a race themed level, this is extremely defeating the purpose. I don't know how to fix it but it's becoming an annoyance. I don't want to leave my level published when it's like this because it's not fair to those who play it. If anyone can help put me out of my misery and knows how to resolve it could you please let me know. I'm looking for swift replies hopefully, I really want to crack on with this platinum.

It sounds like you need to use player sensors to activate the checkpoints.

What you do is wire a player sensor up to a checkpoint that is ahead so when Sackboy drives/runs/whatever past the sensor it will activate the checkpoint further ahead so if you do die you'll respawn at the correct position, hopefully this has helped although it is kind of complicated to explain in text. I believe what I told you should work if done correctly.

It sounds like you need to use player sensors to activate the checkpoints.

What you do is wire a player sensor up to a checkpoint that is ahead so when Sackboy drives/runs/whatever past the sensor it will activate the checkpoint further ahead so if you do die you'll respawn at the correct position, hopefully this has helped although it is kind of complicated to explain in text. I believe what I told you should work if done correctly.

Thanks for the reply! Your suggestion was my initial response but it had no effect. When looking into it I realised the checkpoints become varied (no matter what precautions you take) when you switch the level to a versus mode.. I presume since it's multiplayer based and is therefore unreliable on where the other guy's going to be, I'm not really sure. Anyway, I switched my level to cooperative and all was fine. There is a workaround involving emitters but I'm way too lazy to do that :p .. Hopefully this may help someone in the future though.

You probably set it as a versus level, right? In versus levels you have no control over the checkpoints; you'll always spawn at a random one when you die. You could always make it a co-op level, but then all the players would have to stay on the same screen. I had the same problem when I tried making a race level, and I still haven't fixed it :(

You probably set it as a versus level, right? In versus levels you have no control over the checkpoints; you'll always spawn at a random one when you die. You could always make it a co-op level, but then all the players would have to stay on the same screen. I had the same problem when I tried making a race level, and I still haven't fixed it :(

Yeah, that's exactly what it was pal.