When they say "In One Sitting..."

swotam

So a quick question regarding No Point in Dying.

When they say "Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths", what do they mean by "one sitting"?

Can you pause the game and Continue later, or do you have to basically run through the entire thing without any pauses, etc?

Just curious since I play on my Vita while commuting so that's usually an hour of playtime each way, with the game paused while I'm at work.

It means literally what it says i.e you have to finish the game in one go without stopping.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1119/12.jpg No Point in Dying (S)

Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths

Chapter select will NOT work. This is not going to be that easy. Essentially, you are going to play the game a few times, and constantly repeat the areas you die on till you smooth that section out. This will prepare you for the complete run in one sitting with five or less deaths.

I suggest you start with a few runs from the first hotel sign till the end and smooth that portion out first. I did the last chapter a few extra times just to get the timing down. That last chapter is under ten seconds if done right, yet so very dangerous. Now you are prepared for the complete run.

An optional step is to watch the videos on a separate screen, and every little bit, pause the video and play that section. You need to go back and forth, but it might help with some of those stupid deaths. This would be way too boring, tedious, and might actually make you lose focus on a real run for this trophy. Do it once, if at all.

You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game". Relax and play through the entire game again, writing down where/how you died each time. After you are done with the entire play through, go to those sections via chapter select and get that section done with no deaths. Do yet another ten second practice run of the final chapter, as it is so dangerous. Now you are ready to start the entire game again. Again, chapter select will NOT work for this trophy; You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game". Repeat the process in this paragraph till you manage a single play through with only 5 or less deaths.

Thanks to Bailli3Boyyy for the walk though videos:

Thanks for the responses, I understand that I have to play the whole game through without dying more than 5 times, and without using chapter select, but does that mean you cannot pause and resume the game?

With the Vita, it will go to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity to save battery and the game will suspend where you left it, then resume when you turn it back on. The game is basically paused during this time. It just picks up where you left off.

I guess I'll have to try and see, it's not like the PS3 where you can just hit the Start button to bring up the options menu and then go take a break for a few hours...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I started the game, played more than half with two deaths, than hit Start button for pause menu. I came back in hour or so, wake up Vita from sleep mode, and finished the game with one more death. Trophy popped.

So, it is confirmed, when you pause the game via Start button (PS button not tested), and Vita will go to sleep mode, trophy will still pop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You absolutely 100% can pause and suspend (PS button back to Vita system menu) the game without compromising the trophy on Vita. Just don't close the game or return to the in game menu and you will be good to go.

Edited by loesjoel

How is that a trophy 2/10.....it is not an easy trophy....certainly not the hardest trophy I have earned but in no way shape or form a 2 aka easy trophy...also u don't even have it...part of the difficultly...u die on easy sections...when I finally did it, I died on all easy sections and nailed the hard sections...

it's done for me.. died 3 times in last 60 seconds of the game ;)

Wow, pretty close call for a 2/10. :p

For the people worrying about finding time to do it in one sitting, it's really not a problem. Use chapter select to practice the hard parts, and once you know what you're doing the whole game will take about 90 minutes.