Manic Melter Gold Help?

duck360

I can get all gold except for this one , the steering is hell in this one so I need any hints or tips on getting it's gold , thanks in advance

Edit : Nevermind got it , I will post a video on how to do it cause this is by far the hardest challenge in the game as there is no room for error , you have to get all the stars and get the bonus for boiling

The trick here is to fire up the deviant 4 times ( up then down with your finger 4 times ) only if there is 6 pots , it will go red so wait for the 2 robots hiding to appear then destroy them then boil the one that is alone until you see the pot with gold color + bubbles then quickly move on to the next one clockwise is better then do the same as the first pot , this way it will take time until it starts to shine , as for getting all stars you can see a light before they come so u know where r they dropping next .

Edited by duck360

I was just going to create a topic on this. I struggled with this level too, until I realized the trick: For the later stages when you have flying and pouncing robots, wait for the robots to appear on screen, and take them out, before you start boiling any deviants. Also, staring with stage 3, always boil the lone deviant first.

For example, stage 8 has a flying robot, a robot that pounces in the middle of the stage, and two in the background. Line up the boiler so it's on the lone deviant (so you can boil it and then go counterclockwise after), and wait for the robots to appear. Kill them, then suppress the robots in the background in the trash cans (for lack of a better description).

Then, wait 8 seconds, and the flying/stomping robots will come back, as well as the trash can robots. Rinse and repeat. I believe they will come back one more time. Rinse and repeat. Once the game gets to the point where only the trash can robots are appearing, then you can start boiling. This will make your life much easier, and the trash can robots only take 2 or 3 taps to suppress, so little time is wasted.

Also, I rubbed sideways, not up and down (lol), as I found it much more natural. The rubbing direction does not matter (lol again).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually enjoyed getting golds in all other chellenges till this. Most frustrating chellenge. U must have all perfect boils and pick up all the stars. I may end up breaking my vita soon.

Last gold left, going to take a long break before trying again for it. Got 23.950 need 24.500 for gold.

Edit: F@#%$$ U melter, finally got it.

Edited by Raaght

This was actually one of the easiest gold medals to get. All you do is kill the bots, then rub til they boil. If you can catch all the stars you are good. The posts in this thread make the mini game seem confusing. I had a much tougher time dealing with calamity and tower. Those were some of the hardest games to get gold. Thanks for the tips though about killing the bots THEN doing the boil.

• 9 months later...
This was actually one of the easiest gold medals to get. All you do is kill the bots, then rub til they boil. If you can catch all the stars you are good. The posts in this thread make the mini game seem confusing. I had a much tougher time dealing with calamity and tower. Those were some of the hardest games to get gold. Thanks for the tips though about killing the bots THEN doing the boil.

When I first tried this mini game out I was like "Wtf, this is ridiculous!" After a while of getting into it the hardest part was doing the whole thing clockwise because if you went too far to turned counter clockwise and you miss the trophy.

After you get into being able to go counter clockwise and collect all of the stars (which is where the trophy name "the right way is the wrong way" probably came from since it's impossible to get all the stars moving clockwise" and like the OP said rub until the bots/parts melt and then kill the bots then boil all of them next it was easy. Just turn the gear slowly and carefully as to avoid over shooting it. The tower of boing remains to be the hardest challenge for me. Mainly because you have to hold the Vita with one hand and NOTHING else can be touching the back but one finger on your other hand the whole time otherwise you can't move the platform. Currently 26/30 Gold ships :)

• 5 years later...