Definitely cool.

Talon

Just played through it first time. Right now I'm in that curious state of mind you get after watching a David Lynch shortfilm. Jumping right back in straight away, and not just for trophies, but because it was damn awesome.

• 6 months later...

If by "damn awesome" you mean pointless, unsatisfying, unchallenging, uninteresting, ugly and overall an horrible experience and fail at interaction, then yeah, it was damn fucking awesome.

The only good thing in linger in shadows is the technical aspect which is pretty solid, but ALL THE REST of the experience totally annihilates that point.

If by "damn awesome" you mean pointless, unsatisfying, unchallenging, uninteresting, ugly and overall an horrible experience and fail at interaction, then yeah, it was damn fucking awesome.

The only good thing in linger in shadows is the technical aspect which is pretty solid, but ALL THE REST of the experience totally annihilates that point.

totally agree, the worst piece of shit ever

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

You guys seem to be missing the point, this isn't a game its an experiment into an interactive art medium. So this isn't meant for everyone and its definitely not pointless because in time there could be a whole new gaming genre called art. We've already seen successfull applications of this technique such as flower and possibly even more to come. Linger in shadows could be the begging of a whole new genre.

I didn't think this game was terrible at all. I actually enjoyed it. Like the above poster says, it's an interactive artistic experience with a fantastic orchestrial score. I actually would like see some kind of a sequel to this kind of experience, maybe something that'll explain this story a bit more. I also love how they let you download the music off the psn store and let you put it on your psp, that's awesome. I think what intrigued me most about this experience is that you really get to sorta be a part of the art, like when you shake the controller enough at a certain segment you sorta go into like this alternate demension of sorts and see some awesome special effects descriptive to the respected sigil. Awesome.

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse the creators of Linger in Shadows by making something original and exciting instead of making an over rated first person shooter or something else that is unoriginal.

I found this the WEIRDEST game ever. I paused it and I thought I broke it(somehow) then I quit it and got 2 trophies... AND I DON'T KNOW HOW!!!!

You got those two trophies by completing a stage, no need to over react. Oh and it's not a game.

totally agree, the worst piece of shit ever

May be your opinion, currently the worst piece of shit ever is Terminator Salvation the game. If Linger in Shadows was "the worst piece of shit ever" then why has it been in the top downloads for almost a year?

ok... I guess i'm not buying this game :-)

If you have an interest in art, and want something new and refreshing get the game. Most people that hate Linger in Shadows for a few of the reasons, no appreciation of art, it's not a game, no random killing, "too weird", the list goes on and on.

I am getting sick of these biased opinions about the interactive art.

Edited by Lord Tony

• 2 months later...
May be your opinion, currently the worst piece of shit ever is Terminator Salvation the game. If Linger in Shadows was "the worst piece of shit ever" then why has it been in the top downloads for almost a year?
i think because many people downloaded it for easy trophies.

personally, i find this game something different. and i think the best genre for this is the interactive art.

the picture looks really beautiful (i took some good-looking screenshots in a high resolution), the sound and visual effects are also good.

i never seen something like that so i don't feel sorry for experiencing it. even thought the experience is really short.

there's no challenge here though, this game is not about challenging: for some people it's about the easy trophies, for some people it's about something interesting and different from the others.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2935032669_5b28aced21.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2935056095_004337ae91.jpg

Edited by VladimirBy

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...