The harsh truth about this game.

fran

so i had £2 left in my psn wallet and was just browsing the psn store and i stumbled upon this game for £1.99 so i thought what the hell everybody i know has this game with 100% trophies so i thought i would do it i brought it and then started playing, What The Fuck that was my first thought anyway i grinded through the 6:50 video and 6 trophies popped for nothing so im thinking okay played it again anyway 54 minutes later i had it 100% and now thinking back i paid £1.99 for 16 trophies this is the crappiest piece of shit ive ever scraped off my boot i literally paid £1.99 for 16 trophies (i have a trophy issue) what do you think of the game though....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder if it's the first wave of an expansion that the industry will soon see. Most people wouldn't classify it as a "game", but its interactivity leaves it with little else to be classified as. But what if say Adobe decided to release a product for consoles, and packaged it with trophies/achievements? I see potential. Most gamers won't care too much, but casual artists will.

Just a random thought.

This is not a game, but an interactive video. I think it was worthy not only for the easy trophies but mostly because it's different and the graphics (from an artistic point) and music are very good.

You speak so much sense!

This isn't a game, it's interactive art.

And if you thing 6:50 is grinding, god help you.

For £2 you can't complain, and for that pricepoint U don't know what you was expecting.

Maybe you should find out what you're buying before you do buy it, next time.

Lol anyone calling this a "game" should have read the description first. I guess it really takes someone who likes art to truly enjoy this interactive art. I really loved it, when I first played it I had my surround sound on pretty loud and it was like watching a movie while having to move the controller to get to the next part. It's pretty good and it's something I've "played" a couple other times when I didn't feel like getting into serious gaming or was just simply bored. Bummer that it was only 6:50 though. But I guess for the price it's bound to be short.

Edited by ThisIsWar

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm as liberal, experimental, and most importantly weird as they come in terms of personal taste, and I still found this game insufferable. This makes .dentuned look downright fun.

If I made a terrible excuse for a game, I'd call it Interactive art, too. If it were really underground interactive art, it wouldn't want or need trophy support. The difference between this and .detuned is at least .detuned was weird in a cool way. This was just... a waste of time. I deserve a gold trophy just for sitting thru this game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had bought the game quite awhile ago hearing it had easy trophies. For the fuck of me i could not figure out how to play the damn thing. lol

I was just bored and looked for a trophy guide and knocked the trophies out in about 20 mins.

Definitely a weird experience, I still don't know what the hell i just witnessed.

Ah, the ignorance of people today. Linger in Shadows was exactly what was in the description: interactive art. I treated it as such, and found it very interesting. The environments and scenery were very well detailed as well as the "creatures". It was a great experience to go through, and anyone who says otherwise is just pissed off because they can't grasp what art is, only "SUPAR AWESOME BAD GUAI KILLINGZ"