Details Emerge on LIMBO Developer’s Next Title, Concept Art Inside

dividedbyn1ght

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/project-2-feature.jpg

If you’re a fan of Playdead’s black and white side-scroller LIMBO, listen up, as details on their latest title, codenamed “Project 2″ have made their way onto the web.

The first image – be it concept art – can be seen above, and while it clearly is a departure from their prior title, it still bears a striking resemblance to LIMBO. Late last year, Playdead CEO Dino Patti shared a few brief details on their next game, claiming it will be “more crazy than LIMBO.”

Thanks to a report from the Dutch Film Institute, we finally have a few tangible details about the game. According to the source, “Project 2″ features “unique puzzles” and tells “the story of one boy’s struggle against evil forces through questionable experiments on human bodies.” Sounds pretty dark, and a whole lot like their first game. We here at PlayStation LifeStyle were truly impressed with LIMBO, so if “Project 2″ can manage to recapture that same disturbing charm, we’re sold.

Details Emerge on LIMBO Developer's Next Title, Concept Art Inside | PlayStation LifeStyle

See, I disagree with you on it being "clearly a departure" from Limbo. It looks like we're still dealing with the macabre and grim. Even the art, while in 3D and color, still remind me of Limbo a bit.

I am so excited for this game, and will be buying it Day One. =P I have as much faith in Playdead as I do in thatgamecompany!