I Seriously Expect DLC

zpam

I'd love some DLC, but I expect them to just get cracking on Limbo 2 instead.

What if Activision bought the rights and made Limbo 2?

In other news:

Playdead CEO Dino Patti has told VG247 he doubts we’ll see anything from the next big thing from the Danish studio in 2011.

Patti made mention of the new IP in an interview in October last year, but didn’t go into any more specifics at the time.

But in terms of showing it this year, it’s probably not going to happen.

“I doubt you will see anything this year,” Patti told us in an interview that you’ll see in full shortly.

“The new IP has been in development since Limbo launched. We have of course had our hands full with porting and ensuring that Limbo launches successfully on PSN and PC first.”

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/15/playdead-ceo-doubtful-over-showing-new-ip-this-year/

• 6 months later...

I don't think there needs to be any more Limbo. Adding DLC would take away from the implied story that we get to enjoy from the game as it sits now. While it's totally possible to create more puzzles and have them be fun and challenging, the linear nature of the game is part of what makes it so awesome.

As far as "Limbo 2" goes, that just sounds awful. A sequel wouldn't make sense unless we as the players are supposed to believe that this series will take a Mario/Peach concept like his sister needing to be found AGAIN and make it work.

Limbo has clearly created a lot of buzz and allowed developers to look at new ways to create and tell their story and feature their gameplay. I think it would be best to leave the game as it is so that we can continue to enjoy it, not ruin it.

• 11 months later...