Limbo ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

TigerLust

m5DeABC.png 

Header Image By Savenger

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10

+ Offline: 13 (1(G) + 3(S) + 9 (B))     

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time: 5-10 hours (depends on how many runs you need for No Point in Dying)

+ Minimum number of play-through's needed: 1 (I suggest 2+)

+ Missable trophies: None (you can use chapter select for the collectible eggs)

+ Does difficulty effect trophies: No difficulty settings.

+ Glitched: None

+ Cheats: None

Controls

:ls: - Movement

:cross: - Jump

:circle: - Action (used to grab an item and hold to push/pull, also trigger environment objects)

:lsright:+:cross: - Bigger jump to the right. If you are standing on something that is in motion, that will factor in as well.

Step 1: Complete the game

Play thru the game and enjoy! Keep in mind that later on you will be aiming for a relatively clean run (five or less deaths), so try to remember in the back of your head how to get past things. After a hundred deaths or so, you will scrape by, earning you Where Credit Is Due.

Step 2: Egg Hunt!

Now that you completed the game, specific chapters can be loaded thru the menu. At this point, collect each of the eggs, earning you those specific trophies. See the trophy guide for details on these: Wrong Way, Altitude is Attitude, It's Stuck, Urban Exploration, Alone in the Dark, Climbing the Cog, Backtracking, Guided by Sparks, Under Ground, and Going Up.

Once you have all the those eggs, you can attempt to remain calm while going for DING!

Step 3: Clean Run

Now that you are familiar with the game, you can go for the run with five or less deaths. This is a real pain in the butt. Please refer to No Point in Dying in the trophy guide.

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YN3UjvX.png 

Header Image By Savenger

Story Related

11.jpg  Where Credit Is Due (S)

Perseverance has its own reward

After completing the game, you will unlock this trophy. There are a lot of platforming puzzles to solve, and a fair amount of "haha, bet you didn't expect that, did you?" moments developers throw in to make it feel like the game has added value. Whenever you die, you will restart very close by, so just keep at it till you make it to the end.

While playing, try to get familiar with exactly how each obstacle works and try to remember it for when you do No Point in Dying. I strongly suggest you play the first time without watching the videos, but if you are absolutely stumped, see No Point in Dying.

12.jpg  No Point in Dying (S)

Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths

Chapter select will NOT work. This is not going to be that easy. Essentially, you are going to play the game a few times, and constantly repeat the areas you die on till you smooth that section out. This will prepare you for the complete run in one sitting with five or less deaths.

I suggest you start with a few runs from the first hotel sign till the end and smooth that portion out first. I did the last chapter a few extra times just to get the timing down. That last chapter is under ten seconds if done right, yet so very dangerous. Now you are prepared for the complete run.

An optional step is to watch the videos on a separate screen, and every little bit, pause the video and play that section. You need to go back and forth, but it might help with some of those stupid deaths. This would be way too boring, tedious, and might actually make you lose focus on a real run for this trophy. Do it once, if at all.

You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game". Relax and play through the entire game again, writing down where/how you died each time. After you are done with the entire play through, go to those sections via chapter select and get that section done with no deaths. Do yet another ten second practice run of the final chapter, as it is so dangerous. Now you are ready to start the entire game again. Again, chapter select will NOT work for this trophy; You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game". Repeat the process in this paragraph till you manage a single play through with only 5 or less deaths.

Thanks to Bailli3Boyyy for the walk though videos:

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing banner.

Collectible Eggs

01.jpg  Wrong Way (B)

That's not right

Chapter 1 - As soon as you start the game, just walk directly to the left.

02.jpg  Altitude is Attitude (B)

Exploration off the ground

Chapter 4 (the picture shows a rock rolling down a tree/hill) - After you climb the tree and knock off the log, continue to scale up the tree, using the rope to the left of where you bumped the log.

03.jpg  It's Stuck (B)

Prepare a dry landing

Chapter 19 (the picture shows the brain eating worm and two ladders) - After you are done scaling up the ladders, get rid of the worm that sucks on your brain, stop for a moment while the pipe floats up to you. Now drag the pipe over to the right, so that around 3/4 of it is in the water. Use the left side of the pipe to grab the rope and hang on for a moment beating your chest. If you dragged the pipe to the right spot, the egg will land on it!

04.jpg  Urban Exploration (B)

Involves heavy lifting

Chapter 24 (the picture shows the elevator and two controls with up arrows lit) - At the freight elevators, maneuver the box to the upper level just beside the elevator. Hit the switch so it goes up, and use the box to jump on the very top of the elevator. Jump to the left when the elevator is close to the top (just before it crushes you), and grab the rope to the left. Hang on for a moment till the egg drops. Now jump back onto the elevator and make your way down safely to collect!

05.jpg  Alone in the Dark (B)

Beneath the arthropod

NOTE: In order to unlock DING!, you will need to visit this location after collecting the other eggs. I suggest getting the other eggs first, then getting both of these in one shot.

Chapter 26 (the picture shows a giant mosquito and a busted ladder) - Go to the left and down the ladder. To the right is a secret cave you will go in. Just keep moving to the right and jump when you hear the water. Keep jumping and moving to the right till this trophy pops. If you have all the other eggs collected, continue to the right and see DING!.

06.jpg  Climbing the Cog (B)

Don't pull the lever just because you can

Chapter 27 (the picture shows a giant cog and the lever) - You will see a cog and a lever. Instead of pulling the lever, jump from the lever platform onto the cog and continue to the other side to collect this egg.

07.jpg  Backtracking (B)

Ride the crates

Chapter 30 (the picture shows a conveyer belt and a crusher) - At the point where you see this egg, hit the switch so that the cog just above the egg is going counter-clockwise. Backtrack to the crusher, and hang onto the left side to jump to a ladder (you passed this ladder right after loading chapter 30), which will lead you to the egg.

- OR -

Chapter 31 (the picture shows a mining cart and a saw) - Simply Backtrack to the left and down the cogs till you get to the crusher. Follow the final instructions above.

08.jpg  Guided by Sparks (B)

The crate is key

Chapter 32 (the picture shows a lamp, ladder and rolling ball) - At the end of this chapter, you will come across a wall to the right with sparks, and a box will fall very close to it. Use the box to scale up where it fell, first moving to the left, then to the right, then do the hokey pokey and collect the egg.

09.jpg  Under Ground (B)

Vertical passageway

Chapter 34 (the picture shows a firing turret, elevator and control with down lit) - As soon as you load this chapter, you want to go slightly to the right and get underneath this elevator. Press down to get underneath the elevator car, and scale down the chain to claim this egg.

10.jpg  Going Up (S)

Don't let gravity keep you down

Chapter 38 (the picture shows a gravity switch with up lit; it is the chapter before the last) - As soon as you load this chapter, you are standing directly underneath the goal. Go to the right to trigger the switch and move the box to the right and move back over the switch. Hit the switch again, then go back to the left fast. With proper timing, you'll float up into the hole in the ceiling. Quickly pull the handle before gravity returns to normal in order to get the egg.

13.jpg  DING! (G)

Running off will get you nowhere

Once you have all the other egg trophies, you can now return to the spot where you collected the egg for Alone in the Dark and continue to the right.

Let's take it from the top:

Chapter 26 (the picture shows a giant mosquito and a busted ladder) - Go to the left and down the ladder. To the right is a secret cave you will go in. Just keep moving to the right and jump when you hear the water. Keep jumping and moving to the right till you see a bunch of lights that look like birthday cake candles. Since you have all the eggs, an area will be open to the right for your trials. Now you will be tested, and you at points can only rely on sound...

This section of the game is mad genius! Unless your sane of course, then it is merely a frustrating moment you should forget about when you're done with the trophy.

Here is a video with written instructions in each section, from MrKarllx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhiLNcRY1h0 Limbo - DING! - YouTube[/ame] 

If you prefer a written guide, click here for a guide by zer0 sp

Closing Notes

Thanks to Savenger for the header images, Bailli3Boyyy for the walk though videos, BrainLazy for the dozen egg videos, MrKarllx for the video of DING, and zer0_sp for the DING! written guide.

Trophy Guide and Road Map is now complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other form (physical, electronic, or other). This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Edited by Viper

Okay well the guide is nice and everything, but are these chapter numbers correct for the ps3 version?? I tried following the guide and it didn't make sense. I went to chapter select in game, went to the number specified and was nothing like the descriptions above.

Am i doing something wrong? Or is this an achievement guide for the Xbox version?

Okay well the guide is nice and everything, but are these chapter numbers correct for the ps3 version?? I tried following the guide and it didn't make sense. I went to chapter select in game, went to the number specified and was nothing like the descriptions above.

Am i doing something wrong? Or is this an achievement guide for the Xbox version?

I just posted the guide moments ago and it is still under heavy construction. The chapters I listed are based on what the videos listed, which use the numbers from xBox achievements. The guide is still under construction, and I will be listing the proper chapters to select shortly. Thanks for your patience.

I just posted the guide moments ago and it is still under heavy construction. The chapters I listed are based on what the videos listed, which use the numbers from xBox achievements. The guide is still under construction, and I will be listing the proper chapters to select shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Alright, i totally understand. :)

so the "no point in dying" trohpy can be obtained through chapter select ?

No. The trophy description is Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths. You need to hit :start: and pick "Start New Game".

Sweet. Gonna play limbo now :)

Enjoy!

Edited by TigerLust

really good guide. was waiting for someone to put up a decent guide before I think about buying the game for $12. Is this a co written guide because I see scavenger's name in it?

Also I think you should move the Trophy guide section down within it's own separate section. The banner where the trophy guide starts looks weird where it's currently at. Other than that great work.

really good guide. was waiting for someone to put up a decent guide before I think about buying the game for $12. Is this a co written guide because I see scavenger's name in it?

Scavenger? Hehe, I don't know if he'd appreciate that. :D if you are talking about where it says Last edited by Savenger, that was him throwing in those header images! While he gave some solid formatting suggestions, the entire guide (minus the videos and header images) was written by myself.

Also it is a very fun game, frustrating at times, but fun. I would say it should be priced at $10, but $12 is fine too.

Thanks for pointing out the image layout, I'll move the trophy guide into posts 2 and on shortly.

Edited by TigerLust

No, hit "start new game" and play it in one sitting with 5 or less deaths.

Did you see someone reply to him at the top of the page, seven hours before you did, basically saying the same thing? If you have something to add, by all means do so, but we don't need people repeating the same thing again. I realize your new to the site, and this is not really how I'd like to say welcome, just cutting you in the fact that people here aren't pleased with it. Mjc has a great animated image describing this, if I find it I'll post it here.

Did you see someone reply to him at the top of the page, seven hours before you did, basically saying the same thing? If you have something to add, by all means do so, but we don't need people repeating the same thing again. I realize your new to the site, and this is not really how I'd like to say welcome, just cutting you in the fact that people here aren't pleased with it. Mjc has a great animated image describing this, if I find it I'll post it here.

He probably missed your post... not a huge deal. Calm down.

Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: I confirmed and updated the guide. Where all the other chapters correct?

yes the other chapters were correct

just one suggestion though... when going for the DING! trophy (after collecting all other eggs) the quickest way is to chapter select to chapter 26

when it starts go left, back down the ladder and go through the secret cave etc

u edited the DING! description to read chapter 25. if someone were to chapter select to 25 they would be playing through it unnecessarily

very good guide :respect:

Uh, honda hoe, one of is confused... I think it is the same secret cave, wether going for Alone in the Dark or DING, so they should both be the same chapter, right?!? Which chapter is that? :rubs eyes:

At third glance, I think they are both Chapter 26 as I wrote originally... Please confirm or deny!

Edited by TigerLust

Uh, honda hoe, one of is confused... I think it is the same secret cave, wether going for Alone in the Dark or DING, so they should both be the same chapter, right?!? Which chapter is that? :rubs eyes:

At third glance, I think they are both Chapter 26 as I wrote originally... Please confirm or deny!

ok i will use spoiler tags to explain cuz i don't wanna spoil the plot for anyone

[spoiler=limbo]i am giving you my PERSONAL account when i was playing... when i was in chaper 25.. after i passed the sawblades etc.. when i approached the ladder.. i was still in chapter 25... i passed under the ladder.. i did not go up... i went into the cave and got the egg.. and my alone in the dark trophy popped. i was STILL in chapter 25. i went back to the ladder, climbed up to the platform with the broken ladder and mosquito. that is where chapter 26 starts. which is why i told u the alone in the dark trophy pops in chapter 25, not 26. However, for the DING! trophy, which u would only obtain AFTER finishing the game and getting all the other eggs.. when u are going for that specific trophy u would use chapter select.. so u would chapter select to 26. because that put u right on top the platform with the mosquito. u just have to go back down the ladder, into the cave etc. yes it is the same cave that the alone in the dark egg was. i hoped i explained myself clearly to u. as i said, this is what i did personally. sorry if i have confused

ok i will use spoiler tags to explain cuz i don't wanna spoil the plot for anyone

Cool, thanks for explaining. :) While I understand in your personal experience you got one of them during your initial play thru; the people using the guide need to know which chapter to select from the menu "on demand". If anyone is looking to load up a chapter for either of these eggs, it is chapter 26, so I reverted the guide back to that chapter.