What is the trick on the racing levels?

tbond22

So I gave up on getting the platinum because getting a gold on some of the levels is damn near impossible for me. I would however like to get get all the other trophies. Is there a trick to getting through the racing levels? I managed to get a silver on 1 without finishing the level, but the water level has a trophy were you finish with less than 20 stars. It is very hard to maneuver through the level without hitting stuff or getting caught be the big robot that is chasing you. Any tips?

I got gold rockets for both racing levels ( and the respective trophies) and i have to say it takes practice and mastering of the controls; specifically, you have to know how much you have to sway the console to move around as well as when is the oppurtune time to boost and when you have to slow down so you don't take a hit. The best time to boost is when its an open area as well as straight paths that you know you can make

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

people say you don't have to use boosts to finish a level besides when you make a mistake BUT that is false. I have tried that method and I get caught eventually. I have made really good runs at the same time BUT I miss quite a few coins landing me just short of gold each time. VERY frustrating... I agree that practicing and memorizing where objects are def helps you in the long run but it requires a lot of playthroughs to do so.